Cyberpunk 2077 - new CDProjekt Red
  • Interest intensifies.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Theres an absolutely garbo side quest called Sweet Dreams. It isn't worth it at all, for any reason. Avoid.

Seriously

I thought it was a fun twist
    Spoiler:

That's LITERALLY IT. No plot, no anything. Just a
    Spoiler:

A fairly cynical view!
    Spoiler:
  • Gremill wrote:
    Started this last night, just to have a look at it and see what's what. I'm playing it on a One X and it doesn't appear to have any issues that are that obvious? Seems like it'll be a fun time.

I found the game hard crashed a fair few times if I ran fast between places I wanted to be. That was the main problem I had.

It was quite playable throughout except the times it completely went wrong.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Theres an absolutely garbo side quest called Sweet Dreams. It isn't worth it at all, for any reason. Avoid.

Seriously

I thought it was a fun twist
    Spoiler:

That's LITERALLY IT. No plot, no anything. Just a
    Spoiler:

A fairly cynical view!
    Spoiler:

The hoary old trope of the
    Spoiler:
    is not new nor is it particularly interesting.
  • Spoiler:
  • Hollis has been quite fun to observe on this. It's as if Cyberpunk slept with his wife before they hooked up, BUT ITS OK HE'S TOTALLY OK WITH IT, and his takes totally don't read like he's been dying to shit on this game and he's holding it in.

What it is reg is, we wouldn't know good writing if it hit us on the noggin, because we're uneducated yobs m8.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hollis has been quite fun to observe on this. It's as if Cyberpunk slept with his wife before they hooked up, BUT ITS OK HE'S TOTALLY OK WITH IT, and his takes totally don't read like he's been dying to shit on this game and he's holding it in.

What it is reg is, we wouldn't know good writing if it hit us on the noggin, because we're uneducated yobs m8.

My dude, I had conflicting ideas on a game you like. I'm not criticising you, just the game.
    Although I suppose it's always easier to go for cheap shots than actually engage.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes, yes it is.
  • Yes, yes it is.

Lol

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • So, I felt bad about getting a refund on a Christmas present so I've been playing this on PS4 and I'm really enjoying it.

It definitely feels like I'm playing a PC game on low settings rather than an optimised PS4 game, but I haven't had any of the glitches or bugs that early vids were reporting.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • I've got completely sucked in by the side missions, most of which I find engaging.  I was making a play to get through the main story but the rest is so good.  A mix of tantalising rewards and varying my approach to quests has kept this as my main Christmas game (normally a colourful JRPG lol).  Most importantly, I've ditched my floppy-eared fleece hat for a combat balaclava.  Sad times.

Sorry, got to go.  It's raining in Night City and I have an Akira bike to ride to the next mission.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Had anyone talked to Takemura?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Its not annoying me but someone needs to grab their UI people by the short and curlies.

Just to load the game...
    Press B to continue. Press MENU to load. Select files save with A. Press B to continue.
    And then in game it’s X to select things.
    Consistency people.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Got round to finishing the main story (60+ hours) after faffing about with the sides which I totally enjoyed.  Haven't read much about the alternative endings but I was happy with how it panned out for me.

I'm not normally enthused by games of this nature so, despite the hype, it has exceeded my expectations and I'm looking forward to cleaning up the map with my energy weapon toting sneaky Nomad. Failing that I'm going to start again and slide as a dirty corpo netrunner.

There's no new game+ or anything?  Difficulty levels?
  • The difficulty can be set at any time. 

There’s no new game plus I think.
  • I've got to the point of no return in the game and I've become so attached to my character I don't want to continue so I'm just doing all the side jobs and gigs now...
  • Yeah, that's what I did (well, most of them).  Is there any way that you can repec as I've just started again as a Corpo just to experience a different playstyle.
  • You can respec your perks but not your levels I think. You go to the Ripperdoc that wakako sends you to at the start of the game to get some hand mod and that place has a respec chip for a 100,000 Eddies.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Finished the main story this evening. Kinda of a strange end to the game. Obviously I won't talk about it here - spoilers ect - but I'll need time to digest it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Finished the main story this evening. Kinda of a strange end to the game. Obviously I won't talk about it here - spoilers ect - but I'll need time to digest it.

Did you go to the
    Spoiler:
    right at the end? I laughed.
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Did you go to the
    Spoiler:
    right at the end? I laughed.

Yeah, I did. It was such a bizarre game. Like I said I don't really know where to begin with it. I mean, sure - it's another game that promised so much and delivered on only a fraction of that promise but that's par for the course these days. It's just that everything you do feels inconsequential. The dialogue options rarely result in anything other than the NPC just doing what they were going to do anyway.

Be interested to hear what others thought about it? I'm not really that motivated to go back in a try and different character / path as the RPG stuff was just so thin. Thought this game would be on my playlist for months...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I was furious with that ending. I had had so much (illusionary or not) choice about how to respond to things, and my plan at the end of my run was to
    Spoiler:
    which I thought I was on track for. Was giving me vibes of
    Spoiler:

But when I got to the balcony, my only options were
    Spoiler:

So all I had was that one fucking option when actually it would have been pretty straightforward, I think, to give me my desired choice - just a couple more lines in the location I was already in, and a fade to black.

But no,
    Spoiler:

Dumb fucking ending on that game, sums up the illusion of character creation the thing has.
  • I'm not at the end, but I have been loving nearly every minute of it. A lot of it (for me anyhoo) has been very special indeed. As a game, it may not be revolutionary, but as a game about the people you meet, and the places it takes you along the way, it's peerless. YMMV.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I realised how good the fake 3d windows are the other day. Just sat in the passenger seat of a car, rain streaming down the windows watching the world go by, and they are really effective at make the world seem more real.
  • g.man wrote:
    I'm not at the end, but I have been loving nearly every minute of it. A lot of it (for me anyhoo) has been very special indeed. As a game, it may not be revolutionary, but as a game about the people you meet, and the places it takes you along the way, it's peerless. YMMV.

I, too, have been loving it. I am only at the start of act 2 as I'm doing all the yellow icons on the map I can, but I just enjoy being in the universe a lot.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!