General Bear Knuckle
  • Nice. 

You settled on a trio yet?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Just saw a decent video on dealing with the super dash in DBFZ. Every single 2H in the game is either upper body invulnerable (a la the universal anti-air 6P from ya boi GG) or just has invulnerability to airborne attacks so you can use it to punish a super dash and go straight into a combo. Best used if the opponent is flying in from range, also it blows the fuck out of a tag as well if you predict it and you will hit their incoming super dash and can go into a full combo.

Above post was at this.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Nice.  You settled on a trio yet?

Don't know... I'm enjoying the fact that I know fuck all about Dragon Ball... So no preconceptions.

So far, I like Gotenks and Kid Buu. May also roll with that Goku Black, but there's rush, because I've only played the game twice so far. ~.~
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I’ve never seen a single episode. Even though it used to be on in my house everyday (nephews were big fans).

Goku (Super Saiyan) is the Ryu-type, isn’t he? As in main character and the one used for the tutorials. So I’m already a little used to him. Vegeta looks aight to me and that Tien bloke. There was another interesting one, big bloke who summons a little midget. Fucked me up even on tutorials.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The popular choice right now appears to be Cell, Android 18, and possibly Kid Buu.
    I'll try to get a sesh in tonight.

• Sorry not sorry. Ginyu force are very versatile for all your meme needs.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Errrrr.... what?
  • YOU NEED TO SPEND LESS TIME BEING A FULLY FUNCTIONAL ADULT AND MORE TIME WASTING YOUR LIFE ON THE INTERNET ELF. Tch.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Spoiler:

(edited)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    @Bollo

We've been spoilering talk, just in case peeps want to catch the replays... 
    Spoiler:

I like watching this game. 

20+ years of playing it means I can't drop it easily. But fuck their low rent update scheme. Put up against the Xrd2, or even SF4, and it's clear just how lazy Crapcom's new development model is.

As much as I love Street Fighter generally, I don't think Capcom should be rewarded for their current direction.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Dragon Ball is excellent. Some of the gameplay choices are interesting. Auto combos aren't as big a badger as they've been made out to be...

You're not going to auto combo your way to either an Evo top 8, or an 80 hit combo. So fuck that noise for a start. But I will concede that the more involved combos look as though they will take less work than they would on say, Marvel. That's for sure.

Because of that though, I think this game will take more thought than usual to become successful at a high level. As fireballs, teleportation, homing attacks and super moves are all low execution techniques, your poke options go way beyond crouching mid kicks... 

Space control and defence become extreme arts...

Sure, there's a lot of Marvel in there, but there's also a very light touch of Smash there too... Evasive options (dash back, super jumps, and whatever else), could turn out to be just as important as mastering the combo system. Which didn't feel like the case in Marvel 3, at least.

That's my 2p of Betty Swollocks, anyway.
  • Yeah the big combos in this imho even with tags etc are not something like an MvC3 or a huge GG air combo, add in the specials all on qcfs apart from tag super, and it's a very accessible system compared to those types of games, relatively speaking.

Re: evasion. It's an Arcsys game at heart, knowledge of defence and movement options is crucial to long term success. I think right now as well the parry is overlooked, I saw someone showing it on a video and you can parry multiple ki blasts and multi hitting beam specials with it as well as single blasts and then physical attacks. Also with the teleport, you can make it empty, I think you hold back when teleporting or something and your character will teleport but not do the attack, so you can bait and punish an anti air with it! Such bait, many wow, etc.

Arcsys pls hurry with the private lobby fix.
  • When you're in Sparking State (Burst, X-Factor) you can empty Vanish.
  • Ahhhh. That's the one, well remembered chop. 

In other news, R/Kappa bless. A random memelord has been hard at work. 

• Tier lists plz.
  • Its like Day 2 wotchoo mean tier lists. 

So far I heard Yamcha, 18, Cell and Goku Black are all supposed to be good.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Its like Day 2 wotchoo mean tier lists.  So far I heard Yamcha, 18, Cell and Goku Black are all supposed to be good.

It's a big world and we're all on internet time now.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I think right now as well the parry is overlooked, I saw someone showing it on a video and you can parry multiple ki blasts and multi hitting beam specials with it as well as single blasts and then physical attacks. Also with the teleport, you can make it empty, I think you hold back when teleporting or something and your character will teleport but not do the attack, so you can bait and punish an anti air with it! Such bait, many wow, etc. Arcsys pls hurry with the private lobby fix.

Thought that parry was merely a push block... Interesting if it is a proper Daigo, Wong-off parry...
    Also didn't know about empty teleports.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Its like Day 2 wotchoo mean tier lists.  So far I heard Yamcha, 18, Cell and Goku Black are all supposed to be good.
    It's a big world and we're all on internet time now.

Okay well then:

Good = Yamcha, 18, Cell and Goku Black
    TBC = Errbody else.
  • I am immediately enjoying how Uncanonical this list is.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yeah, but apart from Cell's fabulous chinstrap they're tryhards.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Need to track down the Evo Japan Xrd2 finals now...
  • A great vid that I think shows where people are falling down in the neutral game in DBFZ. It was kind of a penny drop moment for me when I saw it. Useful stuff in here:

• The work that arc gave done in this and the guilty gear from a graphical point of view makes me think capcom should commission them to do a street fighter alpha 4. Maybe a tag game set just before the sf2 timeline, It would potentially appeal to both the mainstream and the hardcore.
    SFV - reddave360
  • As a man who dislikes anime fighters and modern Capcom, I'd fucking buy the shit out of that, d1
  • nick_md wrote:
    As a man who dislikes anime fighters and modern Capcom, I'd fucking buy the shit out of that, d1

Great, then we are in agreement. I will email capcom and cc arc systems to make it so.

SFV - reddave360
  • Bcc me on that pls chief, ta.
  • No probs. I'll ask for a 2018 release date. Seems a reasonable request.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Roujin wrote:
    A great vid that I think shows where people are falling down in the neutral game in DBFZ. It was kind of a penny drop moment for me when I saw it. Useful stuff in here:

Animefighters are too much work, it is official.
  • Says the guy who spent 20 years practicing oro combos.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!