Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    TBH I bought it for X-wing and am hoping for more in BF2, I haven't really looked at many of the other games. Don't even know what Farpoint is :-O

Thumper and Rex appeal more so than not in VR, but that's about all I've looked into at the mo. Drive club I know but will probably trade it as I heard it causes motion sickness.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh I did watch a video for Bridge Crew which looked fun.
  • Farpoint is a shooter. it used the Aim controller, and by all accounts is far better if you have it.

You won't need the Move controllers yet by the sounds of it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers mate.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So I'm in the VR club. Ordered a PSVR with camera, farpoint and Drive Club as they had a deal on amazon. Really got interested after watching a video about the X-wing mission in battlefront.  So, question is, do I need the Move controllers?  They seem pricey, but will buy if they improve the gameplay.

I have PSVR and already owned some Move controllers.  They definitely improve the experience in some games - off the top of my head, Batman, Rush of Blood,Tumble are all significantly better with the controllers.  Equally games like Farpoint are almost pointless without them.

On the other hand, my favourite games to date haven't needed them at all - Thumper, RE7, Statik, Polybius and, yes, Battlefront are fine without.  (Rez is debatable.) 

So, in other words, I wouldn't rush...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers Tin. Yeah, think I'm going to see how I get on with VR in general, am I susceptible to motion sickness? Does it look better than the cheap VR stuff I've tried on my phone (I'm sure it does)?
  • When it comes to motion sickness, it's worth saying that you can acclimatise a bit.  I get motion sickness incredibly easily, and struggled with pretty much everything but Thumper initially.  You do definitely get used to it though.  My one bit of advice when trying out your new kit, is that if you are getting a bit of VR sickness, stop for a bit.  It's really tempting to keep going because, New Toy, but (a) you'll feel worse and (b) the sensation can continue after you stop if you do it for too long.

Do short bursts and keep coming back, and you'll find you can manage longer and longer. I'm now usually happy for an hour or so, ehatever the game. (That said, others have no trouble at all, so hopefully you'll be one of them.)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers for the tip, I don't usually get motion sickness. The only thing I don't like is going backwards on a train, it messes with my head a bit, but driving, planes etc. I'm fine with.
  • Jeebus. Oculus Medium (through revive) is pretty impressive and I've only had 5 minutes in it. Going to get stuck into that for a bit I think.

I can't quite get the settings right on the headset though. Should the lenses be right up close to your eyes? Not quite sure what I'm doing with the inter-pupillary distance either. My eyes feel a bit funny afterwards so I'm sure it's not right. Need to get out the ruler I think. Complicating that is one of my eyes has always been a bit wonky. Not noticeably if you're looking at me but it always comes up at opticians. So I might always have a slight problem if you have to adjust the focal points uniformly.

Anyway, I've got a clear schedule for most of this week so can finally start diving into all this instead of just squeezing in a quick play with it here and there.
  • Have any PC users managed to do PSVR through remote play? It's possible apparently and I'd love to do the Star Wars thing and Rez.
  • You can measure your IPD by looking in a mirror and closing one eye and marking a dot where your pupil is then doing the same with the other eye. Then measure the difference between the two.

Your best off having the lenses as close as possible, if the fit feels weird try the other foam cushion.
  • Yeah I've measured up and brought the lenses closer and its better now. Robot Repair in The Lab is good. You don't do much but its such a good showcase for the difference VR brings.
  • I'm going to give Form a blast this week.

• What are the savings on that, asking for a friend.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well just had my first play at PSVR and have to say I'm impressed. Yes the resolution isn't great, but the sense of presence and scale is amazing. I've only played Drive Club VR and the Battle Front X-Wing mission but both really put you in the moment excellently. Have to say X-wing is just stunning, the detail in the cockpit and the feeling of vastness when flying through the fleet is really like a new gaming experience. It really is something else. I am feeling a little dizzy, but not too bad.

Let's hope Sony shift enough units for EA to create some bigger levels as that 15 minute demo is Star Wars nerd catnip.
  • My Deluxe audio strap is out for delivery. Happy coincidence that I'm having friends over today to play. I will report back later.
  • Vive deluxe audio strap, first impressions after a couple of hours play with some friends. Out of the box it doesn't feel like a £100 worth of kit. Fitting to the Vive took about 5 minutes and resizing to my head took seconds. It is much more comfortable, it keeps the sweet spot dead centre and is much easier to take on and off. The headphones are ok.

Overall pretty happy with the purchase.
  • Gorn is the best game.
  • monkey wrote:
    We're in business. Up and running.

Excellent. Use SteamVR Beta and spend another £100 on an audiostrap.
  • How's the new audiostrap Tom? Is it making a difference?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Booked in to the new Project I Can which opens in Shinjuku on July 14. Will get a shot of their officially licensed Mario Kart VR. Should be a hoot
  • How's the new audiostrap Tom? Is it making a difference?

It's a nice piece of kit, much easier to use and I can keep the sweet spot much easier. Barely had a chance to use it though and it's far too hot at the moment.
  • Sold. Although the missus won't be happy.
  • Subnautica on Steam sale. Trust me on this one, it's wonderful in VR.
  • Just bought myself Jeff Minter's Polybius.

I've only tested it without VR, and it looks suitably trippy already.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Just bought myself Jeff Minter's Polybius. I've only tested it without VR, and it looks suitably trippy already.

It's absolutely brilliant with VR.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!