The Battlefield Thread
  • Oh, weapon grinding for scopes etc.. will be a thing. 
    The good thing is the starting guns are all very good and they start with their perks unlocked so they are competitive straight out of the box. I've been jumping from class to class and gun to gun depending on the situation so I'm not grinding any one particularly weapon but so far I've unlocked nothing for them, only common green skins. When the scopes and sights turn up I have no idea.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Got to say tho that the headless chicken problem with conquest seems to not be in the other modes. I played a lot of Breakthrough today and people were staying at the objectives and disarming etc..
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Tried it before and thought it played quite nice. Shame the 63 other players were all snipers and nobody was bothering with objectives.

• When is this actually released?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Now, next week and the the week after.

Srsly
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blimey.

I suppose a staggered release gives them a chance to work on servers etc. so we shouldn't have a Battlefield 3 style clusterfuck. But we probably will.

Still out until after we know what's going on with their Battle Royale mode, January isn't it?

Cheers for the updates though Panto.
  • I think Battle Royal isn't till March 2019 now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Double blimey.
  • Yup March.
  • Thought this was a pretty measured review. Guy is sponsored, but seems pretty legit with his crit.

• I'm in but I'm totally aware that it's a bit light on content, at release at least, ok it's only one or two maps short of other BFs but there's so much 'after release' content coming it's obviously been way behind schedule.
    After the beta they promised and have delivered on so many gameplay changes I'm amazed they've managed to turn them around so quickly.
    But it shoots so well and it's been so long since I've played BF I don't care.
  • Watching the video. 
    He's wrong on:
    Gunplay - I think they've altered the assault a little, made then slightly less accurate at distance BUT we were all using the STG44 in the beta, I've not come across that gun in the game yet, most people don't have it unlocked. So he's possibly comparing apples to oranges - I think the version he played had everything unlocked tho.

SMG - have not been changed as far as I can tell, they are surprisingly accurate at mid range. They are beasts up close. He's talking out his arse that he can't kill with them.

TTD is fast, it's DICE, its always bullshit, we've played endless BF games were we drop dead 5 steps behind cover, nothing is new there - its the internet, it's what happens.

You can bust Windows with melee, I did it a lot on Friday.

You can buy COSMETIC only items with money, its just not at launch.

He does have valid point about it seems like your not getting the full game at release - I mentioned that above.

The game, as it is right now, is in a way better state than BF4 was on release. There's a few odd little glitches etc... Nothing that ruins your experience.

• Looks promising to me.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Anyone still play Battlefield 1? It's this month's Gold freebie. When I've polished off the campaign it'll be nice to try some multiplayer before I uninstall it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    So I've just been on EA's Origin platform. I see we have a new gimmick coming in the pipelines... Pay a monthly subscription and get games well in advance of their scheduled release. So if I pay 100 Euro I can play BF V now. 

Can't say I am surprised to see something like this, only a matter of time before Activision and Ubisoft follow suit I assume. Another arm-twist we've to put up with along side season passes, dlc paywalls and whateverthefuck else.
  • These guys are dull as fuck, but the first few minutes of this details the idiotic staggered launch.

• g.man wrote:
    That's not bad compared to the Battlefield youtubers. It's not even shilling, they've got a vested interest in the game not bombing.

The teamwork stuff is still a big doubt, I'm not seeing much that'll make players more likely to do it (some of it is actually more difficult), they've just made it more important. Not the same thing.
  • Aye, there's no doubt there's a fucktonne of shilling going on in general, but reading between the lines, I'm still liking a lot of what I see. If I can just work out when I can actually buy the fucking game, then I'm in.
  • My advice in general would be to wait till spring and see if the content is worth it for you. 
    Because it definitely feels 'light' on content. 
    Or...
    If you skipped BF1, miss BF, want a good FPS that isn't COD and you have a little faith that it will get more content then jump in now, it plays extremely well. And fundamentally for a FPS its how it plays that is important. 

I'm getting a bit sick of hearing reference to the beta being awful. I loved the beta, they only changes I can determine are you start with a medpack now and you start with one more magazine of ammo (DICE have pretty much stuck to their guns and kept their initial design approach).
    If that kind of fine tuning is the difference between awful (hyperbole?) and good then fuck me I'm sick of the vox pop.
  • Theories floating about that DICE have balanced Conquest by making flag capping quicker for the losers towards the end of the game. I'd wondered about this in the beta, I had a few strangely close games. Yikes if true.

• Hmmmmm. Interesting, but hard to quantify.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Iain, I've been saying that for years. They've been trying to eliminate one sided batterings to try to keep everyone happy. We used to dish them out (or occasionally receive one) all the time on Bad Company 2, then Battlefield 3 comes out and you'd start off with a familiar "We're murdering these here" feeling only to spend the entire second half of the match unable to get a kill, bullets bouncing off the players you had no trouble downing before, ending in an artificially narrow win either way. It's always felt fishy.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They should decide the win by the amount of microtransactions on either side. Bullets etc are just cosmetic.
  • There's also been times were we've been holding the majority and the tickets have barely moved.
    In BF4. Fuck BF1.
  • To be fair tho, the rest of the world needed all the help they could get against us in BF4. A full and coordinated squad with a decent plan in Battlefield can generally steamroll the rabble.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    There's also been times were we've been holding the majority and the tickets have barely moved. In BF4. Fuck BF1.

Is this why in a recent game of BF1 my team were winning handily despite holding the minority of flags?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!