The TV you like thread
  • No worries, just found it! You had me worrying that it was tonight!
    Got it series linked, very excited now!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I love partridge. It's comedy gold. The part where he lives in the hotel is brilliant.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • No worries, just found it! You had me worrying that it was tonight! Got it series linked, very excited now!
    Good tense start so far.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Gale Ann Hurd blocked me on Twitter for my critique of The Walking Dead and I didn't even use abusive language.
    Spoiler:
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • I still think the show is quite fun. I just think it can be better.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Bloody hell! Has anyone watched game of thrones yet?! Jeeeesus someone's gone a bit too far.
  • adored wrote:
    Roger Stirling: How Jewish are they, you know, Fiddler on the Roof, Audience or Cast? Wonderful.
    Bert Cooper checking his watch when he asked if Roger was getting divorced already was a genuine LOL. 

Another great episode.
  • I've bought the Alan Partridge box-set. On the first series, does it get better?

By the first series do you mean the series where he is in the hotel or the series that is his chat show? 
    I never liked the chat show stuff but hotel and caravan stuff is absolutely brilliant.
  • mk64 wrote:
    I love partridge. It's comedy gold. The part where he lives in the hotel is brilliant.

You mean the entire first series?

Is that the part you mean? The 3 hours of TV?
  • I've bought the Alan Partridge box-set. On the first series, does it get better?

By the first series do you mean the series where he is in the hotel or the series that is his chat show? 
    I never liked the chat show stuff but hotel and caravan stuff is absolutely brilliant.

Yeah, it's the Knowing Me Knowing You chat show stuff, it's a bit... shit.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Hahaha :D

EDIT: @google
  • Not without its charms IMO but I much prefer the Biopic stuff.

I do like this from KMKYWAP though

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    google wrote:
    I love partridge. It's comedy gold. The part where he lives in the hotel is brilliant.
    You mean the entire first series? Is that the part you mean? The 3 hours of TV?

The first series of the box set is Knowing Me Knowing You.

The second series I'm Alan Partridge is the best. The TV version of Knowing Me is the weakest, the radio originals are much better.

EDIT: Wot everyone else said.
  • @XTC_NRG_4_DARKRAVERYeah If I was you I would jump onto the first series of "I'm Alan Partridge" then. The Knowing' stuff hasn't aged all that well. You may appreciate it more once you've learnt to love the character through the other shows.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Roger Stirling: How Jewish are they, you know, Fiddler on the Roof, Audience or Cast? Wonderful.

I don't understand...hang on..I'm thinking of Rod Serling.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    google wrote:
    You mean the entire first series? Is that the part you mean? The 3 hours of TV?
    The first series of the box set is Knowing Me Knowing You. The second series I'm Alan Partridge is the best. The TV version of Knowing Me is the weakest, the radio originals are much better. EDIT: Wot everyone else said.

You're confused and I'd ask you not argue Partridge with me.

Series 1 of I'm Alan Partridge follows Alan in 1997 as he tries to get his new TV commissioned on the BBC and the fallout from that inevitable decision. 

Series 2 of I'm Alan Partidge follows Alan in 2002 after which he's written his personal biography, Bouncing Back.

Knowing me, Knowing you is definitely canon in the Partridge universe but is not to be confused with I'm Alan Partridge.

OK!?!?!??!?!

• "Trust Me, I'm a Stomach"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    google wrote:
    Knowing me, Knowing you is definitely canon in the Partridge universe but is not to be confused with I'm Alan Partridge. OK!?!?!??!?!

I didn't confuse it with I'm Alan Partridge. I also didn't forget it existed, forget it was the first disc in the box set Lawro was asking about, then double down and dig even further into the hole.
  • I just assumed this was the right order? The TV show spin off from The Day Today and then the fall from 'stardom' with I'm Alan...
  • It is all in order Lawro, but KMKYWAP ain't that great.

Of course he originally came to fame presenting Scout About on t'radio.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Technically Knowing Me, Knowing You started in 92 on radio, so it isn't a proper spin off but then I'm being a boring fuck so okay.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Although technically The Day Today 'began (On The Hour)' on radio so I dunno it's confusing
  • I, Partridge sorts it all out.
  • Nreds
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I, Partridge sorts it all out.

fenominul book dat
  • Mod74 wrote:
    google wrote:
    Knowing me, Knowing you is definitely canon in the Partridge universe but is not to be confused with I'm Alan Partridge. OK!?!?!??!?!
    I didn't confuse it with I'm Alan Partridge. I also didn't forget it existed, forget it was the first disc in the box set Lawro was asking about, then double down and dig even further into the hole.

LAWRO NEEDS TO KNOW THE TRUTH, MOD.

SERIES 1 IS SPECTACULAR
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Back to Trek: TNG was a piss poor version of original Trek the first two years, but once Riker got his beard or The Borg turned up, whichever happened first, it had a fair number of excellent eps. The one that comes to mind is when Picard lives through a whole other life, due to a long extinct species' method of letting other civilizations know of their existence, and allows Picard to have a wife and kids, which is something he knows he'll never experience in real life.

I didn't really enjoy DS9, the much superior Babylon 5 was on at the same time. Voyager had Neelix, the most irritating Trek character ever, and had some of worst episodes ever - the one where Janeway devolved into a slug being the standout.

I really liked the last two seasons of Enterprise, they finally brought in some new writers, but by then most people had had their fill of tv trek.
    Things can only get better.
  • Yeah, you definitely need to pick and choose your Trek eps regardless of series.

lots of dross

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Through the wonder that is Netflix I'm working my way through Arrested Development, great cast and very funny off kilter comedy, my only problem is that it took me 20 episodes to realize the next episode bits at the end are fake and I shouldn't be skipping them, ffs.
    Things can only get better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!