What can staff do to make a visit to GAME better for you?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    The fear of ACTUAL HUMAN CONTACT that some people have on here never fails to amaze.
    It's not fear, I just personally don't want to be bothered by any staff in any shop.
    If I need assistance, then people should be on hand to offer it when I come and ask them for it, other than that, all shop staff can pretty much fuck off and die. I do not wish to greeted at the fucking door, bothered when I'm clearly browsing, or told goodbye on exiting by some twunt who's clearly only doing it because management have ordered them to.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • "Do you want any help?"

"I'd like you to strip for me. Can you do that please. It would be helpful."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    You whipped out your Blue Willow?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    "I'm not afraid of shop staff"

"I want them to fuck off and die"

JESUS. Heaven forbid anyone tries to ever do their job.

Also I love dem self checkouts. BOOP.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    It's not fear, I just personally don't want to be bothered by any staff in any shop.
    If I need assistance, then people should be on hand to offer it when I come and ask them for it, other than that, all shop staff can pretty much fuck off and die. I do not wish to greeted at the fucking door, bothered when I'm clearly browsing, or told goodbye on exiting by some twunt who's clearly only doing it because management have ordered them to.

regards

g.man

I take it your back is no better then? :)

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I can understand the lack of time to clean traded games and boxes and it's maybe equally unrealistic, but has anyone ever thought of not accepting or giving less trade in for the manky stuff?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me - told him to drive from Aberdeen to London to film a FIFA tournament and then he had to sleep in his car and there was a bit of shit on the steps outside the FIFA torunament and then they asked him to create a Space Giraffe promo and he also had to wait for the FIFA on PS3 To title update THIS IS LIVING
  • I hate the hate on shop folk, it makes me sad. Yes they're doing all that shite because management tell them to, but I've been in that position, and usually they're doing that job because it as it least tangentially close to what they want to do in the future and they all hate the management telling them to do that retarded stuff, but also hate the prospect of being fired for not doing it. Go whine at the management and tell them you hate being bothered, don't get annoyed at some poor scruffy oik who is working there to pay the bills.
  • FUCK 'EM
  • BUT YOU'RE THE LOVELIEST HERE :( :( :(
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    You whipped out your Blue Willow?

It all came to a head when they moved him to underwear and he was fired for taking silk.

That's all right, that!

Me: gave him some boat shoes and a letter from 1955 telling him to wear a bulletproof vest in Inverness.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Remember that whole thing about how we don't judge people on what they do to earn a living and all that shit that even Gonz was on about? Seems like we don't keep that rule for shop staff.
    OH HYPOCRISY
  • Bollox. You don't have to be a genius to offer good customer service. It's all about reading people, and that really isn't rocket science. If you can't pick up on the wants and needs of your customers just by observing them then you really are in the wrong job.
    I genuinely love shopping, and I love good customer service, but the amount of people employed as retail staff who are utterly clueless about how to offer useful and appropriate levels of service just beggars belief.

I'm middle aged me

g.man
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Can we help you there, Reg?
  • One of the obstacles to that though G is this stupid customer service script thing. In the last retail job I had I got put on report for not running through the cunting script with every customer who entered the store.
    I knew I was giving good customer service but that wasnt enough, I had to do the script because store and regional managers are paranoid about losing points on mystery shops.

The entire system is a lesson in trying too hard and in the end failing.
  • Trudat.
  • g.man wrote:
    Bollox. You don't have to be a genius to offer good customer service. It's all about reading people, and that really isn't rocket science. If you can't pick up on the wants and needs of your customers just by observing them then you really are in the wrong job. I genuinely love shopping, and I love good customer service, but the amount of people employed as retail staff who are utterly clueless about how to offer useful and appropriate levels of service just beggars belief. I'm middle aged me g.man

I worked in shops for a while, so did lots of my friends. Most of us HATE approaching people who don't want to be approached, but the alternative can be a disciplinary from the manager, and a warning. Again, aim your ire at the people in control of the company who don't understand their customer's needs, and thus spend millions on training courses and material showing staff how to 'take the customer on a journey' and all that bollocks, instead of putting funds into schemes they'd appreciate.
  • ...thing I really hate is when some poor twunt thanks me as I leave a shop when I haven't even bought anything.

gah!

g.man
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    G man seems to misunderstand that most staff in stores have protocols to follow or scripts to read and these are decided by the higher ups. Seems to be attacking them for things out with their decisions. Also way to tar a workforce of (Id reckon) 10s of thousands of staff across the country with one brush. Classy.
  • FUCK'EM REG.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That was my nickname at uni
  • hahahaha
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Retail electro shops have always felt like a makeshift Metal Gear mission. The onus on informed browsers to evade their footerin' footmen.
  • I hide the bodies behind the white goods me.

:D

g.man
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I misdirect them into the storeroom.
  • I got numerous perfect scores from Mystery Shoppers, yet was made to feel like I was failing at my job when I essentially refused to perform counter sales at Halifax. Never missed targets when put in a different environment (Business Banking Adviser) but was looked upon as someone failing in my job because I didn't constantly ask customers who there mortgage was with, etc.

Retail banking, ugh.

No suggestions from Game from me, barring the oft-mentioned "employ non-fucktards" thing.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Maybe once USB3 becomes standard. Waiting for 10-15gb+ to copy at USB 2 speeds would take your entire lunch break.

A fair point, but USB3 doesn't have to be 'standard' (by which I assume you mean widespread) it just needs to be used by the console, the kiosk, and whatever Xbox branded USB drive they flog.

As for shop staff hating approaching customers dare I venture that they're in the wrong job. You need a thick skin to take all the "I'm fine thanks" knockbacks to get to the one person that really does need help.

The rules staff are given for interactions need to be a lot smarter. Case in point: I asked someone in B&Q where the No5 Flibbityjibbet was and he said Aisle 9 and started walking me too it. I said it's OK, just point. He said he wasn't allowed to then walked me to the precise location.
  • Didn't hate it because of offence, hated because I was made to do it when people clearly didn't want to be asked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!