Selling / Items wanted - The punting stuff and creating joy thread
  • All pointless to me now so I’m selling. Pumping the cash into my ISA.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm thinking about pumping cash into my baby's account
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Fates special edition still isn't THAT bad to buy considering its original price, I think I'm gonna actually try to get a copy so I don't have to think about it any more. The all-in-one cartridge is gonna much better for preservation if the 3DS eShop ever goes down.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think you will need to gouge on Buy It Now for your DQV Vela. There's £175 for a sealed PAL one and £108 for a sealed American one in the sold listings but neither were auction format and I suspect you wouldn't get as much through auction.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm thinking about pumping cash into my baby's account

Good. I set up children’s ISAs as soon as they were born (Zainab even made it into the final year of government giving a small contribution). Both ISAs looking very healthy right now.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    The Fates special edition still isn't THAT bad to buy considering its original price, I think I'm gonna actually try to get a copy so I don't have to think about it any more. The all-in-one cartridge is gonna much better for preservation if the 3DS eShop ever goes down.

Mine is mint. I held off selling it cos I do want to continue playing it. Suppose I could sell you the thing and just buy cart only for cheaper. ???
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    i Have my game collection as a named item with my contents insurance with a conservative value of £5,000. That's £10 a game. My Asteroids machine is on for £2000 on top of that.

It's worth doing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Dragon Quest V has gone crazy.

Ooh I have this. How crazy are we talking?!?

I need a £1 seller's fee thing really...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, I also have my game collection at a £5000 value. It is worth doing incase your house burns down.
  • Cross post from the music fred:
    poprock wrote:
    I’m clearing out my CDs and thought I’d ask whether any of you lot want anything.

I’ve sold off the stuff that’s worth a bob or two, And plan to offload the rest as a job lot. Should get a few hundred for it, even from chancers like Music Magpie.

Just checking before I do that … and badgers want to buy the lot off me instead? 800/900-ish CDs, which could be boxed up and couriered. I’ve got an offer of £600 for the lot from a dealer down south, but would do it cheaper for a badger.

Also … I can email a spreadsheet of the whole lot if any of you want to scan through and maybe buy a few individual picks. I’ll basically do that at Discogs prices - whatever their algo says each one is worth.
  • Ah shit I was going to go through the list, only got about 6 pages in. Will take a look.
  • No worries. Message me your email address if you want the Excel sheet - it’s maybe easier to flick through than Discogs.
  • Dont do it!! I regret getting rid of some of mine. Put them in the loft
  • Nope. They’ve sat untouched for five years. Literally haven’t played a disc in that long. I’m 100% digital nowadays, I don’t need ’em.

I gave all my vinyl to charity five years back and haven’t missed it one bit.

(Also, don’t have a loft.)
  • I've just found my DSS2 -

712X0jVW11L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Basically you give it USB power, plug in an optical cable from a console, and plug a standard pair of headphones into it, then it converts a 5.1 audio stream into virtual surround stereo with HRTF processing. I used to use it for the PS3, works great, really quite convincing. There's a variety of settings you can choose to get it sounding how you like too. Not sure if it's any better than what you might get built into current consoles, but certainly for older machines that have optical output and 5.1 it's probably a good option.

£10 with a little optical cable and mini-USB cable.
  • Sold all my CDs now, btw. Just waiting for a courier to pick ’em up later this week.
  • AND ON A RELATED NOTE …

I have two sets of bloody fantastic CD shelves to get rid of now. If anyone’s interested, let’s chat before I go and sell them on eBay or something.

If you have a lot of CDs, these are honestly the best shelving around. Each one holds 500 CDs. Super-slim steel shelves with lacquered wooden uprights and movable dividers. They fit huge numbers of CDs into a small space and look good. They’re quite heavy, but could easily be sent anywhere in the UK by van for a few quid.

Habitat VIP (very important product) Collection from around the turn of the Millennium. These were designed by Sharleen Spiteri, bizarrely.

Not my photos btw, these are nicked from online.

5e28c152479e2822cd1f80df

5e28c153b385be21fa9314d9
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nice
  • Fuck me, look how much these are selling for in France.

https://www.selency.co.uk/product/RTBGZ7TA/storage-cd-habitat-charleen-spiteri.html

They were less than that new.
  • For a bunch of shelves? World has gone mad...

I’ll give you £20.
  • Selling a copy of Skater XL on Xbox One. RRP is £35, I got it for £30, will sell to a badger for £20 delivered.

There's a lot to like there but I'm in too deep with a very similar but very different skate game in Session, so if you found that too hard or unrewarding, Skater XL is decent middle ground between it and EA's Skate series.

Cheers.
  • I’m running out of stuff to sell from the loft. eBay keep giving me selling offers. 

Dishonored Dunwall Archives book. Can’t seem to see any in current listing or sold items. No ideas how much I’m supposed to sell it for. I’ve put it up for a cheeky £199.99 and open to any offers just to see what kind of offers I get. (Apparently there was a limited edition version but mine isn’t that.)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. Wifey clearing out her mother's house (died 6 weeks into lockdown of natural causes - a hellish time since January - long story).Getting it ready to sell.

Found a boxed Polaroid camera that appears to still work - the flash and winding mechanism are still working at any rate - perhaps it is powered by a nuclear cell.

Plenty on sale on eBay though...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So my crt is away to my brother in law who is kindly giving me hisn14 inch crt which is as perfect as I could ask for
  • Selling a notebook - Samsung R730. It is like new, hardly used it, not a mark on it. Comes in original box.

17.3" screen
    Intel i3-380m processor 2.53GHz
    4GB RAM
    640GB HD
    DVDSMDL
    WLAN
    Webcam
    Windows 10

Battery is pretty much dead(must of dried out in storage), charger included.
    Paid £500 when launched, will take £200 delivered.
  • Interested. When did you buy it? Did it come with Windows 10 or did you upgrade it? Do you know if 32bit or 64bit? When you say battery dead, does it turn on and work with charger in? Do you think if i buy replacement battery it will work?
  • 2011 I think. Yes have put wins10 on it. Battery is in it at the mo to see if I can kick start a charge in it but works fine with charger. New battery should work, very little response from this one, no reason new one shouldnt work. Not sure about 32/64 bit. There are reviews online that should answer more. PM me if you have any more questions mate.
  • Does anyone have an old or a spare Google Chromecast they no longer use? I'm after one to set up streaming from my Oculus to the TV. Figured I'd ask here before looking for a cheap one online
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I’m about ready to sell my PS4 Pro 1tb console ahead of the PS5 launch. Thought I’d mention it here before it goes on EBay.

Lower-end of the going rate seems to be around £200 plus postage. I can match that for a Badger, cover postage, and throw in one game from a reasonable selection - Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon, etc. to get you started.

Let me know if you’re interested. If it’s a bit too rich, then I’m sure I can sort something out.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I’m about ready to sell my PS4 Pro 1tb console ahead of the PS5 launch. Thought I’d mention it here before it goes on EBay.

Lower-end of the going rate seems to be around £200 plus postage. I can match that for a Badger, cover postage, and throw in one game from a reasonable selection - Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon, etc. to get you started.

Let me know if you’re interested. If it’s a bit too rich, then I’m sure I can sort something out.

Bumping this one more time before the console goes online.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!