Of dreams and night terrors and all such things.
  • Lance Armstrong was a winner for quite a while....
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Surely a model example of karma.

Gains fame and fortune by cheating, gets cancer. Karma.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I cannot recall the specifics, but words are always exchanged prior to commencing fisticuffs.

Easy! Easy! Easy!

And then Pez enters in a green leotard.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Don't have World of Sport nightmares, do sleep well.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm convinced that your dreams have a big impact on your mood for the day, particularly when you don't actively remember them. All this waking up on the wrong side of the bed stuff is just the remnants of some shitty dream lingering in your brain.
  • Kow wrote:
    I'm convinced that your dreams have a big impact on your mood for the day, particularly when you don't actively remember them. All this waking up on the wrong side of the bed stuff is just the remnants of some shitty dream lingering in your brain.

In some cases this could be true but often the bad dream could be a symptom rather than a cause. Like if you have a bad stomach ache in the night you'll have shitty dreams and wake up feeling tired and generally crappy. It can seem like the dream caused the mood but its sort of the other way around.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    What know you of dreams, you're just an overpriced bath.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Mutant zombie outbreak of cats.
    they dont run when I bark.
    They dont run when I bark.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Got a dream world I've spent the odd few months in. It involves a large Victoria terraced house. Other people are there. I think I got there from a chap in another dream world. Who I think was my ego. Some kind of measure by my subconscious preventing me from lucid dreaming I think. If I remember it before sleep I should be able to make it a lucid environment. Presently I don't remember much about, people or what I do there. 

Sounds impossible.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Wut?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm in a garage behind a country retreat meeting krs, but she won't tell me where she's from. I guess Latvia and she tells me I'm close, but then I can't remember any of the other countries in that region.

Poland?

No.

Her gangster husband arrives home, shouting; which is my fault for using ITV dramas as a point of reference. I see a phone on a table by the rear window and want to call Skerret, but I realise I don't have his number. I wish he was here to take my place on the foot-shredding flowerbed.

I hear Hub storming through doors, but he doesn't know I'm here, so I Ross Kemp it out the back.

I'm in a massive garden and don't know where to run, so I head for the hedges. I emerge near the end of a narrow path. Reg is working as a gardener, with big flapping gloves and an old wheelbarrow. A henchman threatens to beat him because he's taking too long with his pruning.

I'm glad I woke up at this point.

[addendum]

So as not to creep you more than needs don't, krs, you didn't actually have a face. Howard Moonish.

Skerret did, but no body. His was floating in a 1980s sci-fi vortex.

Reg had it all.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    mechanicals.jpg
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Had a dream where Martin, Joe and Gav were encouraging me to down a Zombie one night, a year back. Coincidently I had been out on the lash and essentially these three forumites scared me in my sleep so much I woke up and realised I needed to puke. 

Washer chore avoided. Ta you ubiquitous Scotch anti-vomit alerters.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    @Skez

Pretty much, but with colourful '70s fashion around the edges.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Only really of interest to me, but, like, so what, yeeeah?

I meet a Canadian man astride a small, electric-powered sit-on kiddies' car. So naturally I challenge him to a race between his (allegedly tuned) car and my sprint.

I'm off to a poor start - legs heavy and weak, but begin to reel him in... then his wee car - driver knees akimbo - hits its power band and zooms away from me.

I catch up to his parked car after the finish, and he tells me that the mall we're in (wow, I didn't realise we were in a mall!) has video cameras to record track performance.

He takes me to the footage and we watch it back. My form's pretty good off the blocks, albeit lacking snap in the thighs, but suddenly I see that I'm carrying my right shoulder way up in the air, and it's barely moving.

'Like, hey', says the friendly Canadian. 'I know a great masseuse in the mall you could see.' Off we go, then.

And she's a hot blonde Canadian, obviously; 'bout 30. She asks me to take my top off. This is more like it, Dream! And we're chatting a bit when she mentions my teeth. My teeth could use vitamins (vidamins). 'Vitamins? You'd only get that in London back home, if anywhere', I reply.

I'm in London. 'Huh, what, no?! My massaaage!'

Two policemen are standing in front of me on the edge of the Thames. They're in it up to their waders, trying to TASER a pair of leaping, mischief-making dolphins. One of the dolphins leaps, performs a somersault, and whacks one of the coppers on his helmet upon landing. But before the cops can grab him, he's off again! They're taking the piss! The cops are all flustered and angry at seeing the growing audience. They're flapping and blaming each other. Oh, dear.

