Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's Ratched done. Absolute senseless drivel. Possibly the worst series I've ever sat through.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Have you seen Nightflyers?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No, you put me off. But I'm sure this is worse. Give it a try.
  • Having to pace myself with raised by wolves as ep10 isn't up for yarring just yet.

Its good. Ep8 down. Enjoying it. Dark as hell though.

Starting counterpart now. 2 seasons. Starz show. Meant to be good. Half way through first ep. Seems interesting.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, that caught me out too, I didn't realise it was a weekly thing and I've had a bit of a wait on for the last episode.

I've enjoyed it but there are some complaints.
    Spoiler:

I like the rest though. Even the kid actors do a decent job. The intro song is a banger too, same lass that did the song used in Fortitude.
  • Aye, I'm finding Raised by Wolves to be a bit of a hard watch.  A large part of this is due to I think the choice of colour grading?  I used to yawn at people slating Ozark because of its 'blueness', but jesus, RbW takes it to a new level of GREY. I mean I get it, they're stuck on an irradiated dustbowl of a planet where everywhere is kinda, um...grey, but it could sure do with a tonal shift right about now.  They can't get to that
    Spoiler:

As far as
    Spoiler:
    What I am wary of is, as you say, the pitfalls of it having Lost-like elements that are never fully explained and just vex the viewer, unnecessarily so.  
    Spoiler:

Yes, the open credits theme is absolutely stellar.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Just started Good Omens. Fuck knows why they decided to start with boring narration rather than just David Tennant.
  • I accidently grabbed a lofi version of ep 4 of RBW. Jesus, the grey is something else when it looks like a ps1 game. 

I never watched Vikings, but that guy is good. All the actors are good. Mother is freakin excellent. 

I assume there's a s2? Because otherwise, this is destined to be annoying. It's not Lost levels yet, but as folks say, there's enough going on, and it's not gonna be sorted in 2 eps without some dodgy montage or something.

Still, largely enjoyable. 

2 or 3 eps down in Counterpart now. Big recommend from me. Dark meets leftovers, kinda sorta. 

Could shit the bed, but all reviews seem to suggest it's a good tight 2 series.
  • (further to comps, just to be clear: it's different to dark, in that it's not quite leaning horror like that. It's not as much of an ensemble sitcho like leftovers or dark either. More spy thriller than anything, Tbh.)
  • Watched the new episodes of Criminal UK. I really like the format, the script, the performances. It's just that every episode hangs on some contrived plot revelation that arrives with no subtlety. There's always a 'why would he/she suddenly say that?' or a 'why weren't they already aware of that?' moment.
  • With Ara home so much the missus and i haven't had a chance to watch TV together too much. Certainly if it's more mature stuff. Finally managed a few more eps of The americans s2. It's so good.

I realise this is old news.
  • JonB wrote:
    Watched the new episodes of Criminal UK. I really like the format, the script, the performances. It's just that every episode hangs on some contrived plot revelation that arrives with no subtlety. There's always a 'why would he/she suddenly say that?' or a 'why weren't they already aware of that?' moment.

One of the reasons I’m glad it didn’t overstay its welcome. Four episodes and done. More than that and the ‘ta-da!’ template would get tired very quickly.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I used to yawn at people slating Ozark because of its 'blueness',

I switched to watching Ozark through the BoneX rather than via the TV app. and when Dolby Vision kicks in the picture is transformed.  It's gorgeous.
  • Counterpart is properly amazing. Ep 4 is on a wild ride.
  • Aye, that caught me out too, I didn't realise it was a weekly thing and I've had a bit of a wait on for the last episode. I've enjoyed it but there are some complaints.
    Spoiler:
    I like the rest though. Even the kid actors do a decent job. The intro song is a banger too, same lass that did the song used in Fortitude.

I was really enjoying this but its now committing the cardinal sin that a lot of shows do these days and that's drag things out too much to fill the season run.
    A shorter, punchier 7 or 8 episodes would suit it better.
    I also got massive Lost vibes from the past two episodes and I would agree the Vikings dude is the weaker storyline and plot.

The one thing that really does annoy me is these soap tech androids seem to have human level senses and are constantly being snuck up upon and losing the kids, drives me nuts.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just watched the Spitting Image trailer. It's too easy for them but even at that they are pushing it. They have the knives out - pity they weren't around at the Referendum.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I used to yawn at people slating Ozark because of its 'blueness',

I switched to watching Ozark through the BoneX rather than via the TV app. and when Dolby Vision kicks in the picture is transformed.  It's gorgeous.

Netflix on the xbox is far better than via my TV app too.
  • I find almost every app is better on Xbox. (Might be the same for PS4 but I dont have one).
    Spotify is the only one I have found that is a bit shit but then I just use my phone to cast to xbox for that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    BBC Four folks...

3183-D13-E-AB11-481-D-BE9-A-DD917-B47-DC89.jpg
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Finished Ratched.  I didn’t hate it in the end.  Might just watch S2 when it comes along.

*runs and hides from Kow*
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    BBC Four folks... 3183-D13-E-AB11-481-D-BE9-A-DD917-B47-DC89.jpg

One of the most calming things I've ever watched. If I channel surf and hit this I can't ever move on. :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Finished Ratched.  I didn’t hate it in the end.  Might just watch S2 when it comes along.

*runs and hides from Kow*

**shakes fist**

• davyK wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    BBC Four folks... 3183-D13-E-AB11-481-D-BE9-A-DD917-B47-DC89.jpg

One of the most calming things I've ever watched. If I channel surf and hit this I can't ever move on. :)

Yeh, but is it as good as How it’s Made?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Facebook have published a public rebuttal to Netflix’s The Social Dliemma film. This is definitely the behaviour of a sane, well adjusted and moral company. Oh yes.

https://about.fb.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/What-The-Social-Dilemma-Gets-Wrong.pdf
  • Has anyone been watching Harry Hills World of TV? It's fucking great, peak Harry. He analyses a different TV genre every week using archive footage and being Harry Hill to make it absolutely hilarious.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Keep meaning to watch but forgetting. Does sound like a great format.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Has anyone been watching Harry Hills World of TV? It's fucking great, peak Harry. He analyses a different TV genre every week using archive footage and being Harry Hill to make it absolutely hilarious.

Where and when? This sounds brilliant.
  • It's really good. He really commits to the repitition of tropes.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Has anyone been watching Harry Hills World of TV? It's fucking great, peak Harry. He analyses a different TV genre every week using archive footage and being Harry Hill to make it absolutely hilarious.

Where and when? This sounds brilliant.

BBC2.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!