Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I'm glad I got a refund after watching that.
    The plan was to wait for it to be better but there is so much there to sort out I'm not sure it will happen.

I think the most interesting bits are where they compare things like AI reactions in this to games like GTA4, Saints Row or even GTA3, these games are up to 20 years old and offer better interactions.

Don't forget Lego City Undercover
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    41 minutes?

41? Minutes?

Can somebody sum it up in a sentence for me?

Pre release hype and bullshit put up against the finished product
  • It's a good watch Franny.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • ...also, I'm still loving my time with the game.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I'm glad I got a refund after watching that.
    The plan was to wait for it to be better but there is so much there to sort out I'm not sure it will happen.

I think the most interesting bits are where they compare things like AI reactions in this to games like GTA4, Saints Row or even GTA3, these games are up to 20 years old and offer better interactions.

Don't forget Lego City Undercover

Lol.
    That one did make me chuckle.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I was underwhelmed on PS5, I'm really enjoying it on PC.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    It's a good watch Franny.

It's 10pm and I still haven't re-arranged the cereal boxes alphabetically. Maybe another night.

:D
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It is a good watch. It's not just a piss take, it's quite a depressing summary of the situation. You get the feeling that the guy isn't taking joy from it. Same with the Angry Joe video, he's more disappointed than angry

• Just saw this. First new Crowbcat vid in a fucking age. Was maybe expecting him to do something for Watchdogs 3, but this seems like his magnum opus.
  • While I have enjoyed my time with Cyberpunk, I can't help but feel there is just too much to fix... 

I know Witcher 3 had its problems at launch but they've clearly stripped so much from what they previewed a few years ago. 

It's a real shame.
  • Just finished watching that video. It's worth keeping in mind that Crowbcat primarily focusses on negatives of a new release, and of course there will be plenty of redeeming factors or reasons to play the game. But this is an incredible takedown of all the bullshit marketing and lying PR.

It particularly shows how utterly rotten those 'influencer' shills are and how you should avoid them like the plague.

Don't preorder games.
  • Thought it was a good video, but the comparison bits against older games were a touch unfair, imo. GTA IV I remember got made fun of cos it had Havok physics turned up to 11.

The stuff coming from their own mouths though, especially regarding backstory and vehicles, fucking fuck me. Disastrous.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think the GTAIV comparison was pretty fair. I also much prefer the physics in that over V, everything from the character reactions to the heft of the vehicles as you slide them round corners just feels better. I want a return to that with GTAVI
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It is a good watch. It's not just a piss take, it's quite a depressing summary of the situation. You get the feeling that the guy isn't taking joy from it. Same with the Angry Joe video, he's more disappointed than angry

I think that's what most of us (specifically in our age demographic) feel like, just out-right disappointed. The real depressing thing though that this is just becoming normal. Games rarely, if ever live up to their promise these days and more often than not, launch in beta states and we're expected to stick around while they fix it.

I swear if I hear roadmap one more time this year...
  • I was thinking about this the other day.  I've done 90 hours of (what feels like) a small amount of story and the rest is side missions, gigs etc.  

The game looks polished at the start (on PC, YMMV), and then a few bugs or glitches but nothing game breaking comes along.  And then, as I sink more hours, I come to see the bits of the game where there should be more.  There should be vehicle damage, damage physics, more menu options, better menu UI, better dialogue triggers (don't activate a conversation while another is going!), better AI on the NPCs, better range of NPCs (I think they have 3 child models walking around, and they all say the same two phrases!), better cueing for dialogue and next mission check points/goals... better sight lines (don't randomly see me through this wall, please), consistent quick hack menu, no code string still in the crafting menu etc.

So I get the sense that there's whole chunks that have been amputated and we're left with those scars.  I've still sunk in a stupid number of hours and will sink in more.  But have I really come to be expect a AAA game that I paid the release price for to be like this?  I don't feel cheated, because besides the "You're breathtaking!" E3, I didn't really see any hype for the game.  But... are any of these types of games going to be whole at release?
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I will admit to liking this quite a bit every time this dreamy little thing hit the radio

As I was speeding on my bike through the city
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • are any of these types of games going to be whole at release?

We live now in an age of day one patches, but surely we'll never the likes of this again. A triple-A release that's as botched as this? What other company would like to see it share price plummet, it's reputation ruined, and its defective product effectively withdrawn from shelves? No, this has to be a one off.

The stage is now perfectly set for Bethesda to regain it open world RPG crown. Starfield will have scope and ambition, but surely won't be released in such a poor shape. And I know this sounds ridiculous, Bethesda, of all people, demonstrating that you can release a AAA game which isn't as buggy as hell, but I honestly think cyberpunk will be the wake-up call the industry needs. Give us big bold games that aren't broken please.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Mate at work just sold me this for tuppence. Said he kept falling through the floor so fucked it off lol.
  • How's the weather effects and day/night cycle in this game?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Lighting is very good, as are the weather affects. Have you not played it? I can't imagine you'll suffer it long mate.
  • Aye. It's a bit like panning for gold in an open sewer. I'll be surprised if you can put up with the state of it.
  • g.man wrote:
    It's a bit like panning for gold in an open sewer.
    Get that on the box art.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Mate at work just sold me this for tuppence.

A halfchalice?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Weather effects are crap. Might look nice in photo mode but walking around in the rain shows it up as cheap and unconvincing.

• I've just played it. The game is a really disgusting pile of shit.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I literally didn't know which way you'd go with it. Most here seem totally oblivious to stuff that puts a real handbrake on my immersion/enjoyment
  • Yeah wow I was not expecting it to be this bad ha ha fucking hell I feel bad
  • Fo shame, one of my faves. Miss it.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I’m just going to wait. I would love to be smashing it up now, but i know the problems will just annoy me and detract from my enjoyment. 

Fingers crossed they get it sorted out in time for the “next gen update”....imagine the update needs updating!
  • I mean, I can't see the game improving in any meaningful way apart from more shiny and better performance. Neither of those things change the fact this game is an absolute arsehole to play - straight up feels like you're stepping back a generation when compared to recent open worlders.

It's a pretty woeful attempt at future GTA with some really badly implemented hacking and dreadful gun combat, bundled with a lot of pressing a button to pick up shit everywhere and a lot of staring at a prettily modelled NPC's while they rattle on about some nonsense in an accent that doesn't suit the body language of the character model whatsoever, whilst selecting an answer here and there that might do something hours later, or maybe not. It's hard to care when the premise feels so outdated. This is a game where vehicles handle abysmally and swoon about like boats, a game where the general public are just posts, there to maybe trigger any kind of reaction from any police presence, a game where violence seems to be the only way to express yourself, an empty and pointlessly cluttered jumble of half baked ideas. It's dead and void. A game world richly detailed beyond reason but with nowhere to lose yourself. Even moving about in this world is clumsy. It's tragic.

Utter shambles of a game. PM me if you'd like my PS4 copy. I'll do a nice badger price.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!