General VR and AR chinwag
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    For the folks who have PSVR , how's RIGS as a game and for motion sickness ?

I've gambled on me not getting motion sickness because I managed to get it for £20 on ebay

It has a lengthy tutorial which introduces the varying stages of movement gradually,  so you get a sense of how movement works then it gives you options like aiming with stick or head, having a bigger border and such like.

So, at first I hated it, but once tinkering with the options got a nice set up that caused me no bother at all.

Driveclub is the only thing I just cannot play, feel weird within seconds of that.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • I'd have tried the demo first. It's not too bad though.
  • isanbard wrote:
    n0face wrote:
    n0face wrote:
    Apparently revive already had touch support
    Have you tried the Budget Cuts demo yet?
    No, doesn't seem to available to download on steam.

This looks good to me?  You gotta get yer Budget Cuts on if you dun be Viving maaan. It's a reet giggle. Any word on when they're looking to release yet?

Thanks for putting me on to this, just had a go and it's great.
  • Kow wrote:
    Saw a Vive for sale in Game yesterday. All of the headsets are widely available here now but there's not one single place demoing any of them.

The lack of manned, ubiquitous Oculus/Vive demo stations/pods around the nations shoppings malls is such a missed opportunity in my view. I know that your average Saturday high street shopper isn't the target demographic right now seeing as the price of entry is still borderline absurd for most people (2 grand really, factoring in a base-spec PC and 3-4 games) but I'm assuming watching YouTube videos of people using Vive/Rift is not even close to experiencing "presence" which, if I'm not mistaken, is the entire USP of VR. How do you sell a new platform like this through videos on a 2D screen? You can't really, I don't think. Similar to trying to explain the wow factor of 4k TV at 65 inches when you're watching a YouTube review of said TV on an ipad.

I guess this may change after the first price drop. I know Game are demoing PSVR, but that's cheap compared to Rift/Vive. I know Oculus specifically stated that the vast majority of early adopters would be pretty hardcore enthusiasts.

I just want to have a go, badly. n0face has kindly offered a demo of his Vive and I can try Oculus at Currys I think.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • I was reading about this, apparently it's stunning. I'll be giving this ago tonight.

I installed the latest revive and had a go with a bunch of oculus stuff. The touch demo is pretty fun but my favourite by far is luckys tale, it works brilliantly.

Dirt rally is a good laugh although it made my mate feel really ill. Rattling round in a old mini put a big smile on my face.
  • djchump wrote:

HOLY fuck , that looks amazing

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    GOOD GOD!!

I'm flying under the Tyne Bridge tonight for sure!
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Shit!

It's Vive only :(

Guys - any idea if i can use this on the Rift?
  • Apparently it's coming to the rift, might be when touch is out in the wild.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Good ol' CrossVR of ReVive fame had it working on Rift within 8 hours of it dropping.. https://np.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5dcgts/how_to_remove_the_google_earth_vr_headset_check/

It is thought that they are looking to wait for Touch indeed to make it play nice with Rift but you can navigate now with some keyboard business and get the effects and some of the Tours apparently.
    I'll just wait till the Touch drops but it doe slook to be pretty fruity. Nice!
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I think Google Earth VR might be one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. The scale and perspective are amazing, I would recommend getting a chance to experience the intro as soon as possible.
  • I'm hearing good things about this.

• Saw that last week ( looks great ) , written by 1 person who quit college and it's sold over 18,000 copies on Steam and made over $400,000

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • My Vive owning mate is obsessed with Onward. He's in a team that plays every night and in tournaments. Says he couldn't go back to normal shooters now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finally had a chance to try VR out in Media Markt. Annoyingly they had a Rift and a Vive hooked up but the PCs they were connected to had crashed and nobody was bothering to sort them out. So it was only on Sony's PSVR. I only got to have a quick bash on Eve and some platformy thing with chickens in it, but the sense of immersion and place was immediate despite the downgrade in graphics. I could be interested if they actually make something decent for it (Resident Evil could be a killer app). Really though, my interest in Vive has shot up again.
  • The Vive is £100 off atm for black friday, I think you'd love Elite Dangerous in it Kow.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Has it been improved on Vive?
  • Not sure, haven't played/looked at it in a while, probably not but I never really had a problem with it and my GPU isn't even the minimum spec for Vive (so no supersampling). The text is fuzzy but readable to me.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I thought the Rift one was great but Vive was messed up? Thought they'd surely have sorted it by now. I'm getting tempted but really I want to hold out another year until I upgrade the pc maybe and perhaps there's even an upgrade of the Vive itself. And some games. Probably the thing that's tempting me most is that Google Earth thing.
  • My Vive mate said he was lost in Google Earth VR for hours the other night. Flying around like Superman, finding his old house etc... Said the sense of immersion was incredible. Though he was probably very stoned at the time so that probably helped. But still, stuff like that interests me way more than games.
  • Kow wrote:
    Has it been improved on Vive?

Seems to work fine for me, not sure if it's equivalent to rift but i have had none of the flickering textures or jaggies I've read about.
  • Kow wrote:
    I thought the Rift one was great but Vive was messed up? Thought they'd surely have sorted it by now. I'm getting tempted but really I want to hold out another year until I upgrade the pc maybe and perhaps there's even an upgrade of the Vive itself. And some games. Probably the thing that's tempting me most is that Google Earth thing.
    Yeah, the Vive doesn't display the text as good as the Rift but it didn't matter back when I played it as it was still readable. The way I see it the second gen version probably won't even be where it needs to be resolution-wise since there'll still be no GPU's to power it, unless they get FOV rendering and wireless etc built in but even then that's gotta increase the price significantly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I can't justify the expense right now. Too many other things demanding payment. It'll just have to wait.
  • I still can't get into ED on the Vive. The light smearing and the resolution isn't up to par. It can be amazing but very quickly something comes as long and looks awful. Supersampling helps.
  • Scout wrote:
    My Vive owning mate is obsessed with Onward. He's in a team that plays every night and in tournaments. Says he couldn't go back to normal shooters now.

Yeah, I know someone that plays a lot too. It certainly shows the potential of VR and considering it's made by one guy you'd think the big companies could pull their finger out of their arse and come up with something more polished. Nearly all e best stuff is being done by bedroom coders ffs.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Guess it's still too niche to pour hundreds of thousands of dollars into one game.
  • For anyone with PSVR , Bound is on sale for £6.49 and is supposed to be stunning in VR. I've bought in preparation for Xmas .

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!