Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Is that not effectively spotting? But just one at a time?
  • Not really no. It's a static marker. That either says something is generally over there (yellow) or something is definitely over there (red) because you hit RB exactly on the enemy.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'm not excusing it, I'd much rather have normal BF4 spotting btw.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I would rather have the traditional spotting too I think, but this is a decent compromise, and is a little more realistic at least.
  • Spotting is shit. This is more like hardcore mode and the added tension and suspense make it all the better for it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, I like this compromise I think. You can give a target indication, but it is a static one that doesn't update unless you update it, which is more realistic.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Glad I upgraded my gun because now it fires blanks. Romping and stomping in my first session the other night, now I can't buy a kill. Just a pure netcode lottery.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sounds like authentic Battlefield.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Servers are down now.
  • They were a little shaky earlier. 

I've not been quickmatching, I've been using the server browser and only going into UK servers. Lag can be a little dodgy if you go anywhere else it will be awful.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I couldn't even view the server list. No connection to EA at all.
  • So I said it all felt a little quiet sound wise, its a bug apparently.
    I thought it was odd that a smg was being fired at me in the same room and all I could hear was a popping noise.
  • I think I’m done with this. It’s a no from me, Brian.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Goobs would've hated me just then. I had the tank the entire round, using it to snipe. 
    22-0. 
    I did go and capture a couple of objectives, honest.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    No, that's what they're for. There just isn't enough of them.
  • Taking them into town is a deathtrap.
    They are so slow infantry can run rings around you.
    One guy jumped on top of my tank and started teabagging it. He didn't realise that the coaxial machine gun could hit him. So I wore his dead body like a grim totem as I drove about town.
  • Gremill wrote:
    I think I’m done with this. It’s a no from me, Brian.

Cool to a bit warmer and back to cool again. It's a mayber-eventual chalice (R.I.P. grumpy one) buy from me, unless the Criterion developed 'Firestorm' mode is phenomenal.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah that's a good point, looking forward to seeing how that plays.
  • The beta really makes me think they've designed the whole game around that mode. The ammo and health scavenging, taking away spotting, character customisation, the quick TTK, the animation for most actions and the building barriers all seem like way too big a change for the normal game.
  • Oh well, looks like I'm the only one who cared but the beta is now over. 
    I quite enjoyed that, gunplay is spot on, hardcore mode by default not so spot on, but it was good. 

Knowing DICE I suspect thereto be major changes down the line and I think they are doing more server side this time around so can change map bits and pieces without a huge game update. 

I'm in day one, fun can be found by changing up your toolsets, depending on your mood, something I just couldn't seem to do with BF1.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    ...the beta is now over.

OH FOR FUCK SAKE!

Come with g if you want to live...
  • You didn’t miss much, it was poor.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I wish I was g.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Oh well, looks like I'm the only one who cared but the beta is now over. 
    I quite enjoyed that, gunplay is spot on, hardcore mode by default not so spot on, but it was good. 

Knowing DICE I suspect thereto be major changes down the line and I think they are doing more server side this time around so can change map bits and pieces without a huge game update. 

I'm in day one, fun can be found by changing up your toolsets, depending on your mood, something I just couldn't seem to do with BF1.

Bolloks, was gonna be on it tonight. I enjoyed it. Said it before I loved the no spotting and the panic when you knew the enemy was in the flag zone. Gunplay felt pretty tight for me and the maps were great. Shall see how the BR mode compares to CODs but definitely an improvement on BF 1 which was just a mass brawl.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think I might give this a go. I suppose it depends on what else is out though as to when I get it. Forza Horizon 4 and Red Dead 2 will be in the queue ahead of it.
  • Obviously I managed to miss the entire Beta, but between all your comments in here, and a bunch of vids on YouTube by commentators whose opinions I value, looks like the beta got a pretty much universal pasting.
    Anyhoo, change is allegedly coming, and there should also be another Beta before the official launch.
    Here's some of the stuff they claim to be working on...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The YouTubers hated it.
    And they've been getting a bit of a pasteing on Reddit for it. 
    The Reddit and forums seem a bit marmite and 50/50. 

Like I said earlier the YouTubers just want to lone wolf, backdoor squads, be invisible and have infinite ammo and regenerating health.
    You NEVER EVER see them going medic or support and throwing medpacks and ammo down, or reviving teammates.
    And as such in a team based objective game I refuse to listen to them.

I suspect most people on here will hate it as well, its essentially hardcore mode from BF3/4, and I will admit I initially thought I was going to hate the death from nowhere aspect of it when I started playing but after giving it a few hours I really, really enjoyed it.
    I did have to completely change how I played and what my expectations were in terms of being able to rinse a squad solo. But what I did notice is a for the most part people tended to stick together as going out alone was essentially suicide.
    A Badger team with comms and complimentary loadouts would do very well in this.

A few tweaks to spotting, like being able to spot but for your squad only for instance, or even just having a shotgun or SMG available for the recon class, coupled with their flare gun could make a decent squad lethal.

Besides all the talk of it being broken or trash is just hyperbole, the future changes listed in several videos I've watched tonight are very, very minor and consist mainly of adding an extra mag or starting with a medpack. Things that will impact playstyle but are not fundamental to the core gameplay itself.
    Anyway, this is what a beta is for after all.

I'm hearing a lot of people hating on the gun upgrade tree/system.
    I seriously do not get the complaints, they say there are no drawbacks in the tree system but they are missing the fact that you choose long range accuracy over hip fire, or hip fire over mag size, is that not a drawback? It's not as if your gun becomes a high fire rate, sniping laser with amazing hip fire and no recoil.
    Another complaint is that new players will be at a disadvantage to older players that have the upgrades applied.
    Was that not already the case in every fps?!
    Older players had laser sights with steady aim grips and Magnum ammo and infrared scopes when new players have a bare ass M16 with iron sights and a grind or lucky random loot box ahead of them.
    Or am I completely misremembering BF4 that I only played two weeks ago?... And BF3... And Bad Company... And COD?
  • Panty gets it. This shit just got hard core and now it's war. You got a squad with comms then you good. Games raw, no holding your hand here.
  • The weapon unlocks in BF4 had downsides. You'd increase aimed accuracy, but decrease hipfire accuracy, that sort of thing. The first LMG in BF1 is probably the best, although that's not the case for every type of weapon. Some of the DLC guns get much better ammo capacity.

The real change in BFV is that the upgrades drastically and obviously improve the guns. They start with sim style recoil and can be upgraded to laser accurate arcade blasters. I'm sure they'll be selling upgrade shortcuts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!