regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Soooooooo is anyone gonna get this on WiiU or am I just shouting at the wind?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Only if loads of other forumites do, recreating the glory days of forum T5.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Otherwise, I'll take a pound of nuts.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Will never happen.

EVER. 

PS - Bear.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Pink-slippered Panda!

0.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Goddamit I want this game.
  • Nicki is good at this, has a higher win rate than me so far.

Her Eddy Gordo and Panda team is next level, but her hands start to hurt after pressing so many buttons so quickly.
  • Eddy Gordo is super next level. I try to approach him like Maxi in SC, wait for him to get stuck in a string if the other player is pressing buttons (they will press buttons, because Eddy Gordo + Buttons = Dark Phoenix Tier, Gordo player scores bonus points if they scream I CAN'T CONTROL IT!) and then punish the whiff, or blocked move accordingly with your fastest mid into whatever, just in case he goes into doing that stupid handstand after his string.

If you can take out a super random Eddy with competance, you can handle most things this game throws at you.

Reg if I was getting a WiiU I would deffo pick up TTT2. I think most people in the thread already have it on PS3/360 though, and most of the MM/B&B regulars play on sticks so it would mean getting a WiiU compatible stick (luckily Madcatz are releasing WiiU compatible TE's, which is nice to see). The one possible drawback would be how the online fares given Ninty's previous rep, however the SC5 netcode it uses is probably more than up to the task. 

I'd quite like to see the WiiU version running as technically the WiiU has a stronger graphics card, I wonder if the WiiU port will retain the crispy resolution of the arcade cab which seems to have had to be reduced slightly for the 360/PS3 ports.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Couldn't get a game in ranked or player last night, training mode while you wait is lovely - but not if you're waiting for nothing to happen. Hopefully it'll sort itself out.
  • Odd, you don't normally have to wait longer than about 30 seconds usually to find a game. Default search criteria I assume?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I have played the game for 15 years and cant Korean backdash. Escape can. If I sit down and and train then maybe I could get it. It's hard to do

Just catching up on the thread...

BDC is somewhat overrated. You can block during a normal backdash by holding the second back. The benefit of the BDC is in drawing whiffs in-between your first and second dash. You're crying out for a low if you abuse them.

Against your Jack, I do a lot more stair-stepping than BDCing. That's b~b cancelled with up or down for a sidestep, repeatedly. There is a weird QCB~u method for certain characters. It's named after the Japanese player who found it/made it popular, but I forget his name.

The reason I stair against Jack is because you're not aggressive, and Jack's not mobile. You play him as the poking machine he is, but many of his pokes have poor enough tracking to invite stair-fishing for counters at close range. BDC is much safer, but leaves me too far to punish a lot of those pokes.

BDC comes into its own against an intelligent, linear-advancing, close-range pressure fighter. It's for when the other guy won't let up with jabs, but knows to mix them with fast random mids to keep you from crouching. A lot of high-end Mishimas play that way.

But all you need to get down is one backdash cancelled into another. When you see people doing multiples in online tutorials, that's much more for timing practice than practical purpose.
  • Two backdashes I can do okay, as its just, b,b,qcb,b since none of my characters have a backsway stance. Its the timing of the qcb,b loop if you want to keep going after the second backstep that I struggle with.

For me personally, its not something I feel is harming my game by not using it. However that's largely down to Jack's crap movement, his dashes feel so small and his hitbox is so big that often I don't think I could avoid most long range pokes with a double dash anyway.

Drag would benefit, but has reversals and several moves that become untechable knockdowns on counterhit, and given his fierce oki game I'd prefer to score a knockdown than whiff punish with him. That said, bdc into qcf1 whiff punishment shouldn't be overlooked. Perhaps as I play you guys more I'll have to work it into my game to keep Drag fresh.

