Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah, that weird lag thing didn't carry over into the final release. It does have other issues though. I believe I was showing adored some pictures of AI injustice on Saturday. I might post them if I can be arsed. It's pathetic how much of a sad cunt this game makes me.
  • Cheers Paul.

Do you like the game in general though?  Have you tried FIFA 13 yet?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tried FIFA, can't enjoy it. I'm not feeling any love for this either so it may just be me.
  • i've just finished my first season in Master League, managed to secure promotion in 2nd place after a sticky patch around february/march almost saw me blow it.  a couple of key victories in the last few games got me back into it, including a game against my nearest rival where for possibly the first time in my life, i switched to a more defensive formation for the last 20 minutes in order to hang on to a 1-0 lead...
    on the pitch i've mostly enjoyed it, with that traditional PES mix up of amazing action quickly followed by hatred and rage at being fucked over.  my current hate now is that i keep getting tripped/stumble by the AI, don't get a free kick, but slow down enough so that the AI can recover the ball.  last game of the season (which i needed to win to guarantee promotion) saw me denied a stonewall penalty like this, though fortunately i still won.
    i also pulled off one of my classic PES howlers for the first time (in this version) last night...the keeper parries a shot, striker is in space with an open goal, tap L1 to take control, press shoot....but actually i pressed L1 and shoot to close together so my striker chips the ball over the bar from the 6 yard box....
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • i've just finished my first season in Master League, managed to secure promotion in 2nd place after a sticky patch around february/march almost saw me blow it.  a couple of key victories in the last few games got me back into it, including a game against my nearest rival where for possibly the first time in my life, i switched to a more defensive formation for the last 20 minutes in order to hang on to a 1-0 lead... on the pitch i've mostly enjoyed it, with that traditional PES mix up of amazing action quickly followed by hatred and rage at being fucked over.  my current hate now is that i keep getting tripped/stumble by the AI, don't get a free kick, but slow down enough so that the AI can recover the ball.  last game of the season (which i needed to win to guarantee promotion) saw me denied a stonewall penalty like this, though fortunately i still won. i also pulled off one of my classic PES howlers for the first time (in this version) last night...the keeper parries a shot, striker is in space with an open goal, tap L1 to take control, press shoot....but actually i pressed L1 and shoot to close together so my striker chips the ball over the bar from the 6 yard box....

I always do that chip from a yard out malarky. Oh how it hurts...

How is signing players this year? Still paying way over their value?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That foul thing they get away with kills me too. I can just about deal with it when it's in the middle of the park, but when the last man does it to you and doesn't even give away a free kick never mind getting sent off it really sucks the life out if me. 

I lose the will to play the game when I get crap like that. Have you also noticed that it always happens even when the defender is slower than the striker? And that you can't pull off this kind of cheating yourself? I might be done with playing the AI. Sad times.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Think I'm going to get rid of this - no real desire to play it.

Anyone want a copy (360)?
  • You bought it???

I think DJR was considering buying both this and FIFA.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yep. then had the realisation that I need to play less football, not more.
  • @loxdog don't think you have any say in the transfer fee, the scout does negotiations, then if that's successful you can agree/alter/refuse the players wages and contract length.

@Paul  it's like the AI can do the run/press tackle move constantly (which doubles as a pull from behind i think) and won't ever get blown up for it, whereas us humans have to do it at the right place and time or it's a yellow card.
  • Picked this up this morning.  It's football sex.  I am in love again.

The pace of the whole thing just feels right.  I just can't go back to FIFA 13 after this - that game is an arcade fest now in my opinion.

The player models look so amazing on this too.  Commentary is still awful but that can be turned off.

Daymo's patch is awesome - updates all proper stadia and kits.
  • Olimite wrote:

I usually have that realisation too late too. I have a solution for mine though. Get nephew to play it, he loves it, and that way I get some achievements too. He doens't play all the time though.

I will play more, but need less football and more other stuff in my gaming life. Impulse purchases are hurting me, must be more disciplined.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    I usually have that realisation too late too. I have a solution for mine though. Get nephew to play it, he loves it, and that way I get some achievements too. He doens't play all the time though. I will play more, but need less football and more other stuff in my gaming life. Impulse purchases are hurting me, must be more disciplined.

Quite fella. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with retail releases this year now.
  • Plan M wrote:
    Picked this up this morning.  It's football sex.  I am in love again. The pace of the whole thing just feels right.  I just can't go back to FIFA 13 after this - that game is an arcade fest now in my opinion. The player models look so amazing on this too.  Commentary is still awful but that can be turned off. Daymo's patch is awesome - updates all proper stadia and kits.

