Selling / Items wanted - The punting stuff and creating joy thread
  • With PS games you could always cash in and emulate to play at a later date.
  • The longer you hold onto them the more they're worth, we'll that's what I'm telling myself.

Cheers for posting! I have all those unfortunately but you should get about 180-200 for that lot.

Still after Cannon Spike and Rez for the big bucks then it's just the shite I need for a full set.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I definitely sold Rez too soon. Think I only got about £50 for it a few years back.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's hard to see when certain games will top out. They will of course. Lockdown ,may have caused a spike too.

But Dreamcast, Gamecube, import Saturn and N64 really seem to be highly desirable.

DC 3rd strike is a lovely game - I was just going through some of my DC games these last few days and it's a corker. The animation is lush. The menus etc look a bit cheap though - i imagine most Capcom stuff of DC will be going for bonkers prices - I'm not even looking.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Jesus. Rez is a lot compared to the apparently worthless PS2 version. Weird to think all this stuff was easy to get hold of back in the day. I guess thanks to digital most modern games will never truly become unavailable but I do bear it in mind for my purchasing now, particularly for stuff that has a physical competent like Labo and Ring Fit. On the one hand Labo is a lot of cardboard, on the other I think when YouTubers are doing endless retro videos looking back on it in 10-20 years and it's not available a lot of people will have FOMO.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • You should look what Cannon Spike is going for. That Moho and Evolution 2 are going for mentals now.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Gamecube games are really starting to jump in price atm.

Even tho the Wii was extremely popular & pretty much every man & his dog had one, I feel the more unique/obscure stuff will also start to jump in the next 5 years or so as the youts who had one start chasing down memory lane stuff as they start getting a disposable income.*

Even more so if Nintendo keep holding back their catalogue from the Switch & its follow up console.

*Maybe less so if covid 19 starts to dominate the planet.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Let's hope everyone feels very nostalgic for physical 3DS games so I can retire off the back of my collection of rare late releases.
  • I'm getting close to flogging my main console stuff, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to let my handheld gear go.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Apparently the English guide to the Louvre on 3DS is worth £135!
  • I have many gems, alas that is one gem I do not own.
  • I’m probably gonna sell all my old games bar one or two that you can’t play on newer consoles.

Example is Chrono Cross available on other than PS1? How about my beloved Vagrant Story?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I bought Soul Hackers because ShopTo had it on offer for £22, never opened it and now it is worth £80.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    DC Rez expensive now? Picked up for buttons in the day. Knew about Cannon Spike.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I went on a 3DS Atlus binge last year(got Soul Hackers) mopping up the stuff I didn't own, & yes its mad to see the price difference in just 12 months.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Tomodachi Life, Phoenix Wright Vs Professor Layton and the mainline Pokémon games really stick out on eBay as the surprise collectibles of the future. Not mad expensive yet but noticeable in the £50-40 bracket next to all the niche RPGs etc. that you'd expect to see.
  • I brought Ketsui Death label for the DS ages ago, sealed complete with CD(was tough to keep it sealed) but not seen a sealed one on ebay in ages so glad I did.
  • Pokemon games never seem to drop, especially the DS era.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Pokemon games never seem to drop, especially the DS era.

I'm shocked, they're probably the games with the most copies in existence yet the DS ones are worth loads - HGSS with Pokewalker is like £100?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've been looking at original DS on eBay. Dragon Quest V has gone crazy. Okami-den is also loads, which I sort of understand because Okami has stuck around but I bought it on sale for £15 back in the day because no-one was buying it.

I possibly need to check I have the right amount of contents insurance???
  • Fully agree, it absolutely baffling considering their print run as it were.

I own a Japanese HG & UK SS both with the walker.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

Lol, fully agree. All my comics, games, consoles, trading cards, models etc are boxed in the loft.

Had a dream/nightmare a few months ago that I had a house fire & lost the lot only managing to save my Gatchaman collection.

Was a sobering, cold sweating, relieved moment when I woke & realised, but still...

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Doctor Who Blu-rays for the fan crowd (I'm talking anything vaguely fancy, not the bog standard series releases) have started accumulating in value a lot once they go out of print. Mine are worth a small fortune.
  • I get that.

Even more so after getting the urge to re-watch orginal V & Alien Nation TV series.

Whilst finding V to be cheap & also readily available on VirginMedia, Alien Nation not so, infact the only DVD compete set I can find on Ebay, the fecker wants 200 notes for it.

The torrent I have going for it, is well, not going so well....
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I've been looking at original DS on eBay. Dragon Quest V has gone crazy. Okami-den is also loads, which I sort of understand because Okami has stuck around but I bought it on sale for £15 back in the day because no-one was buying it.

Got dqv ds sealed. Might have to check eBay...
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • davyK wrote:
    DC Rez expensive now? Picked up for buttons in the day. Knew about Cannon Spike.

There was something about the UK version of DC Rez being a lot rarer than the Japanese or American.

A quick look at eBay shows Japanese version around £70–80 but UK above £250.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've already trimmed down i think as far as I'll go, but I went morbid on a couple of games I know I have that are rare. Two biggest bad boys are fire emblem fates special edition (it has all three versions on one cart) and project zero wiiu which I think was exclusive physically to the nintendo store.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Unfortunately moving around and moving countries a lot in my early teens meant that og snes, n64 and thr like all got sold as we moved countries.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I sold conker on n64 about 3 years ago to fund a Japan trip which I do not regret, but I do have a mint copy of rocket robot on wheels that can keep accruing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!