Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    IIRC you don't see your K/D ratio in the post-match stuff in BF1, either. Front and centre is your score, and the second tab is highlights (most flag caps, most heals, etc).
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • @panty Yup. Scoreboard is basically the final screen you can possibly cycle to. They should have done it years ago.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    People will still care about K/D, they certainly don't care about objectives!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    They seem to go for the objective in BF1 if I'm the squad leader and use the order system. Otherwise it can be the aforementioned horde of headless chickens.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yup. This is true of BFV a lot of the time so far. You have to have a squad leader issuing clear commands on a regular basis though. There will always be muppets, but the attrition system helps encourage squads to work together.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    People will still care about K/D, they certainly don't care about objectives!
    And a great many of those will have been the 10hr trial'ers with zero investment in the game.

• Basically you frantic.

Handy hint, if you want to be the squad leader then use the Como rose to ask (rose, straight down) the current leader for a order, if he doesn't give one within a set time (60 secs I think) you become the squad leader. And get access to that lubbly rocket perk.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    They seem to go for the objective in BF1 if I'm the squad leader and use the order system. Otherwise it can be the aforementioned horde of headless chickens.
    g.man wrote:
    Yup. This is true of BFV a lot of the time so far. You have to have a squad leader issuing clear commands on a regular basis though. There will always be muppets, but the attrition system helps encourage squads to work together.

I'm really enjoying the way you get points for shit like dropping ammo crates as a Support, doing revives when a Medic, etc. It means means I generally get top 1/3 of my team, regardless of my shit KD. The order system means I've (just) won more games than I've lost, because I can make sure we're actually playing the objective rather than running around in the wilderness trying to get 'sik no scopez'. I think it helps that you get XP for completing orders, otherwise the randos wouldn't bother, and would keep trying to get clips for their latest montage.

I'm not looking forward to getting my Scout up to rank 2, though, for the achievement. I'm really good at shooting near people. I tell myself I'm providing supressive fire...
  • One thing they've really nailed in BFV is the revive animation when you're down. I play as a medic. My K/D is bollocks with this class (all the medic guns are bobbins), but I can support like a motherfucker. Spend my games spamming health to my team and going for highly risky revives. This means I die a lot. The feeling of lying there bleeding out while everyone around you ignores you is rage inducing. You watch the timer tick down to death, and then every now and then, just as as you're about to die, THAT animation kicks in, some random saves you, and you could literally just hug them because it gives you that glimmer of hope that not everyone in the world is an asshole.
    I think it's quite cleverly done, and I'd guess it's actually another clever design decision, because if the reaction I have to it is anything to go by, it should hopefully help to encourage other players to heal their team.
    They've got ways to go with BFV, but at least they've sat down and tried to design in answers to a lot of the long term problems the franchise has.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The Fall of Europe? Ironic name for the expansion, given the current political climate. ;)
  • Gonna give the PC trial of this a go in a bit to see if I like it, if anyone is about and plays on that platform then give me a shout.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Any Xbox peeps around tonight or tomorrow for a go? Feel I should give it a try in a squad. Still got 8 hours of the trial left.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Any Xbox peeps around tonight or tomorrow for a go? Feel I should give it a try in a squad. Still got 8 hours of the trial left.

How does one obtain the trial?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    EA Access sub
  • I'm free tomorrow night.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    EA Access sub

Ah. Then I'm out.
  • Only a quick hour last night and loved it. The bridge level looks amazing and is quite varied , tried the Norway mountain level - reminded me of parts of the Hoth in Battefront 1, it was ok but I kept going around in circles
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Gotta give them credit, that mountain map is actually worse then Hoth. No idea how they managed that.
  • It's certainly a strong candidate for worst ever BF map.
  • It's the worst one but i tend to fly on it. Swooping in and out of the mountain ranges dogfighting is very cinematic.
  • Absolutely loving this, been playing all day. Mostly in the fighters, I managed to max out a spitfire and a 109 with explosive shells and rockets and it's bloody good fun.
    It's the little things that happen that make you feel you are in a scene from Private Ryan, it's great.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You're sure it's BF V you've been playing?
  • I'd play it more often...but it's still broken for me. 
    It's had the game hanging bug of death since launch now. The forums are covered in posts about it, and no-one from the company has even acknowledged it's existence yet. There's going to be blue murder if it isn't fixed in the big December 4th patch.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hmm. Was gonna ask if you fancied a bash tonight. Still want to try it with a teammate.
  • I'd love to, but until it gets patched, I've literally got to reboot the entire game after every round, which quickly becomes an exercise in frustration. The big patch is on the 4th, if I were you I'd save your trial until after that drops.
  • Any PC badgers on this?
  • Gotta say I’m not a Battlefield aficionado , played everyone and enjoyed most but I love this and I’ve only played solo.

Not had any bugs or many kills where I was sure I should’ve killed them first. It’s a bit poor it’s lacking in content but it’s got so much potential and on the X in 4K is gorgeous.

Regarding maps, there’s only 1 shit map and that’s the mountain top roundabout. Not played Rotterdam yet and only played Narvik twice but really like Arras, Broken Steel and the destroyed city map, only played Hamada and Airbase once each.

I saw a YouTube video mentioning co-op to be added, anyone know anything about it?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'm actually liking Fjell now - the mountaintop one. It's great for leveling up the planes at least. 

Hamada is the one that's seeing me groan when it pops up, there's just too much open space for you to be able to get anywhere without some dick hiding behind a rock shipping you with an lmg. It needs way more armour it to make it fun.

I love Devastation which is not my normal type of map, but I've had a great time on it today with the double barreled shotgun that has a rifle barrel as well for long distance 1 shot headshots, im actually more accurate with that than I am the sniper rifles.

I've had a few cheeky kill streaks and knife kids, I've been meaning to do a xbox DVR supercut. But there's nothing hugely impressive it's just so atmospheric and cinematic.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!