Dark Souls
  • It's frankly amazing how quickly you can upgrade weapons when you aren't paying for soul levels..
    Capra was the roughest so far with about ten attempts and queelag was done in two. I'm playing offline so no summoning.
    Killed the asylum demon with black firebombs.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • You're actually making it sound tempting, Rev, good work!
  • It's fairly easy. I took the black firebombs so you can kill the asylum demon on the first time round.
    Bought the reinforced club, hit the first bell, then down through the Drake valley to get to the second bell.
    Then demon ruins to get the gold hemmed set and the ability to scale up pyromancy to +9. By that time I could also level up the club and Hollow shield. Picked up the grass shield then killed moonlight butterfly. Going to hit the depths, sif and then pinwheel next to up my estus limit
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • So after a bit of mucking about, I paid a visit to pinwheel to pick up the right of kindling, my pyro glove is now at +15, with the gold hemmed set. Rocking great combustion and the fire orb, with the bellowing dragon crest ring and the Dusk crown so I'm wrecking silver knights with one fireball. Using a lightning club which is kick ass.
    Really liking to SL1 run now.
  • It's great fun. And I always like that it wasn't so much a major challenge as just a different way of playing, at least once you knew the game well. The sequels never had that flexibility.

Although, I've never done the DLC in SL1, and I think that would be much harder, especially the final boss.
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/TwinHumanitiesPod

Here's my friend Paddy doing one bros of one and two and currently one broing through Demons as well.

I totally agree about the dlc, especially manus.
  • It's always nice but risky coming in here, because it makes me want to play it through again. I'm very much contemplating getting this for the Switch - anyone know how it holds up? I'd be playing predominantly in handheld mode.
  • kestla wrote:
    It's always nice but risky coming in here, because it makes me want to play it through again. I'm very much contemplating getting this for the Switch - anyone know how it holds up? I'd be playing predominantly in handheld mode.

Get it.
    I play handheld on switch and it's just brilliant.
    It holds up VERY Well
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • kestla wrote:
    It's always nice but risky coming in here, because it makes me want to play it through again. I'm very much contemplating getting this for the Switch - anyone know how it holds up? I'd be playing predominantly in handheld mode.

Get it.
    I play handheld on switch and it's just brilliant.
    It holds up VERY Well

Good to hear. I may wait until I've made some solid progress on BoTW before purchasing though, as I know this will consume me again!
  • Just get it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • kestla wrote:
    kestla wrote:
    Get it. I play handheld on switch and it's just brilliant. It holds up VERY Well
    Good to hear. I may wait until I've made some solid progress on BoTW before purchasing though, as I know this will consume me again!

If it will consume you again, then get it after finishing or tiring of BotW.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah, I feel like I should put some time into BotW after putting it off so long. Conveniently DS has gone back up in price, so I'll wait for the next drop.
  • So after about twenty attempts, I solo'd Slough and Ormscheap. My pyro took out Orms in four hits, but I kept being smash by the large fellow. Ended up using fire orbs, then black firebombs to finish him off. Totally delighted, never managed before.
  • Is Dark Souls on switch 60fps?
  • Rev wrote:
    So after about twenty attempts, I solo'd Slough and Ormscheap. My pyro took out Orms in four hits, but I kept being smash by the large fellow. Ended up using fire orbs, then black firebombs to finish him off. Totally delighted, never managed before.

Your playing without upgrading your character health right?
  • Without upgrading any stats at all. Upgrading weapons and armour is fair game on SL1 IIRC.
  • Excellent work, Rev! Such a brilliant boss fight, the elation must be strong doing it SL1.
  • I have soooo many games to play but now i want to attempt SL1 :D
    Rev are you on remastered or original? is there much difference?
  • Frame rate lol. There didn't really do much to the remaster eh.
  • From what I've read, it shares more similarities with the original than the remaster, apart from some slight resolution improvements
  • Djornson wrote:
    I have soooo many games to play but now i want to attempt SL1 :D
    Rev are you on remastered or original? is there much difference?
    remastered. But I've got a duplicate sl1 run going on the ps3 just now.
    The jump skip on AL is a chore without the l3 easy press.
    And apart from frame rate I can honestly say the AI is exactly the same on both games to a tee.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What jump skip is that?
  • Where from the bonfire you go up the spiral stairs, you can leap from them down to the corridor that takes you to s and O.
  • Using the O instead of the L3 has been trickier for me. These hands aren't what they used to be
  • Ah I see I forgot all about that!!
  • Yeah. The archers are still a pain in the ass..
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    No idea what thread to post this in, but Mortal Shell is now in open Beta. So PC Souls fans go nuts!

The way they were handling beta codes over the past few days was utterly ridiculous - bots snapping them up within seconds and the social media mob, as always, were not happy. 

So, this evening the developer said "fuck it" and opened the beta to everyone (while still being humbled by the insane amount of interest in their modest Souls rip-off). 

It was a smart move, and it shows they have a finger on the pulse of popular demand, which will only help them going forward. 

We need more of this!
  • A friend of mine mentioned it earlier today. I hadn’t heard of it. Will read about it
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!