Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    cba eva

mnged 2 trn pg thg innit
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • https://youtu.be/LLHftrd9K4U

Gotta say, seeing nightmare back in action gives me needs. Pity it looks like meter management will be a factor, I loved the purity of 2.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    The story seems absolute trash garbage 

Everyone acknowledge the goonery of bothering to critiscise such a thing. Right now!

Acknowledged.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    https://youtu.be/LLHftrd9K4U Gotta say, seeing nightmare back in action gives me needs. Pity it looks like meter management will be a factor, I loved the purity of 2.

Yes Soul Calibur sure, why not have an grimshit anime fuccboi, why not.
  • Yeah but plowing Nightmare's giant blade into his face with an overhand vertical strike is going to be satisfying.
  • Brooks wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    https://youtu.be/LLHftrd9K4U Gotta say, seeing nightmare back in action gives me needs. Pity it looks like meter management will be a factor, I loved the purity of 2.

Yes Soul Calibur sure, why not have an grimshit anime fuccboi, why not.

I lost you at "an"

SFV - reddave360
  • Groh looks like some emo anime Darth maul garbo.

I'd love Dampierre to come back but I can't see it, rip my sweet moonwalking prince. Algol and Asty both better make it in.

Nightmares horse super looked sick though.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Okay Chiaotzu showed up and now I have to give DBZ story an 11/10. Then I saw Tien has the 'Goodbye Tien' Chaotzu sudoku move, once I finished crying uncontrollably I ran straight here to say that this game is certainly quite something.

The rock/paper/scissors neutral is going to take me a while to get used to, basically fireball is just a single button press for every character, but you have that homing dash move and that vanish move that fuck you up if you throw a fireball and the other person is ready. Then you have the universal parry (FUCK YEA) and I haven't been able to test yet if I can fireball once, bait the counter and then parry the counter attempt.

It plays really differently to other stuff, even other Arcsys stuff (although I haven't played P4A or HNK, so there could be aspects of those in the way this game is setup). The last time I felt like this playing a game was when SF4 Vanilla dropped and I came back from hella years playing Tekken/Soul Cal and had to get used to the whole focus attack mechanic for comboing/feinting/cancelling for safety.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Good stuff! Was gonna play a bit now but MHW. Also, clackety clack of stick and buttons when kids are asleep isn’t ideal.

What’s HNK?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hokuto no Ken, or Fist of the North Star to us westerners.
  • Ah of course.
  • Of course private lobbies are fucked at launch. How the fuck did this happen? BOOOOOOOOO. I seem to recall this was a thing in Xrd at launch so how did it happen again gnnnnnnn.
  • Meanwhile, I have downloaded the EA Access trial for UFC 3.

Ahem. I'll see myself out.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    John Takeuchi's Rashid...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The final (Evo Japan - SF5) will probably start in the next 20mins, if anyone's interested.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Daigo vs Infiltration in the last 3... The more things change, etc.

Also dissing Menat... Watching her played over this pass week... Excellent character play wise. Not a Rose ripoff at all.
  • Cheers for the heads up, will watch this over the afternoon I think!
  • Spoiler:

Good to see some characters I hadn't seen before too.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Meanwhile, I have downloaded the EA Access trial for UFC 3. Ahem. I'll see myself out.

I'll still maintain that Fight Night 3 was one of the more original and well executed fighting games since say, the 3D fighters. Shame EA could never follow up on the good work on the engine itself.

Playing it, spacing and frame data were essential knowledge... Very exaggerated, so that spacing and frame data weren't the terms either a casual or a pro would use...

You were looking at reach and recovery.

Parries were also there. 3D movement. Stamina conservation. Super and special moves... And it was all completely accessible, easy for anyone to pick up, and surprisingly deep control wise.

I think the UFC games were from the same team, but I couldn't get on with them.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Good to see some characters I hadn't seen before too.

Yeah. Didn't go anything like the way the naysayers said it would (Abigail).

Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Meanwhile, I have downloaded the EA Access trial for UFC 3. Ahem. I'll see myself out.

I'll still maintain that Fight Night 3 was one of the more original and well executed fighting games since say, the 3D fighters. Shame EA could never follow up on the good work on the engine itself.

Playing it, spacing and frame data were essential knowledge... Very exaggerated, so that spacing and frame data weren't the terms either a casual or a pro would use...

You were looking at reach and recovery.

Parries were also there. 3D movement. Stamina conservation. Super and special moves... And it was all completely accessible, easy for anyone to pick up, and surprisingly deep control wise.

I think the UFC games were from the same team, but I couldn't get on with them.

Fight night 3 was great alright. I also liked a lot of the mechanics for ufc 1 and 2. They never quite managed a successful submission system but it still was a lot of fun ( until you got to knee clinch anderson)

SFV - reddave360
  • Aye apparently this is much the same. And I echo the Fight Night sentiments. Black Box were brilliant (also behind Skate).
  • I watched the ARMS top 8 instead. It was quite good.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    FUCK. Wanted to see that. What channel? I followed Arms on Twitch  just for the J Evo finals.
    I'll track down the top 4 later.
  • Finding it difficult to play much DBFZ cos it keeps losing connection to server. Can’t I just play single player stuff offline? I’m only doing training for now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I keep reading DBFZ as DRAGON BALL FUCKIN Z
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Finding it difficult to play much DBFZ cos it keeps losing connection to server. Can’t I just play single player stuff offline? I’m only doing training for now.

Yes. There's an 'offline lobby' option there somewhere. On the PC version at least.
  • Just saw a decent video on dealing with the super dash in DBFZ. Every single 2H in the game is either upper body invulnerable (a la the universal anti-air 6P from ya boi GG) or just has invulnerability to airborne attacks so you can use it to punish a super dash and go straight into a combo. Best used if the opponent is flying in from range, also it blows the fuck out of a tag as well if you predict it and you will hit their incoming super dash and can go into a full combo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!