The TV you like thread
  • I refuse to watch it on the basis that the original was some of the best British telly ever made (and was cruelly cut short with no third series). Really don't want to sully it's memory by watching some yank version
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I agree that the first series was one of the best British showed I’d watched at the time. The 2nd series didn’t grab me at all and only watched one episode. Can’t imagine the Amazon version being better.
  • Anyone watching High Score on Netflix? Video Game documentary so it's going over a lot of known ground but they've dug up some really interesting people and stories to keep it fresh. Only six parts (And I've only watched five) but it's very good.

Also Cobra Kai was amazing for the first two episodes. Zabka was great even if he now looks like the love child of Chris Tarrant and Jerome Flynn. Script and story are clever and there's enough nods to the film while keeping it fresh.

I particularly liked Zabka claiming the Crane was
    Spoiler:

and you get a different perspective on the original story
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • For reasons that escape me I seem to be watching Shitt's Creek.  Somehow I'm now on Series 3.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Really enjoyed both seasons of Cobra Kai. I'm sure someone here was banging on about it for ages when it was on YouTube, but who's going to bother paying for YouTube?
  • Unlikely wrote:
    For reasons that escape me I seem to be watching Shitt's Creek.  Somehow I'm now on Series 3.

Mrs Poprock has been talking about that since it won all the Emmy awards. Is it tolerable?
  • I'm watching Utopia. It's actually pretty good, albeit dumb like tv shows are dumb nowadays - some stupid thing happens to progress plot and DRAMA OMG WE NEED THAT WATER COOLER CHAT wait, shit. Still good though.

I enjoyed this
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Kow wrote:
    Really enjoyed both seasons of Cobra Kai. I'm sure someone here was banging on about it for ages when it was on YouTube, but who's going to bother paying for YouTube?

Gonz was banging on about it when it debuted on youtube aye, no one believes his TV show opinions though, took Netflix to spread it.

I really enjoyed the whole 2 seasons.
  • I thought utopia 1 was good but I wonder if it was a hollow victory. I wasn’t that into the revelations in utopia 2.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Kow wrote:

Gonz was banging on about it when it debuted on youtube aye, no one believes his TV show opinions though, took Netflix to spread it.

I really enjoyed the whole 2 seasons.

You have no idea how much this hurts
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I watched it for free and explained how to do that as well *flounces our*
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • poprock wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    For reasons that escape me I seem to be watching Shitt's Creek.  Somehow I'm now on Series 3.
    Mrs Poprock has been talking about that since it won all the Emmy awards. Is it tolerable?

It's strangely moreish but takes a while to get going. It's fluffy and fairly insubstantial but the cast are game (if you can get past the not-terribly-original characters) and it has managed to elicit quite a few genuine laughs from me along the way. 

Episodes are only 20 minutes each so it's easy to watch a few at a time.  For you I'd suggest it's worth giving it a shot purely for Moira and David's costume design.
  • Ta. I do like a show with short episodes.
  • poprock wrote:
    Ta. I do like a show with short episodes.

I got you covered pop.

343.png
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Too many episodes. Would there be a recap at the beginning of each one?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Actually, it was bad enough trying to watch the film over three days, there's no way I'd subject myself to that garbage for so long.
  • I made it as far as hearing he paints houses then I turned it off.
  • He missed out Episode: Apalling Fight Scene
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    First ep of Ratched done. Was it Kow who mentioned the music? He’s not fucking wrong. It’s relentless!
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm up to episode 6 now and I'd like to say it gets better, but actually it gets much, much worse. Apart from the offensiveness of putting a classic character in this drivel, the story is so full of pointless characters and arcs, and ridiculous decisions made by all and sundry that it's laughable. And not even in a funny way. It is shockingly awful.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Episode 7. Probably the stupidest shit tv I've ever seen. Insultingly awful. If Ken Kesey isn't secretly alive somewhere them he's spinning in his grave so fast that he might destabilise the whole planet. Everyone involved deserves a good kicking.
  • I watched one ep then realised I didn't have to watch any more so didn't.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm only watching it to... keep the peace.
  • Why not sleep during it?

Oh right, tuba of doom.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't get me fucking started.
  • Married at First Sight Australia season 4.
    On All 4, first season up is s4.

One of those reality TV shows that get it right and become incredibly bingeable.

I have laughed, cried, flipped out and been faux offended.
  • Latest Lovecraft Country then....
    Spoiler:
    Every great series has its dodgy episode, let's hope this was it.
  • It was episode seven, but it wasn’t an ‘episode seven’ if you know what I mean.

Yes, it was nuts. And having an episode so far out there right after a bottle episode that delved into Tic’s past seems an odd choice. But I thought it was pretty awesome - in the literal sense of the word.

There were some clunking moments.
    Spoiler:

But generally that was a hell of a ride.
    Spoiler:

My worry is how things tie back into the main narrative.
    Spoiler:
  • The Force Awakens wasn't that bad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!