I turn to my right to see who's around and Arthur Daley's right there beside me. He wants me to 'Terry' the dolphins upriver somehow, so that we can charge tourists for a viewing. At this point the dolphins begin leaping higher and higher, scaring everyone as they edge closer to landing on the embankment. Knowing Arthur won't give me much for my efforts, I decide against corralling and move behind a billboard to cover from a skewering. I wake up.

Ian Brown has my sympathy.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Meh.
  • I get the lucid dreams more frequently when I'm a bit stressed about something. They're great though, obviously. Sadly in order to sustain one I have to not do anything too crazy or become too aware that it's just a dream. That might only make sense to me.

Over the past year or so I've been having this weird, half-awake, half-dreaming, nightmare thing. I have it every couple of weeks. It's like I partially wake up feeling like i'm overdosing on something. I can move around on my bed and try to snap myself out of it, but it's incredibly hard as my vision, perception, and sense of balance is just spinning around and totally out of control. Fortunately it never lasts long.
  • Crazy dream last night.

The dream starts and I am walking towards a modern looking building, everything is very white and clinical. There are other people walking in with me who I recognize as work mates (some from real life, others not), we all scan in through the front door, head up some stairs and into a main hall.

The hall is triangular in shape, raised above the longest wall is a gantry and opposite a windowed booth, like a commentary box. The room is totally white other than a light grey floor and dark grey railings along the gantry. Set up in the middle are rows of collapsible tables, I get ushered towards my table and told the people around it are my team.

On the table are some papers, pens and a few bowls of mostly eaten sweets. I help myself to the last sweet "Nice one you lost us 2 points" shreiks one of my teams mates "what?" I reply. As I respond an announcement comes across the tannoy "welcome your quiz master". A guy climbs into the booth, "I am your quiz master, please fill out the papers, we will start shortly". It is at this point I realise I am in some form of Logan's Run, where the stipulation for living is the ability to score highly on wacky pub quizzes.

"2 points, you lost us 2 points, read question 1" shrieks this woman and roughly hands me the quiz sheet.
    Q1. Share, gobble or leave the sweets for 1 point. Reads the quiz sheet.

"That would only be 1 point anyway" I respond, plus we shared them so we got the point.
    She responds by saying "No 2 points, you gobbled them and didn't leave them".
    I let it slide and take a look at the quiz sheet, there is a picture round and word game. The word game consists of a word as a clue then the answer with a few letters revealed, for example...

Clue: Car
    Answer: _ _ R _ = FORD

One of the answers this woman had filled out was as follows...

Clue: Cheese
    Answer _ _ _ _ S _ = Cheese
    I start laughing at her. She responds badly, bringing up the 2 points again "Yeah well at least I didn't cost us 2 points, next you will be eating the sherbet!". I look down and there is a half clam shell full of pink sherbet, quick as a flash she goes to throw it in my eyes, I deflect it.
    Two guards come over, one dressed as a hot dog, the other, a playing card. They grab my arms and...

I wake up.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I had a dream I met Brooks and he was an androgynous black man/woman with weird hair and an eighties leather jacket.
  • been having nightmares recently that my daughter can clumb out of her cot and hurt herself :(

also one where I was painting a train with two guys and got cornered by the police. Managed to jump ontop of the train and crawl away from the scene. Then legged it, made it through the hole in the fence and into the streets. The helicopter came but i managed to persuade some group of people to let me into their building where i hid till the coast was clear. All ok in the end but pretty heart pounding stuff throughout. Meh.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I've had a couple of dreams about forumites recently, one involved me giving Reg a piggy-back, a newsagent, and some crusty bread with cheese. He accused me of doing something and I stormed off in a huff.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    @live That sounds utterly mental. I don't remember any trippy type dreams like that.

Recently I've been having dreams about being attacked by dogs. One of the worst was when a fairly small but vicious dog clamped onto my hand and started tearing away at it.

I was trying to scream for help but nothing was coming out and I couldn't shake it off. Eventually I woke up with a bit of a shout and discovered I'd been sleeping with my hand in an odd position and it was all pins and needles.

There must be an easier way of your body telling you to roll over.
  • I have had some scary sleep paralysis episodes, none recently thankfully.  Usually happens when I am over tired and have trouble getting to sleep and do the thing when you try all sorts of crazy positions in order to get comfortable and end up in one where the blanket is pulled up over my face and I begin to fall asleep to the point where sleep paralysis takes effect, but then wake up because of the odd position I'm in.  At this point it feels as though I'm going to suffocate in the blanket covering my face, but I'm helpless to do anything about it because of the paralysis even though I'm fully aware of what is happening and panic is beginning to set in.  Scary stuff, I don't pull the blanket up over my face any more.

