Games what "we" wrote
  • You could 'damp' the movement based on a vector lerp and deltaTime which means not so much the touch is less sensitive more the movement is less twitchy (if thats whats happening), cause i'd figure the way to change touch sensitivity directly is to reduce the frequency it's detected, erm, or something, i'd find the movement more easy to control than the touch sensitivity itself anyways, thinking aloud

I should actually see for myself, can you pm me a link to the apk?
  • Had never heard of LibGDX, I like the whole cross platform angle... Is there a large jump in performance when you test your mobile games on a desktop or laptop, or do you fix/force a frame rate?
    well there does seem to be a difference testing on the android emulator. so i actually just leave my phone connected and test directly on that....not hugely into the cross platform side right now. just building for android....im porting the fart game to libgdx right now and that should mean the leaderboards should work...
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I have an idea that im going to run with for my next(ie 1st "original" game). I want to build an FTL style game for android. I want to merge that FTL style of game with the planetary exploration of the first mass effect with the aim of really capturing that feeling of being so very isolated and cut off from everything. Ive got a rough plan right now and will start building(using ligbgdx) once im finished porting my other game. I know my graphic skills arent up to such a challenge yet...and it would need some very atmospheric audio but if anyone has interest in collaboration drop me a pm :D
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    OMG we call all create an OUYA game!

http://killscreendaily.com/create/

(By the way, I don't have any current desire to create an OUYA game.)
  • In 2004 I started out to make a Lucas style point and click called 'Legend Of The Lost Lagoon - Sadly I never got the time to develop and finish it:

476859547_a6949b36b5_o.gif

476839740_9ecbe1f98c_o.jpg

476859549_09f2d7900a_o.jpg

476859551_71327567e1_o.jpg

476839766_b937d497a1_o.png

476839758_1505589c34_o.jpg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That looks great!  very high quality art.  you should resurrect it on iPad - you'd get my 69p :-)
  • God I want you to finish that.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Farkin' 'ell, that's utterly incredible man, it'd sell if you made it.
  • yeah, that looks like some professional grade stuff.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Cheers guys - I'd love to pick it up again some day but the time involved is just too much for me at the moment.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I seemed to have turned back to Qix.  (Thanks for the feedback on my cubey thing though everyone - it will get actioned!!)

Fixed some bugs to it all works pretty smoothly now, and the triangulation is right.  And I have a baddie - but not one that bounces around right.  I need to find an original version to borrow the AI from I think!  It's like a line right that bounces around?  But how does it bounce?!  And I need to have it able to kill you.  And then there were other dudes walking around the outside weren't there?  Or a fuse when you started drawing??  I shall have many flavours of baddie i think - the bouncy one is the most fun though.  Once that's done I can start sprucing it up :-)

@Edit: They have names!! "The Qix"! "Sparx!" "Spritz!" "The Fuse" "Spiral Death Trap".  Sounds like WWF.
  • That looks amaze dan. There'd be a kickstarter project pitch right there.

My development has slumped. I need a pick me up to get the ball running. I know this is a mainly Android dev thread at the moment but does anyone have a link to a good Apple Interface Builder tutorial? Preferably one that isn't youtube based. I don't like those ones.
  • Give me bullets goddamn you!
  • Wow i think i remember those screenshots. Really really good. Even the font looks authentic :D
  • Pablo - I think I need you shouting that at me constantly to get me properly motivated.
    I have time off this weekend so I should dig my heels into it somewhat. I'm the kind if person that needs progress to remain focused and I think I dived into the deep end a bit too early. Baby steps of progress first I think.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    And I have a baddie - but not one that bounces around right.  I need to find an original version to borrow the AI from I think!  It's like a line right that bounces around?  But how does it bounce?!

IIRC: Two points, bounce them off the walls, draw a line between them. Kill player if that line intersects the one the player's drawing.

Assuming you know what the other things do, since you've got their names.

And, since I'm pedantic, technically it's not AI if it's not making any decisions.
  • Volunteers needed!!!
    Hi all, Ive ported my Super Farting Jump Boy game to libgdx along with some improvements. All i need to do is get a bitmap font displaying,integrate swarm and an apprater class. So I was wondering if anyone would care to test it out for me please? Just looking to make sure that none of the UI goes off screen etc. If you pm i can give a dropbox link.

