The Car thread
  • Range Rover. There, I’ve said it
    I like 'em. Was considering buying one myself but figured I'd rather be badged as a wanker than scum. :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Wanker
    Spoiler:
  • lol
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Range Rover. There, I’ve said it

There, that wasn't so hard now was it.
  • Provisional has arrived. Time to badger hawbaw for some learnding.

Hamilton Circuit, C- Class, pick anything you want.
  • Christ, I've got to go to Hamilton to pick up me new car tomorrow.

*prays*

g.man
  • Provisional has arrived. Time to badger hawbaw for some learnding.

Hamilton Circuit, C- Class, pick anything you want.

C class? We're not using the vulva, ask shug if we can use her car!
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    vere@ the A45 4MATIC is ridiculously priced. 10k above the other hot hatches in its class: focus RS, Civic TypeR, Audi S3 and Golf R. Its also a very stiff and harsh ride. I think you made a good choice. stick a pic of it up if you can be bothered.

Certainly! Won’t have it for a few weeks but will get some pics of her up ASAP.
    g.man wrote:
    Finally bought a new car today. Not wildly excited about it, but it was a good deal, it's a nice vehicle to drive, and it has enough modern toys on it to keep me happy. 4 wheel drive, 2.0 litre diesel engine. Very roomy.
    It's a BMW X-1 Series SUV.

EOS0lWX.jpg

86Ebz6l.jpg

guess this makes me a BMW wanker now...

g.man

Lovely smooth drive those G, nice choice, think you’ll be good for a few years with that. Lovely engine.
  • Yeah, felt surprisingly refined to drive on the test drive, and like you say, if I get on with it I'm planning on keeping it for a good few years, so fingers crossed. Got insurance sorted today (always the worst part of buying a new car), and hopefully picking it up tomorrow.
  • Nice! It’ll keep its value pretty well too which is always nice. Definitely something that’s gonna do pretty much every job you chuck at it for 4 or 5 years before you feel you need a change. Much like the Merc it’ll be the little things that’ll make you wanna change in the end as there won’t be much better than that in those 4-5 years or more.
  • Last time we bought a car I totally forgot to sort the insurance. Could’ve been a disastrous maiden voyage.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • g.man wrote:
    Yeah, felt surprisingly refined to drive on the test drive, and like you say, if I get on with it I'm planning on keeping it for a good few years, so fingers crossed. Got insurance sorted today (always the worst part of buying a new car), and hopefully picking it up tomorrow.

Smaller SUV’s get some kind of weirded inverse snobbery - a type of bad rep and I’ve never understood why. They’ve great driving positions, tackle rougher weather than standard cars and you can (probably) transport a fridge freezer in the back of one. That’s a nice looking car there g. Enjoy tomorrow.
  • Cheers mate!
  • Range Rover. There, I’ve said it

Nothing wrong with that. On a sidenote, apparently the Velar is selling quite badly. So much so that there was an internal offer at JLR for employees on a lease for it. Brand new velar, £0 upfront and £199 a month. Cracking deal that for a 50k plus motor.
  • It’ll be selling badly because despite being quite delightful from the front it looks like an arse from the side and back.  Those door handles though. Mmmm
  • Hehe, have decided the A-Class maybe for the family car now and a toy for me to make my project car. Have put a deposit on this so gonna go see it.

GVZTzD.jpg

x4h4bV.jpg

Absolute beauty. Pick her up on Wednesday. Gonna be a whole bloody day out to get her. Flight to Gatwick, Wookie is kindly picking me up from the airport and dropping me off in Chelmsford as the train was a nightmare, drive from Chelmsford up-to Liverpool after picking her up to get the Ferry home again. What a pain. Looking forward to the driving part though.
  • So picked her up yesterday, and had an awesome first drive from Chelmsford up to Liverpool, and she was absolutely amazing. Mixed up some smooth motorway cruising with some aggressive driving in Sports and she took it all in her stride. She purrs beautifully too.

Gonna drive the TT in her today for some fun!!

Any advice on selling private plates? Gotta change it on the Isle.

dexv8h.jpg

cPGpU9.jpg

PdU2qm.jpg

6yKMqj.jpg
  • Vere, what year is that car? 18 plate?
  • Looks lovely Beresford
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Vere, what year is that car? 18 plate?

No she’s a 14, last of that build. The newer ones are such a massive jump in price for my fun car I can’t really justify that money. Would of contract hired as per usual but fancy a bit of a project. She’s ridiculous. Actually scares me. But driving the TT course in her is absolute heaven.

MattyJ wrote:
    Looks lovely Beresford

Thanks dude!
  • That’s a lovely car V. I had a ‘10 TTS convertible which was absolutely amazing. Even though I replaced it with a Cayman S, I still miss it. The DSG paddle box and sport mode was a great drive.

The new Merc won’t get a look in I bet!
  • That’s a lovely car V. I had a ‘10 TTS convertible which was absolutely amazing. Even though I replaced it with a Cayman S, I still miss it. The DSG paddle box and sport mode was a great drive.

The new Merc won’t get a look in I bet!

Thanks Mostly! Noooooo way, thought I’d go between them but really this’ll be my car and the Merc will be the car we do stuff in as a ‘family’. Such a great machine. Bet the Cayman S is a beauty though!!!

Driving the TT course to work everyday and at quiet times both ways I wanted a good fun car and this is just perfect. Great owning a TT again. Got a list of things to do with her.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Nearly purchased a TTRS before settling on the M3, great car.

Oddly the other one I tried was a Cayman but the extras really bumped the price up so decided against it.
  • Yeah if it wasn’t this it was gonna be a TTRS but again the increase in running costs etc in the RS over the S was just pushing it over budget. With two cars, saving and hoping to start a family later this year it just went over. I’ve been promised that’s next though....
  • The RS is great fun, but how much more of its ability could you really use day to day? The S will be a wee cracker.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Couldn’t agree more, one thing I find with the V8 M over my E46 M is there’s rarely a time you can really push it. The old one was fun wherever you were.
  • I tell you what, changing headlight bulbs on a facelift model Mk3 MR2 Roadster is not fun. Fucking thing.

Completely remove the front luggage lid. Prise out 30-something little plastic rivets and remove the plastic cover over the whole front trunk. There is now a tiny triangular gap at each front corner, where you can squeeze a hand in and get to the light clusters. Each bulb (sidelight, dipped headlight, full beam and DRL) has a separate connector to unplug, a separate rubber boot to pull off, and then a metal spring clip holding in a bulb holder. Remove that holder and you can take the bulb out to replace.

I changed all but one. The passenger side dipped beam bulb retaining clip fucking beat me. Hours of trying to clip it back in by feel through the little triangular opening. I failed. Letting the garage deal with it before MOTing the car.

Should have asked a small child with tiny hands to do it for me. Or Donald Trump.
  • Look forward to seeing it on the Road Vere...
    The Forum Herald™
  • Remember getting in an OG TT once. I couldn't move, it was so small in there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!