Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's appealing to authority. Someone who used to be in uniform is someone to be trusted. They wouldn't lie for profit/be a crazy person (even if they only served for 3 years and got discharged because they kept eating crayons).
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Hey @Superflyninja i have a new podcast of coast 2 coast am that maybe of interest. Skinwalker Ranch in utah has been sold by bigalow aerospace to a private individual who wants to build on the research BAASS did there. Also in the 2nd half of the podcast they have Robbie Williams on the show (yep ex take that singer). Apparently hes big into the unknown and managed to get to visit skinwalker ranch. Also he talks about the paranormal experiences he has had occur through his life. If you want let me know.
    lol sounds like it would be a bit of a laff (the Robbie bit). Sure would appreciate that cheers
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I'd love to take a listen to that too, Dino. Williams pops up in Jeremy Corbell's recent documentary about the ranch. Amusingly (if I remember correctly) he just appears at some point in the doc without any introduction or anything.
  • I will put the epsiodes on the b&b dropbox. Will let you know when done
  • Done. In dropbox under folder called C2Cam
  • Excellent thanks! 

I've heard plenty about skinwalker ranch, anyone got any debunk linkies or podcasts?
    Ill give the Monster Talk one a whirl.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There's been plenty about how it's pretty much nonsense, I don't collect links on the stuff though. I didn't say the Monster Talk podcast was a debunk btw, just that it was interesting. But the legend of the Skinwalker witch etc has really nothing to do with the ranch at all. It's a ufo story, and not a very convincing one. The book, which purports to be scientific, is full of holes and dodgy research practice. I think the whole case has an aura around it, which actually reading into it dispels.
  • Scout/Superfly if there are any coast2coastam episodes you want. Let me know. If i have them i will stick them in dropbox. I tend to listen to the epsiodes for entertainment while working.
  • Excellent thanks! 

I've heard plenty about skinwalker ranch, anyone got any debunk linkies or podcasts?
    Ill give the Monster Talk one a whirl.

Superfly, there is an astonishing legends three parter about skinwalker ranch.

Blurb:

Could it be that impossible creatures and craft from unimaginable worlds are able to intrude upon ours at will? Real Estate magnate Robert T. Bigelow thought so and assembled a team of scientists and researchers to find out if “Skinwalker Ranch” could be a portal to all manner of weirdness. In order to obtain verifiable data, accepted scientific methods were applied to observation and analyzation at the Sherman family property, by Bigelow’s newly formed National Institute for Discovery Science.

Although they encountered a significant number of anomalies, ultimately they could provide no conclusive explanation for these bizarre events – as far as we know. It leaves us to wonder if the Scientific Method can be applied to paranormal events, however, a possible explanation regarding the origin of these incursions into our world might be found in the models currently being worked out in the field of Theoretical Physics and “The Theory of Everything.”

While our best minds “do the math” on the mechanics of our universe and existence, consider this: as frightening as any monster you could encounter at Skinwalker Ranch is the realization that there are aspects of our reality that are beyond our comprehension and control.

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2017/2/6/ep-045-skinwalker-ranch-part-1

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2017/2/6/ep-046-skinwalker-ranch-part-2

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2017/2/7/ep-047-skinwalker-ranch-part-3
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The stories concocted at Skywalker Ranch are more credible than the SKinwalker Ranch stories.  Skinwalker Ranch dressing though, I sense a gap in the market/disturbance in the market force
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • It’s already been done... 

(In spoooky voice)

...In another dimensioooooooonnnn.
  • Or you can just get it from Pizza Express.
  • Skinwalker is a skincrawler of a name.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    nother dimension? another dimension! nother dimension!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • @Dinostar77 Ill take any coast 2 coast podcasts that are going plz :D 

Cheers Ill check out the Astonishing Legends episodes. Gone off those guys lately they are getting a bit TOO dry.
    Regarding Skinwalker. I now watched the first 3 episodes of the new show. Interesting actually but HIGHLY frustrating. 
    Cutting out all the nonsense, it does appear at least like there is some electromagnetic strangeness going on there. Some natural phenomena that is not yet understood.
    In episode 2 they loose contact with their weather balloon, all the sensors fail. So why not send up another? The teams sweeping the ranch for radiation etc all clear on day one. Do a week or two of testing. Either the readings made by the permanent investigation team are transient or fake.
  • Gonna post here so not to contaminate the main corona thread. Had a look at a view vids on youtube after i got sent a few links by folk. Some people are truly off their heads with covid. "A new world order conspiracy for population control". "The cure will be a microchip with which they can secretly control us", "was a bioweapon created in a lab that got loose" and so on. You look at the comments on some of these videos and most obviously are in support of the said videos. Its just bonkers.

Now most on here could say pot calling kettle black with me posting on this thread. However thats mostly for fun. This is a serious situation and people are learning all sorts of crap about covid that simply isnt true to any rational person and it affects how they follow the rules for this pandemic. Anyway just a rant.

I'll say it before some else does: ITS ALIENS SCULLY!
  • Yep. Terrified me watching my Mum get into some of that shit about the virus being an engineered weapon. I’ve posted in the Covid thread about my wife’s pal who is 100% lunatic on it all and believes that viruses are not contagious. People that deluded are a danger to us all right now.

