The Car thread
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Just randomly had an ad for the GR Supra pop up on ky Instagram. Its a bit fussy but man am I a sucker for a fastback.

Buy a z4
    The Forum Herald™
  • Would if I could man.
    If we extended the 3 dream cars to 4 the 4th would be a z4 fastback.
  • Isn't the new Supra another car underneath and just a Toyota body? Can't remember exactly..
  • It's the Z4 isn't it?
  • I think it’s a seat. They keep the Leon name.
  • That's the manufacturer Supra, which are indeed a kinda racier offshoot of Seat, not the Toyota car model name Supra which Liv was advertised.

/pedant

I'm on a cuntish roll today crayo I do apologise. Love ya buddy x
  • It’s very confusing!
  • Bloody hell. Opened insta again and first thing is a mate reposting his mate selling a Carrera S. The guy also has a 80s 911.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:

Gonna be interesting when this is released. I expect it will sellout in preorders on day1. A bmw answer for the RS4 and the c63 estate. Wonder what alpina will make of it as the d3 and b3 tourings have been the only way to get a hyper fast bmw estate. Alpina will still probably have the luxorious and smooth driving experience touring aspects to themselves, where the m3 touring will be a snarling, more race setup, hard suspension beast.

I'd still take the alpina touring.
  • Managed to
    Catch the small print on the Lexus hybrid drive electric up to 50% of the time if
    You do over 120,000 miles and average 27mph :) :)
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah there needs to be an industry standard test for these times.
  • Car companies have finally run out of names for their cars. The new Skoda is called the Enyaq iV.
    I wonder if it make sense in another language, or if it’s nonsense globally?
  • "The new ŠKODA ENYAQ is derived from the Irish name ‘Enya’, meaning ‘source of life’. Enya itself comes from the Irish Gaelic word ‘Eithne’, meaning ‘essence’, ‘spirit’ or ‘principle’. These different meanings allow different perspectives on the name of ŠKODA’s new SUV. The ‘source of life’ symbolises the brand’s entry into the new era of electromobility. It represents a new beginning, which goes hand in hand with the temperament of the ŠKODA ENYAQ and the ŠKODA engineers’ passion and innovative strength for the new electric SUV. ‘Enya’ is authentic, full of character and lively, easy to pronounce and remember and fits perfectly with the dawn of a new era in the company’s 125-year history.

Like the names of ŠKODA’s successful SUV models KODIAQ, KAROQ and KAMIQ, which are derived from the language of the Inuit people living in northern Canada and Greenland, on this occasion ŠKODA combines their future all-electric vehicle with the Irish language. The ‘E’ at the beginning of the name stands for electromobility; the ‘Q’ at the end creates a clear connection to the virtues of a ŠKODA SUV."
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Absolute wank.
  • g.man wrote:
    Absolute wank.

Some cunt is pulling a six figure salary for thinking that shit up.
    The Forum Herald™
  • We're probably not far away from a car named after a bit of weegie.

The new addition to the Skoda premium crossover SUV GT fastback slowback hatchback family... The Skoda Dreich.
  • The new Skoda Partick Cross-over.
  • Fun fact.
    Enya lives in a castle near Dublin, alone except for her many cats and $140 million.

Who is laughing now.
  • Now I'm imagining Enya in a castle with 140 million cats.
  • Quid a cat.
    Sail away Enya, sail away.
  • Here's one..

Last fortnight or so, whenever I've came to my car and gotten in, there's been a weird smell of petrol in the cabin. Kinda faint, not too strong but definitely there, and it'd go away once I start driving away. No leaks of any kind I could see when I park up after a journey, no smell afterwards either when I kill the engine. Guys in work tried to diagnose to no avail. Last few days it's just went away.

Odd. Probably nothing. I hope. Yeah, it's nothing. Right. Right?
  • If the smell’s gone, maybe you spilled some whilst filling up, or stepped in some petrol?
  • wee-bey-gif.gif

You know I think you might be right.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    First decent trip in the Tesla over a long weekend there heading down to see my parents for the first time since before lockdown. Supercharging worked brilliantly on the main journeys, although unfortunately there wasn't anywhere to charge where we stayed, which necessitated a round trip to the nearest Supercharger to top up due to doing more driving while we were there than I had expected. One of the best features of the car is the HEPA filter which makes the interior smell great even when stuck in busy traffic. Autopilot (albeit only version 1 which isn't going to get any updates at this point) is great for motorway driving, although the auto lane change was a bit awkward to get used to (you have to hold the indicator until the car has crossed more than halfway into the lane you're moving in to, but if you click it all the way it doesn't like it) and freaked my girlfriend out a bit...
  • I have no idea why you'd want to change lanes by holding the indicator while hoping the computer doesn't punt you into the side of an articulated lorry.
  • Come on,Unlikely: it's much more fun changing lanes at 70mph by carefully holding an indicator stalk at the right pressure for the exact right amount of time, rather than gently steering the car with an old-fashioned steering "wheel" from the last century
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Yeah... I tried it when things were quiet (so basically in Scotland) to get an understanding of what it is capable of and have to say that that aspect is underwhelming compared to the newer version of Autopilot. The adaptive cruise control with lane-keeping feels really reliable in comparison and if you are happy to cruise along a couple of seconds behind a lorry it makes for some efficent energy usage and a bit of a break of full-on concentration.
  • adaptive cruise control is like magic the first time you try it, and when you add lane assist / lane keeping it does make motorway cruises very relaxing. Must say I'm jealous, I'd love a model S. was it similar in price to used model x?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    There is 'only' £5000 difference if buying new (the X being more expensive as the bigger vehicle with a fancier design, mostly due to those 'falcon-wing' doors), although the used prices that I saw tended to be rather larger in difference, although that is in part due to the X being the newer vehicle so there are fewer/newer used ones.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!