The TV you like thread
  • poprock wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Caught up on the first four episodes of The Good Fight … Recommended.

Aye, I really enjoyed The Good Fight. Got to the end of the season and wanted more, which is a good sign.

I'm up to date on UK showings. Thought it was funny in the first episode with the name of the lawfirm being so long. Also took me a really long time to recognise the girl, the ones who's dad is in trouble:
    Spoiler:

But yeah it's good TV, just very well handled, shot and acted.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I’ve enjoyed watching a few shows recently that have been good solid drama without any genre trappings. Big Little lies, The Good Fight, Billions. All ace.
  • I_R wrote:
    I got half way through the second series of The Expanse. It's reasonably solid, but the characters are so flat that as soon as the initial mystery plot runs its course, there's nothing left. I simply didn't care what happened to any of them.

Good rule of thumb I reckon. Once the initial hook is revealed, I'll ditch it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I watched the first three episodes of The Expanse. It was watchable but I'm not really inclined to continue. The effects are ok and the premise is ok but it really suffers from lousy dialogue and a generally cheap feel to the acting and script.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pretty much agree with that. The space stuff is good quality but the space station stuff and the cop are guff. First season ends well if it's any consolation.
  • First season of the expanse is indeed good. Took me three goes at the first ep to get through it, though. The only character that ends up with any character is Amos, the one that looks like the Chief in Battlestar Galactica. Main dude is stupid and has a face I would love to slap.

Half way through season 2. Not in a rush to finish it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    First season of the expanse is indeed good. Took me three goes at the first ep to get through it, though. The only character that ends up with any character is Amos, the one that looks like the Chief in Battlestar Galactica. Main dude is stupid and has a face I would love to slap.

Half way through season 2. Not in a rush to finish it.

This. Started first ep of season 2 but couldn't get into it.
  • Farscape reruns are back on the telly, just watch those instead.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Missus had that Girlboss on Netflix playing. The show is made for her considering her job/interests, and I did buy her Sofia Amoruso's book of the same name. Aye, quite funny in places. Super cameos from the dean from Community.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I'm starting to see why The Expanse isn't doing so well, judging by you lot! Opinions are like onions, make me cry.
    Things can only get better.
  • I think I'd rather watch an episode of Dr Who then The Expanse again, that's how bad it is.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I think the world is good. Just needs some better characters to build story around. The characters seem to perform actions to move the story along and forget grudges or form unnecessary ones for plot.

UN politics lady is pure class, nearly forgot about her. Gorgeous costuming.

Sasa ke?
  • Better Call Saul continues to be top tier television. My only concern at this stage is
    Spoiler:
  • New season of Sense8 arrives May 5th, for those of us who like it.

I thought the Christmas special was an improvement on the original series, so I’m hoping that upward trend continues.
  • When does it arrive for those of us who didn't like it?
  • Same day, but you’re unlikely to give a toss.
  • Even by BCS standards, BCS is really fucking s l o w.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Better Call Saul continues to be top tier television. My only concern at this stage is
    Spoiler:
    I like those long, drawn-out plans and schemes they show him getting up to.
    Spoiler:
    It's good stuff anyway.
  • monkey wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Better Call Saul continues to be top tier television. My only concern at this stage is
    Spoiler:
    I like those long, drawn-out plans and schemes they show him getting up to.
    Spoiler:
    It's good stuff anyway.

Yeah I do like all those bits too. Don't get me wrong, it's still great, I just would like a bit more Saul.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Even by BCS standards, BCS is really fucking s l o w.

Mark.of a top show when it can be snails pace yet still captivating.
  • Me too, watching the latest tonight, highlight of week telly for this guy here.
  • I ditched it due it's snail like pace. Is he still fannying around in the big law firm office?
  • poprock wrote:
    New season of Sense8 arrives May 5th, for those of us who like it. I thought the Christmas special was an improvement on the original series, so I’m hoping that upward trend continues.

Woot. Didn't realise it was back on so soon.

And how come I didn't see anyone mention Robot Wars? Didn't realise that was back on until recently. Excellent stuff.

Watched Silicon Valley recently and it's great. Very geared up for binge viewing though, as each episode just continues off from the last, dangerous.
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • Season 3 has just started.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I really like Silicon Valley but it does follow a pattern of success, failure, success that makes the main storyline a bit repetitive. Luckily the rest carried it for me.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dan wrote:
    And how come I didn't see anyone mention Robot Wars? Didn't realise that was back on until recently. Excellent stuff.

It was mentioned, it was a great series. However (spoiler for the final):
    Spoiler:
  • Those smiley face robots were great in doctor who. Bill is still good.
  • I've just started Halt and Catch Fire.

So far so good.
  • It's great all three seasons different but still really compelling.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!