The TV you like thread
  • @Blocks100: I was trying to describe that scene for my fiance. I struggled to find words to describe it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Season two gets awesome at the end. Can't wait for it to return.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Am enjoying Girls far more than I thought I would.
    Very funny, very cringey. Lead girl is director/writer/producer on it and puts herself in some truly horrible situations. Promising stuff
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • End of s3 of six feet under was pretty nuts.

S2 end of true blood was too meandering.

Whitechapel has turned out to be good fun.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I liked Arrested Development waaaaaaaaay before anyone else on here so fuck you all.
  • Not true. I actually watched it on its first airing on north American tv. (and didn't get it)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    So apprently, episode 8 is the big battle one in this season of GoT. Cannot wait.
  • About blinkin' time.  The War of Five Kings needs mor wor in it. And yes, I know it wasn't like that in the books before anyone starts....

Mad Men has hit another plateau.  Gilmore Girl appearing in Pete's daydreams is one thing, but I felt they could've done more with 
    Spoiler:
    (Although I know some people hate that as a storytelling device). Still one of the best things on telly by a country mile though.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I liked Arrested Development waaaaaaaaay before anyone else on here so fuck you all.

Meh, I watched it 1st time it aired on BBC2, which is way before it even got broadcast in the states, honest.
  • Just watched Tales of Television Centre on BBC4. Brilliant stuff. Not a dry eye by the final credits. Still can't believe the BBC are fucking stupid enough to sell the place and move out to the regions. Worst decision in the entire history of broadcasting.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • My sis works at the manchester site, edit suites and the like are a clusterfuck. Massive waste of money and they have to keep sending people back down south for filming anyway. Totally pointless move :-(
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Onto season 2 of Breaking Bad, still loving it. Shame the first one had only 7 episodes, felt kinda open ended.

Guess that when we're finished this season, Game of Thrones season 2 might be completed as well, so we can finally watch that. Although I wasn't really impressed by the first one.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I just started watching Breaking Bad – took a few episodes before I realised the main guy was the dad from Malcolm in the Middle! Amazing what a moustache and glasses will do...
  • djchump wrote:
    My sis works at the manchester site, edit suites and the like are a clusterfuck. Massive waste of money and they have to keep sending people back down south for filming anyway. Totally pointless move :-(
    Yeah similar tales from Pacific Quay in Glasgow. The day they left Broadcasting House in the west end of Glasgow was they day the BBC died in Scotland. Pacific Quay is one of the worst buildings I've ever had to work in.
    Whole thing is akin to King Arthur selling Camelot and moving to a council scheme.

madness

g.man
  • I've heard very positive reports from some of the people who work at MediaCity in Salford Quays. State-of-the-art recording studios and whatnot...
  • Shush you!
  • I know nothing about the TV side of things - I'm only talking about live music broadcasts and recording sessions (live or otherwise).
  • Gathered as much.

regards

g.man
  • The 8-bit episode of 'Community' (S03E20) that aired last night is fucking incredible.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Just watched Tales of Television Centre on BBC4. Brilliant stuff. Not a dry eye by the final credits. Still can't believe the BBC are fucking stupid enough to sell the place and move out to the regions. Worst decision in the entire history of broadcasting. regards g.man

Missed it last night, recording it tomorrow. My kinda thing.

Love going round the old tv forums and reading tales from those who worked there/in any tv.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Penultimate and.....ultimate? episodes of The Bridge tomorrow. Excite.
    Spoiler:
  • I've heard very positive reports from some of the people who work at MediaCity in Salford Quays. State-of-the-art recording studios and whatnot...
    The edit suites are a separate company or something that the shows have to pay to use - and their database / server setup doesn't work. Everyone knew it wouldn't work and told them so, but they never fixed them. Still not working properly. 
    Sport dept at least had the sway to tell them to get fucked and use their own edit suites. Everyone else is boned.
  • rickjoyce wrote:
    The 8-bit episode of 'Community' (S03E20) that aired last night is fucking incredible.

I'm upto episode 8 atm. Good stuff so far, Chevy Chase is on cracking form.
  • Re: GoT "going too far"
    Spoiler:
    Re: BSG
    Spoiler:
  • At least BSG provided this deeply inappropriate and blackly amusing ad break. 

DO NOT watch if you haven't finished the series. Major spoiler.
    Spoiler:
  • Not Going Out has become my guilty pleasure.
  • In GOT loving the scenes with Arya and Lord Tywin.
  • Anyone watch FreddieW youtube videos?

They've done a tv series based around video games, Video Game High School

Its cheesy but its pretty good, especially when you consider its web-tv. Certainly the best thing ive seen, which in itself isnt actually saying much.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Not Going Out has become my guilty pleasure.

Why guilty, it's superb. Classic British word-play and situational comedy.

Presume you've seen S1 with the american bird. Some of the finest bits of Brit comedy in the last decade, imo.
  • Not Going Out is excellent.
    The Bridge is also worth watching (though a little contrived), the only really annoying thing about it being the awfully-mumbly theme song.  Still, it's better than any home-grown crime drama I've seen in recent memory.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!