I don't remember many specific nightmares as I rarely have them, but I do have video game related ones when I've been playing some game for too long and go straight to bed afterwards, usually hours after I should have.  If I've been having some specific issue in the game I tend to relive the anxiety in my dream in some way, which often means the feeling of wandering around endlessly to to find my out of a place, or trying to find some item etc.  These sorts of dreams are not particularly scarey, but make for a very patchy nights sleep with a lingering feeling of desperate frustration that can set the tone for my day.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Strangest dream I had was a few years ago, before I was married, and I have no kids, but every thing in the dream felt perfectly normal at the time.

I was living in a cottage in an isolated cottage by the coast with my two children. My wife had just died (i never met her in my dream but I was aware that she had existed before) so I hired a nanny to help look after the children.

Everything was fine for a while until the nanny tried it on with me and I rejected her (i was still upset about my non existant dead wife). Strange things started happening around the house. I can only remember one of the that happened toward the end of the dream but it was stuff like lights coming on and of, things being moved with no explanation, general poltergeist type activity.

The thing I remember from the end was I had just told her that I was going to have to let her go and that she was welcome to work out her months notice if she wanted, or was free to leave earlier if she wanted. She took it really well and went to make dinner for the family. I remember that there was a really bad storm going on, with thunder and lightening happening. She brought the food back through and we started eating. After a few mouthfuls I noticed a couple of maggots in my food, then a few more, then the whole plated was full of maggots, ants and little beatles and was overflowing onto the floor and our feet, the kids were screaming and panicking, I got up and hearded them out of the house, noticing the nanny had just left the room unfazed, like nothing had happened.

I got the kids out of the house and went back inside to confront her. I found her in the kitchen putting on a yellow rain coat with the hood up. She didn't acknowledge me and just walked out into the night and the storm. She got about 50 meters away and stopped and turned round and looked at me. It was too dark for me to see her properly, but at that moment a flash of lightening lit up the sky and illuminated her, all I could see under the hood was a white skull, then I woke up.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I was joking with some randoms on a sofa (they seemed to like me), but any growing confidence was soon hammered by the mirror-borne sight of a greasy mullet. Lapping at my shoulders, like. Pure Arkansas.

(A tenner on Skerret for the obvious follow-up...)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    iv had weird strange dreams ever since quitting canabis around 15 week ago.
    some times there just weird.....being stuck with a load of folks i dont know who all act cocky and threatining, not being able to get home, not knowing were i am, being offerd a lift by a steven hawkins a like on his mobility scooter who then procedes to do laps round me.

some times there just scary, my gf showing off my baby over the bridge (round corner from our house) and her friend says "i cant see her tip the pram up a bit", gf does so and baby slips out towards the train tracks underneath! 

iv always had sleep problems but never really dreams i can remember.

oh ......had a dream when i were about 9 or something were i were batman, and after the usual fighting crime stuff i needed to go pee......i couldnt get my latex costume off and pissed myself but woke up on the edge of my bed dick in hand pissing on the floor!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    You're just more aware mate. It happens to me. I talk about worlds. I've been off the shit, as a reguar daily hammering thing for ages and it seems my off pot days are spent running around weirdly constructed bars that have hatches and ladders and cellars in weird places and I am constantly changing barrels. And when I am done something terrible has happened. ANyway I had a revelation last week and I realised the first time I saw a lot of blood was when I walked into the gents bog in my ma and pa's pub where I grew up and some lad had been knifed. I'd completely forgot about it and it was only on wednesday after recalling monday's dream that I forgot about this regressed memory, horrific, really I ran out screaming, man screaming on the floor. The dream went on for weeks until monday and I've not had it since. I can't wait for the next recurring one and what that leads to.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    The worst dream was getting higher and higher and feeling danger. Took about 8 years to get to the 'top' before in the dream I looked down. It was a lad I was really close to. I'd banged his bird.

SHit that. Proper felt like I was gonna die in them dreams and I was almost lucid through them all cept I had no control. Hypnagagia kidda.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    im scared of my dreams thoughs though, and iv been told not to think too much in to them as they can make me depressed or make the dreams worse as i try to find meaning in them.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!