Shoutout to the bloke who just drove past my window wearing a pair of bright yellow Marigolds to hold his steering wheel. Compare and contrast.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:

tumblr_ppm4itSEUp1w19tn3o3_250.gifv
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Gonna post here so not to contaminate the main corona thread. Had a look at a view vids on youtube after i got sent a few links by folk. Some people are truly off their heads with covid. "A new world order conspiracy for population control". "The cure will be a microchip with which they can secretly control us", "was a bioweapon created in a lab that got loose" and so on. You look at the comments on some of these videos and most obviously are in support of the said videos. Its just bonkers.

Now most on here could say pot calling kettle black with me posting on this thread. However thats mostly for fun. This is a serious situation and people are learning all sorts of crap about covid that simply isnt true to any rational person and it affects how they follow the rules for this pandemic. Anyway just a rant.

This is why I get a bit worked up about people engaging with nonsense (as I see it). There is a link between believing in/engaging with the type of stuff posted in here, and believing in other crazy, more dangerous conspiracies.
  • That is about where I am at Goober. These things play off each other, they are parts of the same.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    You'll all be laughing the other side of your melted face when they arrive.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I disagree, i enjoy the stuff in here and dont see the harm in it. Though there are degrees to how far down the rabbit hole one can go. As for the covid stuff its nuts and silly. Anyway thats my own opinion.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    To be clear, I don't think that goes for everyone (and not for most in this thread) but it certainly applies on a macro level.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just because I'm kind of passionate about this stuff, I'll repeat myself from earlier in the thread.
    It's still important to call out bullshit when you see it though.

The human mind is a pretty stupid thing. Here's a few reasons why just discussing crazy things, without a counter argument, can be dangerous;

When it comes to believing something of which you personally have no way of verifying:

• Multiple sources are more persuasive than a single source, especially if those sources contain different arguments that point to the same conclusion.

• Receiving the same or similar message from multiple sources is more persuasive.

• People assume that information from multiple sources is likely to be based on different perspectives and as such worth greater consideration.

• Communications from groups to which the recipient belongs are more likely to be perceived as credible. The same applies when the source is perceived as similar to the recipient.

Now, let's talk about just talking about stuff:

• Repeated exposure to a statement has been shown to increase its acceptance as true.

• The “illusory truth effect” is well documented, whereby people rate statements as more truthful, valid, and believable when they have encountered those statements previously than when they are new statements.

• When people are less interested in a topic, they are more likely to accept familiarity brought about by repetition as an indicator that the information (repeated to the point of familiarity) is correct.

• When processing information, people often save time and energy by using a frequency heuristic (favoring information they have heard more frequently).

• Even with preposterous stories and urban legends, those who have heard them multiple times are more likely to believe that they are true.

• If an individual is already familiar with an argument or claim (has seen it before, for example), they process it less carefully, often failing to discriminate weak arguments from strong arguments.

But we all know its bollocks right? It's just a bit of fun, no one really believes the crazy stuff, right? :

• In a phenomenon known as the “sleeper effect,” low- credibility sources manifest greater persuasive impact with the passage of time. While people make initial assessments of the credibility of a source, in remembering, information is often dissociated from its source. Thus, information from a questionable source may be remembered as true, with the source forgotten.

• Information that is initially assumed valid but is later retracted or proven false can continue to shape people’s memory and influence their reasoning.

• Even when people are aware that some sources have the potential to contain misinformation, they still show a poor ability to discriminate between information that is false and information that is correct.

Yeah, but we have evidence, and expert witnesses!" There's a reason why people who are trying to convince you of a conspiracy theory claim they have 'evidence' when they don't, and that people are 'experts' when thay aren't:

• The presence of evidence can override the effects of source credibility on perceived veracity of statements.

• In courtroom simulations, witnesses who provide more details—even trivial details—are judged to be more credible.

• Peripheral cues, such as the appearance of expertise or the format of information, lead people to accept—with little reflection—that the information comes from a credible source.

• Expertise and trustworthiness are the two primary dimensions of credibility, and these qualities may be evaluated based on visual cues, such as format, appearance, or simple claims of expertise.

So, by all means keep discussing crazy things, but when you start talking about nonsense like baby farms in Brazil, don't take it personally when people shout it down as the nonsense it is, they are doing you a favour.

• An alien wrote that. Its what they want you to believe.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:

An alien wrote that. Its what they want you to believe.

• Receiving the same or similar message from multiple sources is more persuasive.

• Communications from groups to which the recipient belongs are more likely to be perceived as credible. The same applies when the source is perceived as similar to the recipient.

• Repeated exposure to a statement has been shown to increase its acceptance as true.

SEE!
  • Dinostar77 wrote:

Why’ve i never seen this before?  Plz use in every thread.  TYVM.
  • Here's my tuppence worth.

Alien sightings: Nope
    God: Nope
    Ghosts: Nope
    ESP: Nope
    Fake Moon landings: Nope
    Any global conspiracy government thing: Nope
    Any ancient shadowy group secretly controlling the world: Nope
    Crazy 5G conspiracy stuff: Nope

Ubiquitous tech making people angry and miserable: Yes
    Big data breaches and huge scale government privacy violations using said ubiquitous tech : Yes
    Government cover ups due to incompetency: Yes
    Military cover ups - tech, biological testing and generally being bastards: Obviously
    Quantum Mechanics: Yes (too mad and accurate to be made up - humans lack the imagination required to be that bizarre)
    We are living in a simulation: Big probability
    Life on other planets: Big probability
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I reckon that those last two are unlikely ever to be proven and will forever remain questions for philosophers rather than scientists.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!