Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So what I've been doing, rolling to the side and using pitch to adjust and then flattening out is the only real way to turn horizontally quickly? (im talking specifically in space stations).
    Do you not want to get a docking computer? Makes it so simple, parks for you!

From ps4 thread
    The problem with the docking computer is that it takes up valuable space which could be allocated to something far more important. The computer also gets in the landing queue so could take a lot longer than the traditional method of barging straight in. Also, unlike the original, you don't have to be lined up just right to get in, most ships will fit in sideways too.
  • All true and valid point.
    However a docking computer allows you to make a cup of tea whilst it parks! I'll take that every time
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Could you get a Teasmade installed where the docking computer was?
  • After many, many hours I bought a dock comp. I'm talking like 100 hours tho.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    At least it plays the Blue Danube, I suppse.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    It is, but the horizontal turn is so slow that it's useless for anything other than adjusting flight path. You can't realistically use it to turn the ship around.

I think if you turn off flight stability assistance (or something along those lines) it is much quicker.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye but then you go spinning off into the sun.
  • I found two space stations in the same system that had a shit tonne of delivery missions back and forth between them. I made a million in 20 minutes by flying from one neighbouring station to the next and back.
    Just stupidly easy money.

I spent it all on MOAR GUNS
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The economy changes so that won't last.
  • Aye but then you go spinning off into the sun.
    Yup it's good for dogfighting but not for precision.
  • Ive done a couple of data delivery missions now! Its pretty awesome so far. In a boring way :D
    Just one thing, I have a mission to bring fish to a system. One of the import locations listed is the system I started in so I returned there and went to a space station and it had no fish. Do I have to manually visit each station to check for a commodity?
    Or is there some way for scanning?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • https://eddb.io/

Search commodities and put your current system in as a starting point.
  • When you are looking at buying a new ship - get rid of the suicidewinder as soon as possible - go here and check it out. Then build the modules, then weep at the cost. 

https://coriolis.io/

I went Adder> Asp Explorer> Fer de Lance/Anaconda> Federal Corvette
  • There a metric fuck tonne of stuff the game won't tell you, faction ranks, permit systems, engineered weapons, data scanning, insurance, power play, setting module power priorities, system pips and shield boosting etc... you are on your own in the cold hard vacuum of space. 
    Alone with Google anyway.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    https://eddb.io/ Search commodities and put your current system in as a starting point.
    excellent thanks!!
  • Had a very scary situation yesterday, was flying in supercruise when I realise I'm rapidly approaching a high combat zone, suddenly I find myself being interdicted.
    As I enter the fight I get hit by a missle which knocks out my thrusters.
    Somehow the huge fight rages around me and I'm left in the middle, dead, with no power to my thrusters.
    I rapidly start cutting power to other systems and trying to initiate a repair on my thrusters with no result.

I try the reboot option on my systems panel, I sit in silence for a minute whilst all my systems shit down and reboot, just the sound of my pilot struggling to breathe as the oxygen gets shut down.

All lights come back on and yet still no thrust.

All I can manage is slight lateral movements initiated on the right stick.

Someone somehow smashes into the back of me which starts me moving towards the planet, caught by its gravitational pull, I hit hard right on the right stick which starts a small spiral.
    I start to accelerate as I spiral faster. I hit the boost button. It works! My speed increases as my frameshift drive comes back online.
    It begins to charge as my speed increases and then suddenly MY THRUSTERS WORK AGAIN!

I quickly accelerate to SuperCruise speed and make my way to the nearest station to repair my ship.

My heart was racing, I love this game!
  • Dying has some bastard money consequences but it's not really that bad so it's testament to the atmosphere that your heart gets a bit poundy in situations like yours.
    I've lost my canopy in my Asp once or twice and hightailing out of a combat zone with the po po chasing you and a timer counting down to oxygen depletion was very flappy bum time. I was thankful for the docking comp that day.

handy hint - you probably already know
    If you get interdicted it's usually easier and quicker to throttle down and submit, then as soon as you are in normal space max throttle and fly in a straight line, pips to shields, wait for your FSD to cooldown and jump back into frame shift.

If your foe is in a much faster ship you can quickly select any of the nearby solar systems in your systems panel and High Wake out without waiting for the FSD to cooldown.
  • Oh and for the noobzorz
    NEVER ever fire on a pirate unless you have either been fired upon first OR you have selected them and completed the ID scan and got the WANTED designation.
    EVEN if every system authority vessel is already firing on the crim and you are 1000% positive its a crim DO NOT OPEN FIRE UNTIL YOUR SCAN IS COMPLETE.
    Otherwise you will get a wanted tag of your own a fine for about 100 creds and every vessel will turn on you.... for a measly 100 creds.

Other noob handy hints:
    This game has a tendency to bite you in the ass every singly time you think you are the man and have everything sussed  – you will fuck up.

Never go AFK either I can guarantee that that's the time you FSD right into a supergiant sun or pancake onto the surface of a high gravity planet or something.

Never take on a wing of wanted ships solo unless you are in your super-gank-machine-elite-corroding-laser-juggernaut. It's not Wing Commander you will get shafted.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    First purchase should be gimballed guns, which swivel and track enemies. You haven't a chance in hell of hitting anything with the standard guns
  • Trudat - but not turreted.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Turrets tend to get you into trouble.
  • Remember fuel scoops for long distance travel,
    I just found out the hard way.

Remember you cant fuel scoop every star,
    Found that the hard way too.

Im at the base under construction that wants power generators etc for this weeks community goal.
    (blackmount orbital)

Keep getting failed to communicate with server after travelling so far to get here with 16 power generators in my cargo!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I forget if there's crossplay? Could get a Badger Squadron designation.
  • KGBFOAM
    The star types that can be scooped.
  • No cross play.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I got this on PS4 too, after envying PC players for years. 
    Trying out the cheapo version (no Horizons).

Love it so far, though all i've done is a few tutorials and then jetted off into space visiting random space stations, not knowing what the hell i'm doing. Gonna start on some delivery missions next, while keeping an eye out for Wanted ships to blast at.
  • I bought a new ship last night. A shiny new Eagle. This game does NOT like PlayStation sleep mode. Its fun though. Getting the hang of the flight controls a bit now. It really feels like space (so so Id imagine) in comparison to NMS.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Yeah, I found space stuff so disappointing in NMS, this has loads more depth/simulation vibes.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Vastik wrote:
    Yeah, I found space stuff so disappointing in NMS, this has loads more depth/simulation vibes.

This is kind of what I was talking about when I was talking about (and being derided for) NMS lacking a sense of scale.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!