Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
  • Just snapped the disc in a fit of pure dejection. Tried a new master league as Barca, it's exactly the same game as playing as Newcastle. Completely dominant, can't score more than one, they break away and score. If that wasn't inevitable enough, the way they scored was an absolute joke. One of their players runs between Puyol and Alves, has a shit touch so they both easily get in ahead of him. Cool beans I thought, until I remembered that as they're on my side, Puyol and Alves now play like The Chuckle Brothers and clatter into each other gifting the ball back to the AI striker.  I've still got youth prospect Nouhei (or whatever random Countdown-esque collection of letters they call him) covering. In he slides, taking the ball then the man. The ref has a PES moment and points to the spot, giving Nououiehiouhiueohiuo a yellow despite him being the only player within fifteen yards and their striker being dead centre of goal. Madness. I'm past the point of getting angry at it, so I sigh, finish the game, save and eject the disc to continue with XCOM. Before I put the disc back in its box I look at it and think to myself 'what's the fucking point?' and snap it in two before putting it where it belongs, the recycling bin. Goodbye PES, we've had some good times, but you're now an irredeemable mess of a game that only exists to suck the fun out of football and videogames. Good riddance.

I don't find it nearly as annoying as this. I had a few games against my mate last night, really good fun. I dominated to start with but he felt his way into it and beat me in the last of the 5 or so games we played. Didn't feel even slightly jipped. Playing ML myself now and not seen too much in the way of AI scripting. Every goal I concede is my fault, and I won a game 4-0 only to lose the next 2-6. Both due to me being on form/red mist. I'm on Top Player btw, won't ever go to Cheaterstar
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Paul, you could have given me the game instead of snapping it. I would have played it.

Actually, that's a lie, I would have traded it for something better ;)
  • loxdog wrote:
    Just snapped the disc in a fit of pure dejection. Tried a new master league as Barca, it's exactly the same game as playing as Newcastle. Completely dominant, can't score more than one, they break away and score. If that wasn't inevitable enough, the way they scored was an absolute joke. One of their players runs between Puyol and Alves, has a shit touch so they both easily get in ahead of him. Cool beans I thought, until I remembered that as they're on my side, Puyol and Alves now play like The Chuckle Brothers and clatter into each other gifting the ball back to the AI striker.  I've still got youth prospect Nouhei (or whatever random Countdown-esque collection of letters they call him) covering. In he slides, taking the ball then the man. The ref has a PES moment and points to the spot, giving Nououiehiouhiueohiuo a yellow despite him being the only player within fifteen yards and their striker being dead centre of goal. Madness. I'm past the point of getting angry at it, so I sigh, finish the game, save and eject the disc to continue with XCOM. Before I put the disc back in its box I look at it and think to myself 'what's the fucking point?' and snap it in two before putting it where it belongs, the recycling bin. Goodbye PES, we've had some good times, but you're now an irredeemable mess of a game that only exists to suck the fun out of football and videogames. Good riddance.
    I don't find it nearly as annoying as this. I had a few games against my mate last night, really good fun. I dominated to start with but he felt his way into it and beat me in the last of the 5 or so games we played. Didn't feel even slightly jipped. Playing ML myself now and not seen too much in the way of AI scripting. Every goal I concede is my fault, and I won a game 4-0 only to lose the next 2-6. Both due to me being on form/red mist. I'm on Top Player btw, won't ever go to Cheaterstar

Yeah I play on Top Player, perfect difficulty for me.  Can't wait for Daymos v.3 OF to be released to get cracking with a ML.
  • i wonder if the issues are exaggerated when playing as a poor team against better teams...the AI issues aren't going to stand out in multiplayer, and a lot of the positive comments seem to be coming from those playing mainly in exhibition, champs league modes etc where it's more likely you're playing with evenly matched teams...
    my first season in ML was enjoyable, but then i was playing as a shit team in a shit league...but in my second season, where i was still a shit team but now in the premier league it just got worse and worse...playing at your absolute limit to try to drag a half knackered bunch of numpties up to a competitive level against good teams, and then constantly getting stiffed over really gets to you.  it really feels like the game decides the result beforehand - it looks at your rating against theirs and thinks "you should get beat here" and then no matter what you try to do, it comes to pass.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!