Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just had three matches. Well, I say three. I turned it off halfway through match 3. I'm afraid all I took away was 'janky, unfinished shite'.

The sooner they get away from this floaty feeling identikit shite the better. This, BF1 and the Battlefront games all feel like the exact same game but with different skins.

BF is dead.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    What's wrong with BF1? I got it free with Gold and I've become a wee bit addicted to it. It's the only BF I've played for more than a handful of minutes, to be fair, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what's "wrong" with it compared to the other titles.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • If you haven't played any of the other BFs, then it would practically take a dissertation to explain why it's the worst BF (even Hardline was better, and it was a pile of shite), but suffice to say BF1 is by far and away the absolute low point in the series.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Interesting.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Just had three matches. Well, I say three. I turned it off halfway through match 3. I'm afraid all I took away was 'janky, unfinished shite'. The sooner they get away from this floaty feeling identikit shite the better. This, BF1 and the Battlefront games all feel like the exact same game but with different skins. BF is dead.
    FAKE NEWS!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    If you haven't played any of the other BFs, then it would practically take a dissertation to explain why it's the worst BF (even Hardline was better, and it was a pile of shite), but suffice to say BF1 is by far and away the absolute low point in the series.

I've played pretty much every BF ever and BF1 is pretty good. It suffers from the same thing as every other BF - camping cunts, sniper cunts, shit lag, unbalanced teams, unkillable bastards, some rancid maps etc. But it's as good or better than many others in the series. I probably put the bones of a hundred hours into it. The season pass is a total waste of money and I'm sure the same will be true for the new one. Don't buy it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That's my biggest complaint so far, the unkillable gits. I've unloaded half a clip of machine gun rounds into a bloke on a horse, and they saunter over to me and chop my head off. WTF. There's a reason the cavalry charge stopped being in a thing in 1914, FFS. Similar shit happened in the campaign - why is a bloke who's wearing armour on his head and chest still invulnerable to small arms fire on his shins?
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    What's wrong with BF1? I got it free with Gold and I've become a wee bit addicted to it. It's the only BF I've played for more than a handful of minutes, to be fair, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what's "wrong" with it compared to the other titles.

It has its issues, like any BF game, but I don't get the hate it gets here. I wasn't keen on it at first but then something clicked and I have spent a fair amount of really enjoyable time playing it.

This new one, the jury is still out. It feel better than the beta, but it's still not as good as BF1.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • LIES!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Kiss kiss kiss...
  • g.man wrote:
    LIES!

It's significantly better than the beta, which has put it back on my to buy list. There's also every chance that it's suffering from the early days syndrome that all BF games have for me - there will come a point where it clicks and I become decent at it, but it's not that enjoyable at the moment.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This is dirge tier.

NOT LIES!
  • FAKE NEWS!
  • I've been playing all day and I'm having a ball!
    Are there issues? Yes. It's a Battlefield launch, so there are always technical issues, but I'm having great fun with this one, and I can see the potential.
  • It's not bad
  • In fact it's really rather good :)
  • I'm not sure what's going on. There's either something gone wrong with Franny or G. 
    I can't decide which. 

Said it before, but in a game like this most of the feel is in the gunplay and it feels great.
    My KDR was terrible in the trial but I didn't care. If I missed or fucked up it was because i wasn't good enough.  
    For me, to be a true great BF it needs a couple more gadgets, but in truth I don't see how they can add any more, it wasn't a technological war, well not in a individual soldier sense.

My only other concern is this lack of season pass. It will need regular injections of new maps, guns and factions to keep it interesting, whether EA will commit to this without loads of premium pass money up front remains to be seen. What they've outlined so far is a bit scant, way less than previous season pass promises and not very encouraging tbh.

Still, i think it's worth £40 so, wotevs.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'm with Franny, he's never wrong when it comes to games... if you don't count Brink, Payday 2, Vermintide, Blood Bowl 2... erm, anyway sounds like they might have it sorted by the time it gets onto EA Access.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It feels floaty, like the other recent BF games. The team play is less than non existent. You may as well be playing team death match, and then a dice gets rolled to determine the winner at the end. The guns feel shit, the snow map is one of the worst maps ever designed in the history of FPS's. It's glitchy as all hell. Waiting for a revive and you fall below the map virtually every single time.

I honestly think its way worse than BF1, which is quite the achievement.
  • Battlefront 2 is probably the closest thing to compare to if trying to predict content in the future for this.
    With Front they have added various maps and hero characters for free over time. I wouldn't say as regularly as other games with the normal season pass type thing but they have continued to support it. A year on, to the day, they have just added General Grievous with Dooku and Kenobi coming soon.
    I believe they would have added much more if the lootcrates remained.

So yeah, expect content but not at the level of regularity or volume as previous games.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nowt up with Blood Bowl. Or Vermintide for that matter.
  • LIES!
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    LIES!

LIES!
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Nowt up with Blood Bowl. Or Vermintide for that matter.

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • BF1 probably has the best netcode in the entire series. Decent tick rate and no advantage to out of region players, if anything it's them who struggle. 

It does have problems with a lot of pretty poor map design, over complicated gun play, a horrible player population and all round bad vehicle play.

It's just a series that doesn't feel that great any more, it lives a bit too much off past glories and always needs a lot of dev tinkering to get the game working reasonably. DICE are a decent developer, but not a great one basically.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A few of the maps on BF1, particularly later ones, are really awful. Like somebody designed them based on how nice looking they might be but gave no thought to how they might play. I didn't realise there was no season pass on the new one, which can only be a good thing. The maps with most thought and population will be the first ones.
  • There's a big problem with a lot of the maps being designed for Operations rather than Conquest as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!