#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I watched Voyager for the first time recently and thought it was almost entirely average.  Janeway and the Doctor saved it from just being shit.  Haven't seen DS9 yet (waiting for inevitable Blu-rays).  TNG had Picard, the god of all captains, Data and Worf, which means it wins.  I'm currently working my way through the original series on Blu-ray.
    Get schwifty.
  • TNG from about Series 3/4 onwards beats any star trek stuff before or since. There's plenty of filler episodes. And a bit too much of Data doing the Spock 'what does it mean to be human' thing. 
    Gold apart from that though. It also knows how to wrap itself up.
  • DS9 got good when Sisqo went bald and
    Spoiler:
    started up.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • i'm going to be watching this when it drops.

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Not too sure about its American Civil War vibe, but yes, that looks like my kind of shizzle!  Black drug baron guy outta Breaking Bad too!

Back to Trek:  that thing with Captain Archer in it was a terrible way to end the telly franchise.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Looks intriguing, JJ Abrams rings alarm bells for this sort of thing though. The visual style is horrible as well - no power probably wouldn't mean The Gap only did earth tones fifteen years later.
  • I liked the first half of the trailer, looked great. However the second half looks like glossy, talky nonsense that really has nothing to do with the setting at all.
  • true ^ but thats lost all over :D

I'm gonna be hooked i can tell.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • That will need to get blanket brilliant reviews for me to bother with it because I think it looks terrible.
  • what was so bad you have already labelled it "terrible"?
  • Trailer, mainly,

Just doesn't look interesting to me, personally. Music didn't help either, looked like all pomp and no substance.

And then a guy started sword fighting.

Not my bag.

Edit: bear in mind I said it 'looks' terrible, not that it is. I'm not claiming superior knowledge here.
  • ironically i thought it looked impressive.. just that it could wander into cheese territory in terms of plot.

So what tv show "looks good" to you?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If they can't make it look good in a trailer it doesn't bode well for the show proper.  Will give it a chance, though.
    Get schwifty.
  • It should be more 'The Road' in the talky bits and more 'Book of Eli' in the action bits. However looks a bit Three Muskateers in action and Dawson's Creek in talking.
    A point a mate just made is that they all look too clean and manaquered also none of their clothes are worn out even after 15 years of no modern manufacturing techniques.

It's a nice concept though.
  • I don't watch a lot of TV Maria, but I think Breakig Bad looks good, as did BSG, which I just watched all the way through.

The overly clean stuff is true too I think.

This isn't a personal dig, I just don't think it looks very good.
  • Perhaps the lead bint will snag her Gap top on a barbed wire fence revealing a finely toned abdomen.  Needs to go more Mad Max/Fallout in the wardrobe department.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It should be more 'The Road' in the talky bits and more 'Book of Eli' in the action bits. However looks a bit Three Muskateers in action and Dawson's Creek in talking. A point a mate just made is that they all look too clean and manaquered also none of their clothes are worn out even after 15 years of no modern manufacturing techniques. It's a nice concept though.

Nailed it.  When I first read about this show I instantly envisioned a world gone to hell very much like The Road.  It looks more like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    Get schwifty.
  • What's ironic about thinking it looks impressive?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I thought it looked rubbish.
  • Once Upon A Time finale lived up to expectations. All sorts of goodness. Robert Carlyle was absolutely wonderful.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I tried Once Upon a Time.  I didn't like it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Watched 3 series of Misfits over the last few days.  Loved it.
  • Roger Stirling: How Jewish are they, you know, Fiddler on the Roof, Audience or Cast?

Wonderful.
  • The Walking Dead, Season 2 arrives on terrestrial tonight. Quite enjoyed Season 1, never read the comics, so zero expectations.

shall be watching

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Blocks100 wrote:
     Black drug baron guy outta Breaking Bad too!

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Didn't take it personably tempy. Just surprised people could say it "looks rubbish or terrible" thy are words I use for really shit things. At worst it looks average to me but hey ho.
  • @G.man: What channel is Walking Dead on? I'm waiting for series 2 to be on a channel I actually have!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • It's on Ch5 right now.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Revolution looks shite
  • I've bought the Alan Partridge box-set. On the first series, does it get better?
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!