Remember remember the 25th of December
  • Normally my Christmas day is a bit hectic with it starting in the morning at my mum's giving presents before heading to a family friend's house for nibbles and drinks. Then not long after arriving we head off again, normally an hours drive up to Melbourne, to my uncle's where we do the normal Christmas lunch. It's actually been better the last few years now that most of the cousins are of an age where they can actually be useful and the rest of the family has opened up a little and had more fun (story of my Auntie asking her father if he died in the war was a particular highlight last year) than they normally would.

Then, after that I scoot back down to the same family friend's house where I spend the rest of the night with my two longest running friends and we open the presents we bought for each other and play games and watch movies till late-late-late. I always look forward the last portion of the day.

Normally there's a dinner with my dad in the days around that too.

This year being in London I'm not sure what I'll do. Does London completely shut down on the day? Maybe I'll go for a ride and check out the city or something. Hopefully I'll have gotten my secret santa present and will have that to open in the morning.

As for Japan, I loved it. Was only there for 10 days, mind, and they were spread out over Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo but I'll definitely be going back there soon for a longer trip.
  • I like the idea of Christmas, but the reality is somewhat different.
    It's a bit pointless if you are single, have no children, and don't do the big family get together thing.
    I'm busy this year too, so I don't really have time for it. Thinking of booking into a hotel in Dundee for Xmas day as I'm doing a match there on boxing day.
    I generally just give lots of money to various kids charities rather than waste money on tat people neither want nor need.
    Have also been known to wander the streets giving money, sandwiches and cups of tea to various local homeless types.

it's nice to be nice

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I could get into that.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Also, Fucking G.man, your humanity knows no bounds.

Double-humbled

T.empy

Skerret wrote:
    You may join me for xmas Tempu.

I will ship myself to you in a bocks

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    xoWJl.jpg
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    A Tempy is for life, not just for Xmas.
  • gman reminds me: to the kids play thread!
  • Good man!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Out in Manchester last night and popped into one of the German markets, where I heard my first Carol of the year being sung by a competent bunch. I love the German markets, they make the build up to Christmas even more special.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Thinking of booking into a hotel in Dundee for Xmas day

3, 2, 1...

Jesus Christ!

Who I own, incidentally. Wee wooden baby in a manger. Got the full collection, plus a few Play-Doh animals and a cardboard stable. I'll set it all up and eat some Vampire Teeth.
  • g.man wrote:
    Have also been known to wander the streets giving money, sandwiches and cups of tea to various local homeless types. it's nice to be nice g.man

Almost let out a tear there. Very nice.

In other news. Fake transparency has been replaced with a red hat. WHAT?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I'm a Christmas spaz. I like shit tinsel those blow moulded wall hanging Santa things. Dancing santas? YES!

I am that annoying prick that plays Xmas songs for a month in the office.

Main reason I love Xmas is that people are less boring, they get drunk, eat crap, give stuff and are generally more charitable. Plus no-one judges you for drinking 3 days straight with every meal including breakfast.
    Bucks fizz is genius!
  • Also, stuffing.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I have started making stuffing from conception to eating reality. It is full of sausage meat and is thus GOOD.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • my sons first Christmas.

Nuff said. Can't wait
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ditto!

I love Xmas, when I think of winning the lottery my first thought is how good Xmas would be in a nice big house with the money to spoil my friends and family something rotten. The reality is that I will be on the sofa playing Far Cry 3 eagerly waiting for Christmas dinner and wondering just how early I can get away with opening the wine!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sounds like you'll be more excited than your pup.

Edit: @Rev, obvs.
  • All it takes is for someone to ring the doorbell and I go CRAZY..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Ditto!

I love Xmas, when I think of winning the lottery my first thought is how good Xmas would be in a nice big house with the money to spoil my friends and family something rotten. The reality is that I will be on the sofa playing Far Cry 3 eagerly waiting for Christmas dinner and wondering just how early I can get away with opening the wine!

I'm with you guys. My classroom has been tinselled oot its nut and I'm all over the XMAS choons. Can't wait to get stuck into dad's whiskey!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Can't wait to get stuck into dad's whisker!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Ditto! I love Xmas, when I think of winning the lottery my first thought is how good Xmas would be in a nice big house with the money to spoil my friends and family something rotten. The reality is that I will be on the sofa playing Far Cry 3 eagerly waiting for Christmas dinner and wondering just how early I can get away with opening the wine!
    I'm with you guys. My classroom has been tinselled oot its nut and I'm all over the XMAS choons. Can't wait to get stuck into dad's whiskey!

I was going to go full on xmas crazy but with redundancies announced it wouldn't be right. Stupid work.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bugul. My dad has a moustache.

What are you saying.

Why are you trying to corrupt Christmas.
  • Omg there is a new The Snowman on Xmas eve. Bastards better not make me cry, bastards.
  • REG WHY YOU GET INTO A WHISKER?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    REG WHY YOU GET INTO A WESKER?
  • :O
  • Omg there is a new The Snowman on Xmas eve. Bastards better not make me cry, bastards.

The trailer for those interested:

• They have captured the style well but it looks a bit slick. Still looks excellent mind, The Snowman is an absolutely essential part of Christmas for me.
    I also like watching The Nightmare Before Christmas after coming back from the pub on Christmas eve.
  • I can never watch The Nightmare Before Christmas.  I'm kinda odd in that I can't watch a film unless I'm in the mood for it.  When I'm in the mood for the dark, Halloween stuff I'm not in the mood for the Christmas stuff and vice versa.

Various versions of A Christmas Carol (Muppets being the favourite), White Christmas and the Griswolds are my essential viewing at this time of year.

And war films for some reason.  I think the snow and frost outside make me think of Band of Brothers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!