Cyberpunk 2077 - new CDProjekt Red
  • Excellent.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I think one of the more important improvements is the driving. Not sure it's 2.0 specific but the driving in the first version was horrible. It was the thing that put me most off, that and the bugs. This has GTA driving which is still not amaze but the physics and ease have improved. I can now drive without barging into every fucking lampost.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Are ps5 and sex pretty similar?

Yep.

regmcfly wrote:
    Are the endings fixed? even OUR YOSSARIAN admitted mine was absolute garbage. It also came out of left field given I thought I'd settled down with
    Spoiler:

There are different options available depending on your relationships with various characters throughout the game, specifically:

Spoiler:

Many of these relationships can be failed outright, but the last two in particular are very easy to lock yourself out of if you make the wrong choice at the right time.

There’s also
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    True, although that offers a variant of some of the other endings rather than a whole new ending. Similarly,

Spoiler:

Can offer other variants.
  • Put a bunch of hours into the 2.0 update on a new playthrough in prep for Phantom Liberty. Already paid for and ready to roll when it unlocks. 

Big ol' changes, game feels much more RPG than before. Crafting feels a bit grindier and upgrades on the skill tree feel more expensive (but also more impactful). Build and character choices feel more granular and defined. 

The bread and butter though - the dialogue, the NPC interactions, the side quest stories, the set pieces - that's all the same and it's all brilliant. Adored this game before, still adore it, couldn't be more excited for some sweet CDPR dlc action. 

Also, @reg - know you were unhappy with your ending and didn't feel like it was earnt but...there's several endings, dude. I'm on my 4th playthrough now and I've never actually seen the one you got lol.
  • Just think of what AI is going to do to gaming. At the mo it's confined to giving chatGPT-like answers, like the AI mod in Skyrim. It's pretty cool but fairly soon there'll be games without a defined ending and it'll be up to the AI and you on how it plays out.

Hadn't thought about it before but yeah, for gaming, that sounds incredibly exciting.

I like how you get a perk without understanding its significance and it changes the way you play.
    Yeah, I'm getting a lot of headhunter points for non-lethal takedowns. Not sure if I would have got those for plain kills? Anyone on console have a pref between 60fps and RT modes? I hear RT mode also gives the city a higher population density. Not sure I could live with 30fps, but will give it a go.
    I would. You'll get used to it soon enough no doubt and the increase in ambience will pay off. I was in a tunnel at night after a mission and the lighting made it just lovely to walk around in. It reminded me of when I first saw Ridge Racer on PS1. I'm many hours in and still gawping at the reflections in the puddles

Made the switch. It's funny because after a while, switching back to 60fps feels weird! RT changes are subtle however. Outdoor scenes are really similar, but some of the interiors look better with RT on. I read that on console RT mode only affects shadows and not reflections?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot has the copy that I got off somebody but I thought that was gav... may be misremembering tho, but presume moot is just trying to stitch me up?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Phantom Liberty £16.09 via Iceland store. Bought it straight from the store without any issues.

For anyone that missed it yesterday and is considering it this eve. No changing address, VPN or anything. Just navigate to it and buy.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Made the switch. It's funny because after a while, switching back to 60fps feels weird! RT changes are subtle however. Outdoor scenes are really similar, but some of the interiors look better with RT on. I read that on console RT mode only affects shadows and not reflections?

Ah, makes sense I guess.
  • I preferred the more "filmic" framrate when I played this game on the PS4 Pro.
  • Have gone back to 60fps now. Still looks great.

Having such a blast!
  • It's so absorbing. The first person thing just works so when you're say, sitiing in the car with someone it feels quite intimate. The expansion is looking good. Best CDPR story ever etc.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Moot has the copy that I got off somebody but I thought that was gav... may be misremembering tho, but presume moot is just trying to stitch me up?

Brilliant.
  • This is quite nice. There is a build planner based on new perks on the Cyberpunk site.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/build-planner

My entire build is based on throwing knives at peoples heads. Doesn't get old for me.

Edit: After peaking at the additional perks for Phantom Liberty, it was enough for me to crack. I'm all-in.
  • The one problem I'm having is I forgot who's who. There are bits to read about people and places but still.
  • It's so absorbing. The first person thing just works so when you're say, sitiing in the car with someone it feels quite intimate. The expansion is looking good. Best CDPR story ever etc.

I likened it to being a VR type experience. When you sat down and talked with characters, it was close to feeling like you were sat there with them. Playing Starfield has made me realise just how good Cyberpunk was at achieving that level of immersion.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have to admit, I thought that when I did the prologue mission when I restarted recently. It shows how much RPGs have come on and how far behind Bethesda are on the character side. This and BG3 do the character stuff so much better.
  • It feels like more of an immersive sim than some of the immersive sims. It lets you play very creatively.

Loving some of the v2.0 gameplay I've seen. Can't wait to actually get good at this game. Check the bit where they take out the first cop car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_aPa0BtzBk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Right I need to fire this up this weekend and get over the absolute trash fire ending.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It might melt my 2020 build pc tho
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It might melt my 2020 build pc tho

I had to tweak around a bit but it was worth it. DLSS does so much of the heavy lifting you might be surprised. 1440 for me with ray tracing on medium, reflections on. It looks glorious.

And the rpg builds are great now. Before it was all over the place but now it's easy to build specifically. As Drumbeg says it offers up much more choice in how you play. My netrunner build is tense as fuck and since I basically went all in on a specific build I can't really shoot myself out of trouble. 

Takes a while to get good which forces you to take on the many side missions.

Edit: And start from scratch. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/cyberpunk-2077s-20-update-is-so-good-you-should-consider-restarting-from-scratch
  • ZMM wrote:
    I likened it to being a VR type experience. When you sat down and talked with characters, it was close to feeling like you were sat there with them.

That's exactly it.
  • Started a new game a week or so back to get a character to the point where it can unlock Phantom Liberty. Did the few PL missions last night and, while it's too early to tell what my overall impressions will be, it's clearly impressive stuff.
  • Seems a waste to only have one dlc. Obvs takes a lot of effort for dlc like this but to abondon that world is a shame.
  • Haven't tried the PL stuff yet, but I'm already inclined to agree. Is there no roadmap going forwards? I'd imagine there is more work to be done when we get mid-cycle console upgrades (bumping the settings, RT @ 60ps, more density) so would make sense to throw some goodies in there alongside a future patch. No way they should abandon what they've created right now.

Absolutely loving the game. Every story interaction really draws me into the world. There's just so much going on.
  • They're moving to Unreal engine apparently so have chosen to focus on building a new game with that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!