[kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    :)
  • Nice. I was looking at a CBR600 or a GSX750R

Here's my new bike:

J1diRTx

I'll take some better shots and upload them at some stage.
  • Or I'll just work out how to uploaded one!

Should be working, but here it is: http://imgur.com/J1diRTx

• I actually quit
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Or I'll just work out how to uploaded one!

Should be working, but here it is:
    J1diRTx_zpssi6v44ee.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Imgur playing up, so I switched it to photobucket
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Cheers. I figured it was me. Maybe we did break the internet after all.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Don't think I have a picture of my Transalp, but it's such a great bike. Looks like shit after a night on the streets in Barcelona (white paint splatters on the plastic bits, haven't managed to get that off yet. Luckily the piss that was on my rear wheel had washed off by now, that was nasty. Still telling myself it was from a dog).

Feel stupid that I decided to change to chain in the winter, only 2000km with the new chain and sprockets and they're rusty because of the salt that gets thrown in street when it freezes. Need to clean that when the weather is slightly better.

I'm going to want that new Africa Twin at some point though, and if I ever find myself in the right environment I want a little cross bike. Had one in Marrakesh for a day and it's so much fun. 80km/h is the max of that thing, but bumps and potholes are so much more fun.
  • I wondered whether you'd passed the full test! I read through this thread when it popped up again and I don't think you ever said that you'd passed. Would have been a few years ago now no doubt.

I work with someone who has a Transalp, so I know the bikes. Haven't used one though. I've only used Hornets and Triples since I got my full license. Once you've tried a Triple, it's easy to settle. They're really great bikes.

It was dog piss. Absolutely.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm already on my third bike since I passed the test. Once I got vehicle control down I passed the road bit quite easily. My mind just blocks when I need to do things in a certain way. Still no good at slow movements, but I don't care as long as I'm having fun.

Had two Yamaha Maxims before this one, crashed the first one within 3 weeks of getting my license, shouldn't have bought the second one, wasn't in the state it was supposed to be in. Wasn't as fast as the first one I got either, that was quite a nice bike. Looks a bit like a chopper, but has quite a powerful engine. Frame of the second one is still in the living room, need to get rid of it. Sold all the useful parts a long time ago.

I love the Alp, only downside is that it's a bit high, so if the road is slippery or muddy, it's hard to get grip with my foot if I stand still. I have to be careful where to park if it's chilly.

I've always liked the look of the Triumph Tiger (it is the tiger I think) saw it live once and was in love, till I saw the price. Might get one in 20 years time.

For now, I'm going with Honda. It's been behaving quite good for as long as I have it. Apart from battery problems, but that's a Honda thing, so part of the bikes character.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm considering possibly maybe buying a scooter/moped thing. Looking for a 125cc bike, good for in the city but also possibly stretches of motorway. Current possibilities are a Honda PCX, a Kymco 125i thingy or maybe a Suzuki. Anybody got any experience/recommendation?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If you're thinking 125 because of CBT then I don;t think you can run it on motorways without either a full/restricted bike license, not just a CBT same with pillion
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cognitive behavioural therapy?

I'm thinking 125 because I only have a B license.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah, I forgot Spain, in which I've no clue

CBT - Compulsory Bike Test, it's basically a few maneauouvuouores (can't spell that) and a half hour on the road under supervision so you can show that you know how to ride. So they don't let you ride dual carriageways or take pillion with it, but I've no ieda what the score is over there as far as how licenses are transferrable across member states
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have the normal B license for driving a car etc. I can drive a scooter up to 125cc with it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So only a scooter? Automatic etc? Was gonna say a Yamaha YBR but that's a light motorcycle, they got them at the school I got my license. 

Maybe it's smart to rent one first for a couple of days, specially if you wanna go on the motorways. See if you can pass by trucks fast enough, and if you feel safe enough doing that. One of the best things about an actual motorcycle is that it's so easy to get past something. For city it should be fun enough to get one, we rented some scooters in Malaga last time, was lovely getting out into the mountains with them.

Suzuki is the Burgman right? Don't have much experience with them but see them a lot around.

Really miss having a bike here in California, will probably get one at some point, either a Yamaha Bolt or Harley Sportster. Usually not my thing, but they fit the whole thing here, everyone is on a chopper style bike.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hmm, yeah, renting for a while might be a good idea. I could do another test for the bike license but I'm far too lazy. I don't know much about scooters at all but the Burgman looks nice and solid and the Kymco Dink is the highest power 125 scooter you can get, I think, within the parameters for driving on a B license anyway. Looks nice too.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Always knew Sons of Anarchy was missing summat.

America, fuck no.

(I'm sure 1:43's an episode of Renegade.)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Seen this one, Escape?

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    What's scary is that they've modified the ground clearance to lean over a lot more than they're supposed to!

I watched a guy dragging his toe sliders on a touring bike last year, and although its lean angle was surprisingly far, it took a lot longer to change direction than I'd be happy with.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!