Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
  • Olimite wrote:
    Someone else has now told me that you don't need a modded console to get option files to run on a 360. Good news!

Yep this is true!  Great news.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Elaborate please.

I will once I look it up.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The music is fucking abysmal as per.
  • The music is fucking abysmal as per.

Do you like the FIFA music?  cos if you do, then it probably bodes well, as i usually enjoy the silly PES music over the 'cool' FIFA tunes...

Also, real footballers wear black boots...anything else and you deserve to get your diamond-stud ear ring slapped out! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Some of the music is great in FIFA, at the very least it's all from artists who can play their instruments and sing, not tone deaf twats with accordions.

Played four games of the Champions League mode tonight as Bayern Munich on Top Player. Won three drew two, completely dominated possession, scored some beauties, missed some fucking sitters, got booked for almost every sliding tackle whether I won the ball or not and I conceded plenty of goals.

The goals the AI score still bug the tits off me. Boateng seems incapable of clearing the ball, twice he tried to take a touch in the box and gifted their striker the ball, and once he even notched an OG from a rebound off the keeper. I also conceded three goals from corners as they're impossible to defend. You're literally helpless. 

I also had the worrying spectre of scripting running through the games. I play a perfectly timed lifted through ball to Gomez, he's making the run as I'm playing it, level with his marker who's facing the wrong direction. Instead of simply running past him and latching onto the ball, Gonez seems to home in on the centre back, who has turned and is merging with Gomez's run, leading to the all too familiar 'I'm stuck to his back' animation that should have been eliminated in the PS2 era. Frustrating.

A through ball from the AI is a far deadlier weapon. Their striker was marked by my centre back, and had a midfielder between him and the ball. Their midfielder plays the ball straight at my midfielder who raises his hand for offside and runs out of the way of the ball instead of standing there and trapping it. With my centre back also waving to his girlfriend in the crowd, his striker is clean through and buries it. Garbage, it's like a meter has been filling through the match the longer I have the ball, when it's full they unleash their Limit Break guaranteed goal move as a form of punishment.

Despite all this bullshit I still enjoyed playing it, so either I've got a screw loose or I'm some weird masochist.
  • Regarding the option file with kits etc: keep your eyes on winningelevenblog.com/ for the data files they upload that corrects the names of teams and every player, calls the leagues the right names and has all the kits and logos too. Totally transforms the game. Its as easy as putting it on a USB and copying it to your PS3/360/PC
  • Some of the music is great in FIFA, at the very least it's all from artists who can play their instruments and sing, not tone deaf twats with accordions. Played four games of the Champions League mode tonight as Bayern Munich on Top Player. Won three drew two, completely dominated possession, scored some beauties, missed some fucking sitters, got booked for almost every sliding tackle whether I won the ball or not and I conceded plenty of goals. The goals the AI score still bug the tits off me. Boateng seems incapable of clearing the ball, twice he tried to take a touch in the box and gifted their striker the ball, and once he even notched an OG from a rebound off the keeper. I also conceded three goals from corners as they're impossible to defend. You're literally helpless.  I also had the worrying spectre of scripting running through the games. I play a perfectly timed lifted through ball to Gomez, he's making the run as I'm playing it, level with his marker who's facing the wrong direction. Instead of simply running past him and latching onto the ball, Gonez seems to home in on the centre back, who has turned and is merging with Gomez's run, leading to the all too familiar 'I'm stuck to his back' animation that should have been eliminated in the PS2 era. Frustrating. A through ball from the AI is a far deadlier weapon. Their striker was marked by my centre back, and had a midfielder between him and the ball. Their midfielder plays the ball straight at my midfielder who raises his hand for offside and runs out of the way of the ball instead of standing there and trapping it. With my centre back also waving to his girlfriend in the crowd, his striker is clean through and buries it. Garbage, it's like a meter has been filling through the match the longer I have the ball, when it's full they unleash their Limit Break guaranteed goal move as a form of punishment. Despite all this bullshit I still enjoyed playing it, so either I've got a screw loose or I'm some weird masochist.

