Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • 400 to 800 people is a huge number of people to be cleared onto a top secret project. Absolutely huge. No way they would be able to keep that secret with that many people in the know.
    Apple keeps their stuff under wraps and they are just guarding an IP.

That's because a new IP is just an IP and isn't aliens. If Apple could make the next iphone employ alien tech to teleport you anywhere in the galaxy it might, just might, get out.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The groups may be really small, just focusing on a very specific area. They could be paid very very well. They could be told their loved ones will have an accident. They could be convinced the world order rests on their silence. Or all of the above and more. IDK, but this tequila is lovely though.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Apple are much more protective than most companies.
    I worked with a freelance graphic designer who went and did some work for them. He got flown out there, put up in a hotel, shuttled between the hotel and Apple every day. Fully monitored the whole time and kept on paid for a few weeks after his work was done leading up to the announcement.

Apple's leaks seem orchestrated to me. They follow nearly the same pattern every time.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Not if we’re being pedantic, no.

We aren’t. You made a clear and unambiguous statement within a particular context, I disagreed with it within that exact context. It’s not pedantry, it’s me disagreeing with the substance of a statement you made.

It’s you completely missing the point is what it is.
  • The odd thing about this thread is that actual science, post 1905, is fucking nuts in a way the mentals couldn't possibly imagine or comprehend. Nevermind aliens, it throws everything out of the window. Everything. Yet here we are, with the same boring alien bullshit while reality is tossed out of the window entirely yet demonstrably, by stunned scientists who nobody cares to listen to because it's too much effort to begin to understand the insanity of what they're saying. It's easier I guess to believe in pedestrian sci-fi.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Not if we’re being pedantic, no.

We aren’t. You made a clear and unambiguous statement within a particular context, I disagreed with it within that exact context. It’s not pedantry, it’s me disagreeing with the substance of a statement you made.

It’s you completely missing the point is what it is.

I mean, it kind of seemed to me that you were quite happily willing to argue the point until you realised I was correct at which point you decided to yell pedantry, but whatever, I’m sure there was another secret point in there that you decided not to focus on that I entirely missed.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    SG, what's boring about discussing one of mankind's greatest questions - are we alone?  Why can't we discuss both cutting edge science and the unexplained?

This shit here is interesting as it gets. 4 top pilots engage a UFO, and what in Neptune's beard was under the ocean?

• I never said it was boring. Just don't believe the bullshit because the non-bullshit is way more interesting.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yet here we are, with the same boring alien bullshit while reality is tossed out of the window entirely yet demonstrably, by stunned scientists who nobody cares to listen to because it's too much effort to begin to understand the insanity of what they're saying. It's easier I guess to believe in pedestrian sci-fi.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I mean, it kind of seemed to me that you were quite happily willing to argue the point until you realised I was correct at which point you decided to yell pedantry, but whatever, I’m sure there was another secret point in there that you decided not to focus on that I entirely missed.

It’s not a secret point, Yoss. It’s a fairly obvious point, but it seems you can’t see the wood for the trees.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Go on then.
  • Yet here we are, with the same boring alien bullshit while reality is tossed out of the window entirely yet demonstrably, by stunned scientists who nobody cares to listen to because it's too much effort to begin to understand the insanity of what they're saying. It's easier I guess to believe in pedestrian sci-fi.

Fucking hell. I'll spell it out then. The boring bit is when Frank next door claims he's been raped by an alien. This would be mildly interesting if Frank lived next door to me but he doesn't. He never does. He lives instead in the press, and by that I mean in a country that's usually America. I don't think Frank thinks strongly about the philisophical implications his anal 'first contact' intrusion might have on the politics of the galaxy but it might relflect something of the Nixon-Trump history that haunts his and our fears.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Appears you're as shit-faced as me. Cheers for the clarification though.
  • I'm always shitfaced. I can still spot a mental at fifty paces. UFO my arse.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Your arse has 3600 flying hours with sea and air radar?
  • I've just had a word with my arse and it's just revealed it's an alien from Phobos and has documents. I stand utterly corrected.
  • Apparently, astronomers and astro-physicists, planetry geologists, biologists and planetry scientists..... think that people who genuinely believe in alien contact are thick as fuck. Seems fair.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Who needs science when you have feelings.  Feeling are science.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Seems fair to ask for the evidence that 'apparently astro-physicists, planetry geologists, biologists and planetry scientists..... think that people who genuinely believe in alien contact are thick as fuck.'

Edited.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Who needs science when you have feelings.  Feeling are science.

Based on being highly trained observers, senior US Navy pilots use their skills and instrumentation to ascertain what something is or isn't.

Let's separate the want to believe from these people who are up there engaging, let's just say some weird stuff.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    hair what are you saying
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    what I said
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yep, Dino there's a two part video Q&A on this a few posts up. But because everyone involved isn't an scientist, they thick as fuck. [citation needed]
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think there is just as much chance (if not more) that the strange sightings are experimental US or Chinese tech rather than UFOs.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    2004 was a long time ago and if any power had this tech then, wouldn't we see even a hint of this capability in other aircraft? Something 40 feet wide, boiling the ocean, virtuality invisible, zig-zagging, jams the F18's radar, then goes to the CAP before disappearing faster than the eye can track from stationary sounds impossible rather than experimental.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    2004 was a long time ago and if any power had this tech then, wouldn't we see even a hint of this capability in other aircraft?

Not necessarily.

Something 40 feet wide, boiling the ocean, virtuality invisible, zig-zagging, jams the fighters radar, then goes to the CAP before disappearing faster than the eye can track from stationary sounds impossible rather than experimental.

Much of what you’ve written here isn’t in that NYT article. Has it come from another source?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's up a few paragraphs, Dino pasted it at 08:21 but here's the NYT link

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

And the two part Q&A with Commander Fravor I posted up further up.

This shit here is interesting as it gets. 4 top pilots engage a UFO.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!