Thanks lots :D
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Volunteers needed!!! Hi all, Ive ported my Super Farting Jump Boy game to libgdx along with some improvements. All i need to do is get a bitmap font displaying,integrate swarm and an apprater class. So I was wondering if anyone would care to test it out for me please? Just looking to make sure that none of the UI goes off screen etc. If you pm i can give a dropbox link. Thanks lots :D

Android, right? Once my Nexus shows up, I'll be well up for downloading stuff from this thread! : D
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Volunteers needed!!! Hi all, Ive ported my Super Farting Jump Boy game to libgdx along with some improvements. All i need to do is get a bitmap font displaying,integrate swarm and an apprater class. So I was wondering if anyone would care to test it out for me please? Just looking to make sure that none of the UI goes off screen etc. If you pm i can give a dropbox link. Thanks lots :D
    Android, right? Once my Nexus shows up, I'll be well up for downloading stuff from this thread! : D
    yup. gimme a shout cheers :D
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm happy to test (on an S2).  PM with deets!
  • @Shabby: can I shout at you too?

You're an iOS dev, right? Did I read at one point that you were trying out cocos 2D? If so, done much, is it good?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    AJ_ wrote:
    IIRC: Two points, bounce them off the walls, draw a line between them.

But it might be a concave and the line might leave the bit it's allowed in :-(

I'm sure it's still not too hard, but for some reason there are lots bits of this that end up being not-as-completely-trivial-as-i-thought-they'd-be!
  • Everyone can shout at me!

And yes, iOS is what I do. The amount of Cocos2d I've done has been quite good. It streamlines a lot of the stuff that can be tricksy with 2d stuff and easily implements physics too. It was really quick and easy for me to get the screen full of bullets to test performance and it seems to run quite well although that's without AI, etc etc.
    I'd recommend giving it a look if you want to do 2d stuff, there's some good literature out there too. Probably more up to date stuff than the book I got, the title of which I cannot remember. Skerret should have my copy I think so might be able to say.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's called Learning COCOS2D.  Wacky title.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    In 2004 I started out to make a Lucas style point and click called 'Legend Of The Lost Lagoon - Sadly I never got the time to develop and finish it: 476859547_a6949b36b5_o.gif 476839740_9ecbe1f98c_o.jpg 476859549_09f2d7900a_o.jpg 476859551_71327567e1_o.jpg 476839766_b937d497a1_o.png 476839758_1505589c34_o.jpg
    PRESS THE FUCK ON

I have a p+c in me, somewhere.  I can live through you for the now.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    AJ_ wrote:
    IIRC: Two points, bounce them off the walls, draw a line between them.
    But it might be a concave and the line might leave the bit it's allowed in :-( I'm sure it's still not too hard, but for some reason there are lots bits of this that end up being not-as-completely-trivial-as-i-thought-they'd-be!

Good point. Looking at some videos, it doesn't move like I suggested either and may well be positioned from a single point. Some kind of length/rotation system might work.
  • i just remembered why i "don't have the time" to (learn how to) make a game...it's not that i couldn't find a spare hour or two on most days, it's that what happens is i sit down in front of unity with a plan to mess about with an idea (as i did last night)...and suddenly it's 5 hours later and well into the small hours of the morning!  and usually with nothing constructive to show for it, only a few hours of bed time before kids start waking up, and a brain that's over-active and thus won't let me sleep properly anyway.

so instead i vegetate on the sofa lamenting my 'lack of time'... :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Howdy, Ive released v2 of the farting game. Obtainable freely here
    I did know that it may not work on certain devices, but the only way to troubleshoot was to release and get the stacktraces from the dev console.
    Much appreciated if any of ye DL 
    :D
  • I've just crashed it a couple of times, hopefully you'll see some reports.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Worked fine for me - though I didn't do any swam stuff.

One possible bug: if you collapse a platform below a can of whoopass / fart juice / whatever it is, you can still fall down & collect the can & you jump even though the platform has gone.  This may be a "feature" though!!  Good stuff though - plays well and looks good!

Back in Qix land: "Spiral of Death" and "The Fuse" are working well in combo (though needs some tuning).  So you can now die.  But you can't yet win :|.  Also need to work on them other baddies!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!