Oh and I decides to learn Yoshi, Esc. Not completely from scratch, played him a fair bit back in T3 and although it doesn't directly translate across he has been a fairly oft used alt in Soul Cal. Namu indeed.
  • So much to learn, looking forward to it. Bouts in this can be so swing and miss it's incredible. Also means you never feel totally down and out (Especially if you have Jack and fucking Rage, god damn you Roujin). Looking at swapping out Alisa for someone a bit more damaging. Feng is now leading the charge in that department (Plus I've got him kitted out as M.Bison now). He's got much better pokes and is an all round bad man, just have to find a solid solo combo and work out his best Tag combo options with the Duk. 

God damn, Marduk is the best.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Landed a bound combo in local fighting fun today. Smang (is he here yet?) is too good though bouncing me across the stage with Asuka. Was getting to getting to grips with Feng and Kazuya - Pez try feng's sample combo that starts with up forward 4 then down forward one (? Blue anyway), it's achin punch that leads into kick twopieces for stupid damage. One of them bounds and you bring in the other dude.

Kaz will be getting swapped out for Hwo once I spend many more days playing offline working out wtf I'm doing.
  • Yeah, I got that one down, there's a slightly better one from Aris in the guide but it's a bit trickier (u/f+4, d/f+1, d/f+1/, f+3,4(B!), f/f+3, d/b+3). Just working out what does the most damage off his Bound with Marduk at the minute. Plus lots of his pressure comes out of his crouching dash and all the options that come with While Standing. He's far deeper than Alisa, but also a much trickier proposition to use effectively. 

On with the learnin'.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Nick wrote:
    Nicki is good at this, has a higher win rate than me so far.
    This is why, with all due respect to Nicki and her battlepanda skills, why I will never view Tekken in the same light as Street Fighter or King of Fighters.

EDIT: Ah, that comes dangerously close to trolling. I just don't get Tekken. I like the graphics. I like enough of the characters. I just don't get what I'm supposed to do. It doesn't help that I've played less than an hour of Tekken ever, but it all just feels so damn lacking in precision.
  • Well I mean its entirely possible for Nicki to mash out a win against Nick when neither have really played the game before.

Escpecially with Eddy as he has many looping movesets and an extremely unconventional fighting style compared to most of the cast.

Had Nicki rolled with a Kazuya and Heihachi team the result would likely have been different.

Tiger you're super lucky though man, you're in Korea! If you wanna know more about Tekken just head down to your nearest arcade!
  • Also on the defensive side of things Tekken's a totally different beast to most 2D fighters. In SF against anyone who doesn't really know what they're doing holding down back will see you through 90% of their spammage. Overheads are slow and for the most part do little damage and don't combo, which only leaves watching out for throws. 

Fighting Eddy and his ilk with their crazy Hi-lows plus the game's higher damage output means a few wrong guesses and yer KO. Add on top of that juggles and being hit on the ground and things can go South in the blink of an eye. 

So it's not really about holding it in the same light, it's not really that comparable. Apart from it has people punching each other in the face.
  • What does the (B!) mean pls Austin?

• Bound, green arrow next to certain moves mean they have bound properties.
  • Finding this hard to play with a pad. Stick needed?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nope. You can play on a pad but may need to use claw style to get best results with the simultaeneous button presses.
  • Well, haven't tried MadCatz fightpad yet. 360 d-pad is terrible.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm willing to give this a shot.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    360 d-pad is terrible.

And this is news to you? It's going to need precision inputs man, wouldn't rely on that piece of shite.
  • Revel jump on in man. If you're new to fighters or new to Tekken there's plenty of people on the forum who can help show you the ropes!

Som, use that fightpad son!
  • Loved the old one on the psone.

Might just get this on Friday.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I've passed it twice in the shops now. I think I'll give it a skip, as I'm still playing AE 2012 on the PC. Hope you're all enjoying it though!
  • Playing on PC eh? Stop by on console for some games wih me and lefty sometime if you see us on.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Can't mate. Never have access to the TV in new place. Hence my relegation to PC land.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!