Cyberpunk 2077 - new CDProjekt Red
  • This looks great.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Haven't tried the paid DLC but the 2.0 fix for the OG game is very good. Haven't really played it since the buggy mess at launch but FINALLY it's a great game.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Anyone who has installed the update and opened a save file, what happens? Is your skill tree reset into the new format and you have to respec yourself? Is there an option to switch to the new skill tree? Does anything else change?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I mean, I’m sure there are improvements in the world and whatnot, but I’m thinking about my save file where I’m going back for different endings. If I load that up, can I just put my skill points back where I want them and continue clearing endings?
  • They recommended a fresh start for the update but I think you can still use your old save file. Dunno how it works but I suspect the full freedom of the skill tree will be compromised a bit. In the update you can start down very specific builds from the off.

Here's a breakdown of all the new stuff.

• Started again last night (PS5 - Ray Tracing off). Can't say I'm really noticing that much difference. Same janky ass world, but super immersive.
  • Ah, so they give you all your accumulated perk points from scratch and you have to do a rebuild and spend them all again, though it saves your progress.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Anyone who has installed the update and opened a save file, what happens? Is your skill tree reset into the new format and you have to respec yourself? Is there an option to switch to the new skill tree? Does anything else change?
    The skill trees are very different, so as SG says you get all your perk points refunded and have to reassign them. There are also separate skills that unlock as you play, depending on your play style, which are buffs and stat boosts of various kinds.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Started again last night (PS5 - Ray Tracing off). Can't say I'm really noticing that much difference. Same janky ass world, but super immersive.

I'm finding it way better. The AI is way improved and the customised perk tree is amazing. I can now play it fine with raytracing on low, the bugs are gone, the driving and police response aren't as janky. It's mainly the skill tree though. The level of freedom it offers to do stuff your way is finally up to speed.
  • Have they sorted the aiming on the ps5 version? I played it for a bit and the aiming was terrible.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Have they sorted the aiming on the ps5 version? I played it for a bit and the aiming was terrible.

It's not great in 2.0 either. Obvs m&k makes that redundant but with pad it felt wrong.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Download update on GoG now. In hindsight wish I’d gone Steam but I saved a few quid at the time.
  • Yeah me too. I almost forgot I had this on GOG.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Started again last night (PS5 - Ray Tracing off). Can't say I'm really noticing that much difference. Same janky ass world, but super immersive.
    I'm finding it way better. The AI is way improved and the customised perk tree is amazing. I can now play it fine with raytracing on low, the bugs are gone, the driving and police response aren't as janky. It's mainly the skill tree though. The level of freedom it offers to do stuff your way is finally up to speed.

Cool. I never got that far into the game when I initially tried, so the skill stuff wont seem as apparent to me. Happy to get into it now though! This must look bloody amazing on PC.
  • It’s annoying they don’t support m&k on the PS5 as some (but not many) games do.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    The skill trees are very different, so as SG says you get all your perk points refunded and have to reassign them. There are also separate skills that unlock as you play, depending on your play style, which are buffs and stat boosts of various kinds.

Cheers. Trying to work out if I should hold off on the update to finish the last couple of endings or not. It sounds like it doesn’t matter too much either way.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll need to shift this to me Pc's SSD then
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm interested just to see the new skill trees.
  • This can look crazy good at night. Nvidia must've updated DLSS 2 because my aging 2070 is playing this well with raytaced reflection and lighting.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Might boot this up just to look at the pretties.
  • You should. For some reason when I turned v sync on ingame the frame rate fucked so I used Nvidia panel instead and it sorted it out. What card you got?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    3070 - just updating GeForce driver now.
  • Oh no problem then. I'm on reflections and medium ray tracing and it looks lovely. I'm actually getting into the story now and it's proper good. Too messy on launch to bother with.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tried that path tracing. It obliterated my graphics card. The benchmark ended up running at 24fps.

I've got all the normal RT goodies on and getting around 50 to 60fps.

Went for the street kid this time (last time did Corpo), just did the intro and met up with Jackie. Gonna leave it for now as FFXVI and Starfield stories to finish, but this will be next on the list.
  • Seems like you can respec perks in this without cost? Is that right?

Finding it a blast, it looks so incredible at times and those moments when you segway from bland main road into the most alive and detailed backstreet full of stuff happening are quite wow.
  • Think you can respec at least once for free, but not sure if it’s unlimited.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Seems like you can respec perks in this without cost? Is that right? Finding it a blast, it looks so incredible at times and those moments when you segway from bland main road into the most alive and detailed backstreet full of stuff happening are quite wow.
    Didn't realise you could use a Segway. Doesn't sound very cyberpunk though.
  • It's a shame this came out before it was ready because it's a classic. The side missions are as good as any in The Witcher and when the story, atmosphere and visuals align it's absolutely top tier.
  • The police are now good. It's nicked wholesale from GTA but nothing wrong with that. 

• Can't recall how police worked before, but yeah, it just feels like a GTA clone when trying to reduce wanted level.

One question, when I kill wanted crime, the police come after me still. Am I doing it wrong? Do I still benefit in some way?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!