Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Oh, and Violet's JF Acid kicks are amazing.
  • At the lower reaches, yes. I took jinpachi and Wang for a couple of ranked matches the other day, they are only at first dan rank.

Everyone was just pressing buttons, in the case of one player, just doing angels lasers and flying shenanigans. Many a back throw was delivered. One guy had played hundreds of games with a win rate of 14%. So shout outs to persevering.

Talking of back throws, Dr. B, 80 damage piggyback ride of lol and death, any other characters do that? Afaik pachi, Wang, jack, drag and yoshi are all 50.

Oh, yes, Violets voice. You may no longer play Lee, sorry Escape.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    What's with the voices?
  • Not had time to play this. I'll get as many achievements as I can before I trade it in for credit to use towards WiiU. Just don't get time to play everything. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Well as long as you can inflate yer magical Xbox number of ultimate pointlessness it's no real loss eh?  ;)
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Hehe. Lets try and get some games in and if I get time to play more then perhaps I'll keep it. 

We need to play some GGX2 too. 

If I have time to play Halo 4 mp and get owned, I should be able to find some time for this somewhere!

Anyone about tonight?
  • Dammit! Felt rotten last night and missed the above, Elf and anyone else fancy games this evening?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I have people round, I'll try to come on for a bit. Maybe for an hour or more between 9 and 10.
  • Alright bro I'll keep an eye out for you!
  • Apologies if I missed you the other night Elf, crunch times here at work so I'm in the office at shitty hours.

In other news, the greatest combo video ever created:

Morning B&B's for Bruce and Ganryu:

EDIT: Somehow I missed Episode 12 & 13, here be they (Bob and the DLC 'clones':

• No worries. Try tonight? If I'm ever on and playing singleplayer game, send me a TTT2 invite and I'll come over. If I'm playing Halo 4, I'll probably ignore you though. :)
  • No worries man, if I see you about I'll send a message if you aren't Haloling it up. I am sorely tempted to get back into the Halo, lurking in the Halo thread is making me yearn for the good old days, plus Lester sent me some kind of peer pressure message the other day.
  • TTT2 Adequate Adventures with Ultra David & James Chen, pretty good watching as both are relatively new to the game.

http://twitch.tv/ultrachentv/b/341763494

EDIT: For added bonus points/lol watch as a lifetime of conditioning from 2D fighters prevents Chen from attacking or following up after a knockdown.
  • Had some harrowing matches online last night. Started well but then presented with a wall of assholes.

I reluctantly ended the night by pulling out the Doc and trying him out. With some fucking success, none of the fucking Law/Slim Bob/Bob/Eddy crew of hapless spastics have the first fucking idea what to do with him once he gets rolling and yes I did take the final round of one match by just sitting down and repeatedly doing the zen slide.

Can feel a Doc/Jack or Doc/Pachi team brewing. Doc/Wang not so great as both are small and it's easy to get outpoked by people just pressing buttons with characters who have a lot of 'safe' strings when your limbs are relatively short, mentioning no names, Law.
  • i havent played this in a while...

kinda went off it after vsav was announced :D

might have to see if i can get some games in this weekend, re-ignite the flames.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Word is I should be back soon.

Lee_Ang.jpg
  • I am also being temporarily distracted by the Halols. 

I am fairly sure that some more morning B&B vids will have been released by LUYG, and ATP put out a massive Fend guide so I'll link those up here in a bit. 

Also, I saw Rock in the What We Look Like thread, someone get him in here.
  • JESUS FUCKING CHRIST IN THE MANGER MAINLINING MDMA AND KICKING SHIT OUT OF THE WISE MEN FOR NOT BRINGING HIM AN iPAD MINI

Ridiculous execution + Mishimas = waht is this I dont even
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Shit forgot to add that I have this (on WiiU) and I love it. Utterly mental. Can't seem to get away from my Paul and King duo when playing others though. Want to mix it up a bit but stay with those sort of heavy hitters. Any recommendations?
  • Jack 6 is a heavy hitter with good pokes who is easy to learn. He is bigger and slower to move than Paul or King so that will take getting used to. 

Steve is a cunt who does a lot of damage and is reasonably fast, Bob is a cunt who does a lot of damage and is reasonably fast, Lars is a cunt who does a lot of damage and is reasonably fast. So those are options as well. 

Dr. B should obviously be mained purely because hes an old man who just spazzes about the arena getting amazing wins and pissing people off.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think Boscy will have to get learned. What a mental.
  • I can vouch for his hilarity.

EDIT: He is kind of shit though and you will be relying on his gimmicks for most of your damage, if you play someone who knows how to deal with them, you're toasty toast. Just a heads up.

Double Edit: Also check out othe OP Reg, there are links to tons of character videos and tutorial guides and stuff which are full of useful information.
  • Meh since I was passing this way anyway, here are the latest character vids from LUYG and ATP

Morning B&B - Episode 16 - Heihachi

Morning B&B - Episode 17 - Devil Jin

ATP - Feng Guide - A stupidly in-depth and awesome guide

• Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    @Roujin - Got this coming at me for Christmas, so since Austin is abandoning me for the next 6 months then I may need to get some tips from you bro!
  • Where's Austin going?
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Australia :'(
  • good luck woodi.... i'll be up for some too if Rouj's dodge wifi enabled self can't connect.
  • Man I have no idea what is up with our connection man. I can connect to everyone else fine with the exception of Crispy, but he doesn't even have a 360 anymore or something.

Tis some gay shit.

Anyway Woodi hallo, please to be enjoying the vast array of guides and intros and shit in the OP. You played Tekken much before or coming at it for the first time?
  • probably isp bollocks or somesuch. I'm with BT now, but i get sky internet for free with work, but i've been holding off on it as i've heard they're low tier on the internet.
  • They doubled my connection speed after I moaned.

Now I get 2 meg instead of one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!