What I like about the pace of the game is that the players don't fizz around like they're on fast forward, but you can still play the game at a high tempo.  usually in footy games, if they slow the pace of movement, the whole game slows down to a bit of a trudge, or if the players are faster the whole thing gets manic.  this has a nice balance where the players move at a reasonable pace, but you can play football as fast or slow as you like.
  • Just failed to hang on to a 1-0 lead against Real in El Clasico. They equalised with literally the second last kick of the game. Bastards. Had been a great match, but I was robbed!!!
  • Plan M wrote:
    Picked this up this morning.  It's football sex.  I am in love again. The pace of the whole thing just feels right.  I just can't go back to FIFA 13 after this - that game is an arcade fest now in my opinion. The player models look so amazing on this too.  Commentary is still awful but that can be turned off. Daymo's patch is awesome - updates all proper stadia and kits.

With all the things that bug me, it's still better than last year. Just could've been perfect with a little bit more tweaking (was the early release too much?)
  • Anyone got this on PS3? My mate has lent me his copy (he's away until Monday) in the hope that I get into it and buy it for head to head online. If anyone fancies a few matches online (against a very rusty old pro) between now and Sunday night I'll try to remember my PS3 username.
  • Plan M wrote:
    What I like about the pace of the game is that the players don't fizz around like they're on fast forward, but you can still play the game at a high tempo.  usually in footy games, if they slow the pace of movement, the whole game slows down to a bit of a trudge, or if the players are faster the whole thing gets manic.  this has a nice balance where the players move at a reasonable pace, but you can play football as fast or slow as you like.

Excellent point.  I played a CL campaign last night on superstar difficulty and had so much fun.  I watched Man Utd in the CL before playing and then played this straight after and the pace is so realistic now.  

Really enjoying this.

@loxdog

Yeah they should have held off until October in my opinion and included Communities and up-to-date transfers in retail version on release day.
  • Just booted this up.  I'm sure this has been covered in the previous pages (I had a quick look), but even for a Pro Evo game the transfers seem out of date.  I just downloaded the data pack too, but there's still no Van Persie at United.  Didn't this game only just come out?
  • Google search 'Daymos Option File V.2'. It will solve all your problems and even give you updated kits, stadia etc :)

All you need is a USB stick.
  • Nice one, found it, thanks. It doesn't fiddle with any stats does it? Just kits and transfers etc? I know that my mate won't use it if it tinkers with player abilities and suchlike.

Edit: Hmmm. Seems to be 360 only. Will have a proper search when I get home.
  • @Moot_geeza there's an option file for PS3 on the winningelevenblog site...i linked to it a few pages back.  I'm using a very early version of it (i'd guess they've been updating it since release) but even that had all correct leagues, names and kits for the main ones.  I also installed a 'chant pack' so when playing at home as Newcastle the crowd sing 'walking in a robson wonderland' etc...or if you want to stay 'official', Konami announced even before realise that there will be an update early october with all the latest transfers
  • also, my second season in ML is not looking like it will be going well...having secured promotion at the first attempt, and agreed a transfer with a rather high salary player, i was let down by a lack of prize money and financial backing from the board for the new season...by the start of August i was over 1.6 million in the red and you need to be in the black by end of august...cue a backroom reshuffle (slightly decent coach replaced by el cheapo coach), squad trimming (release all the players that don't regularly make the squad), then agree to the sale of my 4th choice striker (which hurt as he was a promising prospect)...but i was still a bit in the red come the first game of the season....cruelly it was away so no gate receipt money for me....and even crueller, i got absolutely humped by fulham

so approaching the end of august, still in debt and with a first team not strong enough to match up with fulham...then my top young striker got a serious injury that would keep him out until christmas.  and being heartless, i promptly released him, freeing up enough wage money so that i was back in the black, but now with only 2 recognised strikers.

this could be a long season...i don't think i've ever finished outside the top few places in any season in ML before, but this year a relegation battle could be on the cards!
  • also, my second season in ML is not looking like it will be going well...having secured promotion at the first attempt, and agreed a transfer with a rather high salary player, i was let down by a lack of prize money and financial backing from the board for the new season...by the start of August i was over 1.6 million in the red and you need to be in the black by end of august...cue a backroom reshuffle (slightly decent coach replaced by el cheapo coach), squad trimming (release all the players that don't regularly make the squad), then agree to the sale of my 4th choice striker (which hurt as he was a promising prospect)...but i was still a bit in the red come the first game of the season....cruelly it was away so no gate receipt money for me....and even crueller, i got absolutely humped by fulham so approaching the end of august, still in debt and with a first team not strong enough to match up with fulham...then my top young striker got a serious injury that would keep him out until christmas.  and being heartless, i promptly released him, freeing up enough wage money so that i was back in the black, but now with only 2 recognised strikers. this could be a long season...i don't think i've ever finished outside the top few places in any season in ML before, but this year a relegation battle could be on the cards!

Ouch. The whole situation with money in Master League needs to be revamped so you can only spend your means. I hate the fact that you can overspend, although at least it's "realistic". Not as "realistic" as paying £20m for a player valued at £2m, or have they fixed that?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Google search 'Daymos Option File V.2'. It will solve all your problems and even give you updated kits, stadia etc :) All you need is a USB stick.

