Cyberpunk 2077 - new CDProjekt Red
  • Not sure but if you interfere with a cops vs gang shootout they always seem to come after you. I've killed random perps in the street without issue. Also any collateral damage gets you a star.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Ha, the sliding out of a moving car with weapon drawn perk is badass.
  • Phantom Liberty £16.09 via Iceland store. Bought it straight from the store without any issues.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Phantom Liberty £16.09 via Iceland store. Bought it straight from the store without any issues.

Does DLC need to be same region as the base game on Xbox?
  • I found the new wanted system to be pretty crappy really. I got out the car in a dead end and the cop cars were queueing up to get shot at. I had wanted stars clear in the middle of a chase a number of times, one time right after I'd shot a cop.

It's still an improvement, of course, but the AI and logic still isn't quite right throughout the game, or can't match the game's ambitions. It'll always be a flawed gem.

Edit: Then again, I'd say the same about Witcher 3. It's combat and systems are pretty shonky. Maybe one day CDPR will figure that stuff out as well.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Can you get the dlc having played a good chunk of the game? Is it just late content, or stuff that changes the early experience too?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Can you get the dlc having played a good chunk of the game? Is it just late content, or stuff that changes the early experience too?
    It comes in after a certain point in the story, so if you've got a late game save, you could get right to it. There's also an option to just play the DLC using a fresh character that starts at a highish level. The DLC missions take place in a new area with new characters, so there's no overlap with the rest of the story (except Keanu's presence).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ok sounds good. Not played it at all yet, but subs like I can dabble with the main game 2.0 before deciding to dlc...
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Phantom Liberty £16.09 via Iceland store. Bought it straight from the store without any issues.

Does DLC need to be same region as the base game on Xbox?

Nope, done it with a few things. Downloaded and ready to go. Shows it as owned on the UK store too.
  • JonB wrote:
    I found the new wanted system to be pretty crappy really. I got out the car in a dead end and the cop cars were queueing up to get shot at. I had wanted stars clear in the middle of a chase a number of times, one time right after I'd shot a cop.

It's still an improvement, of course, but the AI and logic still isn't quite right throughout the game, or can't match the game's ambitions. It'll always be a flawed gem.

Edit: Then again, I'd say the same about Witcher 3. It's combat and systems are pretty shonky. Maybe one day CDPR will figure that stuff out as well.

Yeah it's flawed but it's brilliant. Can't see a game like this ever managing the scope but oh my, when it's good which it usually is it's good.
  • Updated and had a quick go. I’m still at the start of the game in The Rescue mission in the underground car park/basement.

Performance has been improved in that part and is consistent 60fps. Was a bit stuttery before this update.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I thought the Phantom Liberty thing was going to be stand alone, but apparently not. Really wanted to try it on PC but I have the base game on Xbox.
  • Bah, did the Arasaka tower mission without killing anyone and thought I might get some kind of bonus, but nah...

...back to throwing knives at peoples heads then.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    drumbeg wrote:
    Bah, did the Arasaka tower mission without killing anyone and thought I might get some kind of bonus, but nah...

...back to throwing knives at peoples heads then.

You do get bonuses for some missions: cyberpsychos and some side gigs say that they want you to keep things quiet. I believe the bonus is usually just a bit more cash.
  • Well I'm impressed so have a bonus on me. I killed everyone but without firing a shot or stealth choking. Netrunner build is powerful. I like how you get a perk without understanding its significance and it changes the way you play. 

I guess its not often a company is forced to completely reassess a game. You'd think introducing a whole new way of crafting a character and changing the way you play would fuck the game but it turns out it's amazing. This is the game we were promised and it shines as an rpg.
  • I like how you get a perk without understanding its significance and it changes the way you play.

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of headhunter points for non-lethal takedowns. Not sure if I would have got those for plain kills?

Anyone on console have a pref between 60fps and RT modes? I hear RT mode also gives the city a higher population density. Not sure I could live with 30fps, but will give it a go.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Updated and had a quick go. I’m still at the start of the game in The Rescue mission in the underground car park/basement. Performance has been improved in that part and is consistent 60fps. Was a bit stuttery before this update.

Keep at it. Nobody tells a story like them. If you get to the tower (early game bit) you'll be in till the end. Some of the side missions are fantatstic but you only start exploring them after the tower.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    I like how you get a perk without understanding its significance and it changes the way you play.
    Yeah, I'm getting a lot of headhunter points for non-lethal takedowns. Not sure if I would have got those for plain kills? Anyone on console have a pref between 60fps and RT modes? I hear RT mode also gives the city a higher population density. Not sure I could live with 30fps, but will give it a go.

I would. You'll get used to it soon enough no doubt and the increase in ambience will pay off. I was in a tunnel at night after a mission and the lighting made it just lovely to walk around in. It reminded me of when I first saw Ridge Racer on PS1. I'm many hours in and still gawping at the reflections in the puddles
  • Ray tracing doesn't always add a lot. It looked lovely in Control but didn't really contibute much. In this it's dripping with atmosphere. It's not unlike GTA in that regard. You can do a mission in that at night or day and the vibes will be totally different.

There are too many gawping bits to list in this. The way a npc will blow cigarette smoke and it catches the shadows. The lighting on a face. I was walking past someone in a dimly lit area and they pulled out a mobile phone. It lit their face in just the right way and I stopped to just stare. 

I bet the next GTA is going to blow my mind.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's that on console or pc? Are ps5 and sex pretty similar?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Are the endings fixed? even OUR YOSSARIAN admitted mine was absolute garbage. It also came out of left field given I thought I'd settled down with
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    It's that on console or pc? Are ps5 and sex pretty similar?

I'm on PC but console has it too, but @30 fps, which is admittedly painful. Start off with it and you'll never notive the annoying framerate.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Are the endings fixed? even OUR YOSSARIAN admitted mine was absolute garbage. It also came out of left field given I thought I'd settled down with
    Spoiler:

There are a few ending iirc but I'm not googling it. The side missions are getting all my attention right now and I'm hoping it might affect the final ending but I have no idea. I've invested a lot of time with certain characters in side missions.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Are ps5 and sex pretty similar?

Yep.

regmcfly wrote:
    Spoiler:

There are different options available depending on your relationships with various characters throughout the game, specifically:

Spoiler:

Many of these relationships can be failed outright, but the last two in particular are very easy to lock yourself out of if you make the wrong choice at the right time.
  • I think it affects in-game missions? It certainly gives the illusion it does. I told someome to fuck off and it instantly resulted in a fairly long shootout, though I can't be sure it would've ended differently if I chose the other options.
  • Just think of what AI is going to do to gaming. At the mo it's confined to giving chatGPT-like answers, like the AI mod in Skyrim. It's pretty cool but fairly soon there'll be games without a defined ending and it'll be up to the AI and you on how it plays out.
  • I tried this briefly a few months ago and it wasn't for me, but it might worth mentioning that the 30fps mode felt pretty smooth/solid on PS5. If there's an option for performance over quality I can't think of an occasion where I've chosen the latter (definitely never a FPS), but for some reason this felt fine with the lower framerate and extra pretties.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I tried this briefly a few months ago and it wasn't for me, but it might worth mentioning that the 30fps mode felt pretty smooth/solid on PS5.

Fair enough, though I should add the 2.0 update changes the way it plays. The character build now can be very specific and it's fun to go down a certain path. More sandboxy for sure.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think it affects in-game missions? It certainly gives the illusion it does. I told someome to fuck off and it instantly resulted in a fairly long shootout, though I can't be sure it would've ended differently if I chose the other options.

Yeah, missions can have multiple outcomes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!