The Car thread
  • I doubt that, Seat are part of the VW group and the MQB platform. Id take a Seat over a ford all day long.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    According to What car there nothing in it in terms of reliability actually, so I suppose whatever takes your fancy.

18. Ford 93.7%
    19. Seat 93.6%
  • What’s the most unreliable?

I’m going to guess at Alfa?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Nope

Rank Brand Score
    1. Lexus 98.7%
    2. Mitsubishi 97.9%
    3. Toyota 97.7%
    4. Mini 96.8%
    5. Skoda 96.4%
    6. Hyundai 96.3%
    7. Kia 95.9%
    8. Honda 95.3%
    =9. BMW 95.2%
    =9 Mazda 95.2%
    11. Alfa Romeo 94.6%
    =12. Fiat 94.5%
    =12. Subaru 94.5%
    =14. Dacia 94.4%
    =14. Suzuki 94.4%
    =16. Citroën 93.8%
    =16. Volvo 93.8%
    18. Ford 93.7%
    19. Seat 93.6%
    20. Volkswagen 93.2%
    21. Jaguar 91.8%
    =22. Audi 91.5%
    =22. MG 91.5%
    =22. Porsche 91.5%
    25. Peugeot 91.1%
    26. Mercedes 91.0%
    =27. Nissan 90.1%
    =27. Vauxhall 90.1%
    29. Tesla 88.6%
    30. Renault 87.6%
    31. Land Rover 78.2%
  • What’s the most unreliable?

I’m going to guess at Alfa?

Alfa are a GM brand these days. No problems at all.

Well, that’s the theory. Ours has an external temp sensor that believes it’s 65°C outside in Scotland at all times and a tyre pressure warning that beeps a few miles into every trip even though the pressures are perfect.
  • Owch Land Rover arent just bottom, they're 10% less reliable than Renault.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Suzuki Jimny was £15,500 on launch in 2019. Now a new Jimny will cost you £29,999. All because Suzuki pulled the model from future production in Britain and europe due to emissions. Much more demand than supply. One of those rare lucky purchases for people where they can make a profit on a car they bought, substantial one at that.
  • Its a fucking Suzuki Jimny, what the hell demand is there?
    How many 1980s hairdressers are there in Essex?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Seat were bought out ages ago and are no longer Spain based as far as I know. They're still common but no more so than Ford.
  • Seat are still manufactured in Spain. Nissan as well.
    Renault, Peugeot-Citroen and Ford all have degrees of manufacturing there as well.

The fact it is Europe means it is much of a muchness. Just don't buy a Rolls Royce I guess.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They're manufactured in Spain, along with lots of others including Ford, but the brand is no longer Spanish - it belongs to Volkswagen since decades ago. Plenty of them around though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Seems the most popular car in Spain is the Seat Leon, nice car, followed by a Dacia...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Its a fucking Suzuki Jimny, what the hell demand is there?
    How many 1980s hairdressers are there in Essex?

The new one is cool as fuck. It’s like an old school Land Rover Defender that’s been shrunk in the wash.

• poprock wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Fully expected to have a dead or at least undriveable car on my hands so today has been a good day.
    Nice! Any sign of fluids on the garage floor where it’s been standing? If not, you might be lucky. Top everything up, especially the tyres. Get it booked in, give the brakes a good hard go a few times on your drive (the long way round) to the test centre, and you might not have too hard a time.

Nope, nothing on the garage floor.  Cheers for the tips.  Going to phone the garage tomorrow.  Leadtime for MOTs is about a week (phoned last week for an appointment for the Mazda and Thursday was the earliest they could manage) but it's hardly S2000 weather at the moment anyway.
  • The MOT extension from lockdown expires in early November, so test centres are snowed under right now. About a week is pretty good going!
  • Yeah, I'm fine with that.  The benefits of living in a small town rather than a city.
  • Bought myself a 19 plate corsa sri vx line black nav in polar white with black alloys. I look like a boy racer. Cars mint.

Bought my mrs a Vauxhall crossland x pre reg 69 plate with 8 miles on the clock. 130 brake horse power.

Her cars got 280 miles on it and its been in 3 garages with an engine warning light. Rac reckon its a coil pack and the cars system showed a missfire cylinder 1. 2nd vauxhall dealer did fuck all after 2 days of having it. Despite the rac bringing it in, they couldn’t find anycode so decided not to investigate cylinder 1. Had a massive row with the service manager as he flat refused to check it. Rude arrogant prick he was.

2 days later car triggers 5mph limp mode mid island pull out whilst my mrs is driving it. Same fuckkng fault but sounds shit and wont go over 10mph.

Car now in the other local Vauxhall garage who cant look at it till Monday. New car been off road a total
    Of 6 days out of 11 owned.

Vauxhall customer services takes 5 days to respond to a complaint apparently.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Sounds like the nightmare my mum had with her Skoda.
    Engine kept randomly cutting out which is obviously very dangerous.

Took it in. Computer says no issues so there must be no issues right! Fucking pricks.

This happened several times over.
    My bro drove it around for a while and replicated the fault but couldn't diagnose it (he was a Seat apprentice before so knew a bit about Skodas and is a bit of a car whisperer).

Eventually the technician offered to drive it as a daily for a week. It happened to him as well.

He recommended the dealership give my mum her money back as there was a fault but no way of diagnosing it. They refused because they legally didn't have to.

She eventually traded it back to them for an Ibiza losing about £3k.
  • Oh fuck
    PSN - minkymu
  • Hopefully you will have more luck mate.
  • You’ve probably got grounds to reject it ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I mean, it does sound like a fucked coil pack, but if the ECU isn’t registering it as a fault then that’s a problem too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Less than 30 days I’d hand it back
  • For sure with what amounts to absmyal after sales service too.
    The Forum Herald™
  • This is quite an announcement.

El942jiX0AIsIbB?format=jpg&name=medium
  • I would be very into a short wheelbase Bowler Defender. The renders circulated so far show a long wheelbase, but still. Huge news for petrolheads.
  • El944DrWkAERzXQ?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like a Forza model, to be fair.
  • It’s a bit like when renault sold the 12 shape to Dacia or fiat sold the shape to Lada!
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's good marketing. The layman will look at that and think "wow, that Land rover is awesome". Its free promotion really.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!