As long as you only want to play with those squads in single player presumably?
  • loxdog wrote:
    also, my second season in ML is not looking like it will be going well...having secured promotion at the first attempt, and agreed a transfer with a rather high salary player, i was let down by a lack of prize money and financial backing from the board for the new season...by the start of August i was over 1.6 million in the red and you need to be in the black by end of august...cue a backroom reshuffle (slightly decent coach replaced by el cheapo coach), squad trimming (release all the players that don't regularly make the squad), then agree to the sale of my 4th choice striker (which hurt as he was a promising prospect)...but i was still a bit in the red come the first game of the season....cruelly it was away so no gate receipt money for me....and even crueller, i got absolutely humped by fulham so approaching the end of august, still in debt and with a first team not strong enough to match up with fulham...then my top young striker got a serious injury that would keep him out until christmas.  and being heartless, i promptly released him, freeing up enough wage money so that i was back in the black, but now with only 2 recognised strikers. this could be a long season...i don't think i've ever finished outside the top few places in any season in ML before, but this year a relegation battle could be on the cards!
    Ouch. The whole situation with money in Master League needs to be revamped so you can only spend your means. I hate the fact that you can overspend, although at least it's "realistic". Not as "realistic" as paying £20m for a player valued at £2m, or have they fixed that?

I did sign a player from another team, and you do get to 'alter' the transfer fee if you want to barter (after the scout negotiates an agreement off his own bat)...i think the fee was over double the players 'value' though...and the players i sold went for way over their value too (even though i'd put them on transfer list).  these were all cheapo players mind, but it appears the value isn't really related to the transfer fee...

the main problem with the money thing though was that it allowed me to fuck myself over without much guidance...i at least had a vague memory of how it would work but new players could really get done over.  basically i signed a player after the january window shut, thinking i had enough in the bank to cover his wages...but it didn't take the money then as the player didn't join until the new season, at which point i had to pay the wages for my whole team, and i found out i didn't get any extra money for the new season (just the piddling amount from my sponsors).  so i was naive to think i'd get more money, but at the same time the game would have let me (pre) spend as much as i wanted after the january window without really showing that the money you have now will need to pay for next season too!
    it would be much better if you had to balance the books by the end of the season, rather than the start...so you still pay wages up front, but if you're in the red then you can try to make it up through the season (they could even charge interest), then you get sacked/players sold at the the end of the season if you're down...
  • Olimite wrote:
    Google search 'Daymos Option File V.2'. It will solve all your problems and even give you updated kits, stadia etc :) All you need is a USB stick.
    As long as you only want to play with those squads in single player presumably?

Version 1.5 lets you play online with official kits etc.  Version 3 is arriving after the October update which will let us do everything i.e. play online with kits, all stadia etc.

Back to the game:  I can't believe how much I am enjoying this.  There is so much depth to it.  I constantly tinker and change my systems and the CPU reacts to it.  It's fantastic.

And my God, do all the teams/players feel different or what?  In previous FIFA releases every team felt exactly the same, whether I was Barcelona or Stoke.  Not in this.  The Player ID works really well.

Yes, it hasn't got the glitz and glamour of FIFA but it sure is a deep experience.  It really does remind me of the good old days when PES was good.

I have been needing a change from FIFA a long time and I am glad I took the plunge.  PES 06-2012 were complete shite in my opinion but this is a massive step in the right direction.   Can't wait to see how next year's turns out with the new Fox Engine.

I am officially addicted.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    AI still kicking me off the ball and not giving away a free kick. I might be finished with this tripe already.
  • AI still kicking me off the ball and not giving away a free kick. I might be finished with this tripe already.

I've given up with MLO. How come no-one else seems to have the problems I'm having? Even when I do get matched evenly (rarely), they still manage to dick on me. Lost 6/7 games in a row this weekend, turd. Starting to think it's me, rather than the game, that has issues...

Started to notice the stumbling thing that the AI applies too. ANNOYING.
  • damn you evil game!
    first i got knocked out of the FA cup by Sunderland (when playing as Newcastle!).  i had rested a few star men, but was 1-0 up before a late equaliser when my CB ran in the wrong direction when chasing a through ball, then they got a late corner and you know how that ended (though in a subtle change, they didn't bury the header, but no one tried to do anything to the cross until it hit my player at the back post, who like everyone else ignored my pressing 'shoot to clear' and instead trapped the ball nicely for their striker to volley home).
    but i took it manly, marched on to the next game away to Everton...battled back from a goal down, leading 2-1 as we entered the final moments...another long ball pumped into the box, but the defender has it covered, all the time in the world...and he heads it out for a corner.  that's what really annoyed me because we really do know what happened next.

and all i could do was sit there silent with rage, and flick the Vs at the TV!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!