The Battlefield Thread
  • All of the battlefields have played had bad season pass maps. Out of 8 one would be good and a couple you didn't mind playing on.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I think I've appreciated the BF1 DLC maps more than previous ones, but only because they've made more of an effort to keep them alive. Mixed rotation servers and giving them away a lot has kept them going. The four map rotation on previous games was incredibly hard work, especially if a couple of them were a bit dodgy.
  • Well that's my first weekend with Battlefield V.
    You have to hand it to EA, to release a BF game that's actually more broken than BF4 was at launch is quite something.
    I'm having to quit to dash after every round and reboot the entire game, because after every round, the game just hangs up, and nothing but a reset will sort it (official forums are awash with this complaint btw, it's not just me and my shit network).
    Nobody knows what the problem is. Me? I suspect that EA might be gimping retail copies until the official launch on Tuesday. Time will tell on that.

The TTD (time to die) in this one is the biggest problem I'm encountering so far. It's almost like one shot kills ffs! Needs adjusting. Netcode is the usual BF dumpster fire. One minute you're kicking ass and taking names, then the next minute you can't buy a kill and might as well be swinging your gun around like a cricket bat.

and yet...

I'm having an absolute ball!
    Once you're in the thick of it, there's still nothing else quite like Battlefield.
    Had an amazing match on the map with the fallen bridge earlier. About a dozen of us stormed the bridge and slowly ground our way to the centre flag through utter chaos. Everyone healing each other and dishing out ammo as we went, slowly inching across the bridge to the objective. Eventually we take the flag, then set about building a ridiculous fortress of sandbags across the middle of the bridge to stall the enemy. When it goes like that, there's just still nothing better in gaming (in the genre anyhoo).

Still playing as Medic. I'm a Sergeant now. Sadly the only guns the medic gets are pony, and the starting Sten seems to be the only logical choice for that class, but I'm having a great time trying to lead by example with the randoms and heal every motherfucker on the battlefield. Hopefully the concept rubs off on a few.

Some of the maps are just absolute classics, and as usual, some of them are absolute pony (I mean you Snowy Mountaintop Map!), but there's enough goodness here to build on.

So there you go. It's Battlefield. It's the usual shambles. And yet, it's still absolutely awesome.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • That mountain map is basically Op Lockers from BF4, its shite. 
    Twister Steel is the bridge one, it's great. 
    I played a Frontlines or something game mode on it, it was brilliant, fighting back and forth around the map and bridge. 
    Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow.
  • Game is great. Looks and plays awesome.
  • Once I can get it to work properly I'll happily jump on with you mate. It's just a bit pointless doing anything other than solo for me at the mo when I have to reboot the bloody thing after every round.
  • g.man wrote:
    Once I can get it to work properly I'll happily jump on with you mate. It's just a bit pointless doing anything other than solo for me at the mo when I have to reboot the bloody thing after every round.

I was trying to join your games last night without any success.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Ah! Apparently you can't join friends if they're in a full squad. Have to squad up prior to going in.
  • There's something about it locking squads as well. 
    As for your in-between game issue, it might be server based as it went from game to game perfectly for me last week.
  • Yeah, I suspect it's some sort of server fuckery. It's all over the official forums.
  • I'll be interested to see if it magically cures itself on Tuesday.
  • Narrator: It does not.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tuesday, November 2020 he means.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The answer is still it does not.
  • Didn't turn up early. 
    Shopto not doing the dirty like they used to.
  • And it's not turned up today either. FFS.
  • Oooof!
  • I'm the one person on here that's actually been wanting to play it as well.
  • I must admit, I'm actually quite enjoying the trial now. It'll be a wrench when it ends.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I'm the one person on here that's actually been wanting to play it as well.

Nope!
  • Gone digital as sharing. The tanks in this are so well realised, meaty and menacing.
  • It's the feeling of opening up with an SMG, rattling away through an ammo belt - very satisfying. It captures the feel of the guns quite well.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I had no idea you served in WW2 Grem.
  • Gone digital as sharing. The tanks in this are so well realised, meaty and menacing.
    I like them, the weight, how cumbersome they are etc...
    People were complaining in the beta but I thought they captured the era's tech perfectly.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I had no idea you served in WW2 Grem.

Shhh. I've managed to hide from the Hague all these years, don't blow it for me now.
  • At last.
  • Love it. 
    And they've finally done what I wanted them to do for years. 
    Removed the focus on KDR from the round end screens. 
    I haven even seen it.
  • It's about six clicks along on the shoulder buttons.
  • ...and yes, I agree that's a good thing.
  • Brilliant. So it's there if you want it but not front and centre for everyone to see. 
    Exactly what I said they should do years ago.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!