sounds like classic PES!  you know if you're not winning by 2 then you're going to get fucked in the last minute...:)
  • I now have this. Gamertag = MM Hylian Elf

First PES in years. In fact, first footy game I've bouht since FIFA '10, I think.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • All the stuff Paul The Sparky says above is what ground me down and finally put me off PES all together. If thats all still there, for me its not worth going back to Konami yet. After the great FIFA switch of 2010 I wouldn't be able to return to that level of scripted play - i know FIFA has similar traits but they are fewer, the games feel more organic and unpredictable to me personally.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is anyone attempting the training challenges? There's one where you need to control a cross on your chest and volley it. It's impossible.
  • Is anyone attempting the training challenges? There's one where you need to control a cross on your chest and volley it. It's impossible.

Piece of piss that one son, you're in for a hiding.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's totally unpossible.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Actually, scrap that, I wasn't holding the button down like it told me to. User error.
  • here's a link to the early version of the 'winningelevenblog' option file for those interested:  http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10901
    also, here's a link to a 'chants pack' thread, which i think will work with 2013, and allows you to insert custom crowd chants and music for your favourite team (or all the teams if you really want)...http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5444

if you like that sort of thing...i haven't even played the game yet never mind altered it so i'm not recommending these specifically...

(PS3 only)
  • adored wrote:
    you're in for a hiding.

Told you.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm licking my wounds.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just patched the PC version, tis good so far.

Really warming to this.
  • Just played a couple of exhibition matches. Plays like it always did. Can't see shy difference between this and previous versions. Oh well. I'll stick with it.

CPU is cheating fuck as always. Winning 1-0, then they equalise in last minute after it felt like it was impossible to get the ball off them and if you did tackle them, the ball would go straight to another of their attacking players. Fuckers.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I know. But, on the bright side, I had some top lag free exciting multiplayer games with the mighty adored earlier. There's still some stuff like a through ball turning defenders into statues, but at least it's equal when you're playing another human being.

My staple game is going to be against the AI in master league, so I hope I can ignore the bullshit and enjoy the game long term.
  • Erm... How do you change the difficulty setting? I set it to second hardest when I put the game in. Doesn't seem to be an option in Options.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think you can change it on the same screen where you select the strips/game plan etc.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I now have this. Gamertag = MM Hylian Elf First PES in years. In fact, first footy game I've bouht since FIFA '10, I think.

I'll give you a few games sometime. However, I should warn you, as Sparky can testify, I am absolutle amazingly shite at this game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Saw this for £35 in Tesco, and since Fifa has soured me, thinking about it. Anyone wish to push me over the edge (to recommend, not kill me)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I can't as I'm currently in the 'hate' phase of my relationship with the game.

Every team is sitting back against me, so I'm regularly having 60% of the ball and creating chances, just failing to score them. Being clean through gives the same odds of scoring as shooting from 25 yards out. Bullshit. Then they go up the other end and score. Twice. 

Finding it a fucking chore at the minute.
  • I'm getting a bit frustrated at times too. Every tackle I make ends up as a foul. While the AI seemingly gets away with horrendous lunges and also just walks up takes the ball off casually from Messi (after they just walk up to him faster than he tries to run away from them). 

Passes going astray is still as annoying as ever so I'm trying to get used to manual passing.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm just getting my head around using the right stick to send team mates on a run. It's pretty confusing. I'm more confused that there's even a need for such a mechanic, obviously they realise that their AI is a bit rubbish on its own.

Just played a couple of online games. Load of shit. Barcelona this, Man City that, every player in their squads are lightning fast super strong mutants. Fucking laughable.

Keep your money in your sky rocket Reg, there are better things to spend it on than this.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Don't worry Paul, Xcom is out in a few weeks. Nothing else will matter then.
  • I'm just getting my head around using the right stick to send team mates on a run. It's pretty confusing.

HA! That was the one element from the demo (and in 12 to be fair) that swung me in the direction of PES, I liked how it worked - you got to chose when to send them running.

However, other than that, based on the demos, FIFA is ahead for me. Neither demo did quite enough to hook me last year, but maybe this time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!