Zelda
  • Speedy Hen eh? You'll be eggspecting it on time then?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Art and Artifacts arrived. What a big and lovely tome. Only got standard version though cos Amazon let me down what again (they cancelled my preorder of The Sky: Art of FF many years ago).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • @Raiziel, got your ltd ed copy yet?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Art and Artifacts arrived. What a big and lovely tome. Only got standard version though cos Amazon let me down what again (they cancelled my preorder of The Sky: Art of FF many years ago).

Mine came today but I was out, still happy cos £22
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Just finished Arbiter's Grounds on TPHD.

That's the first part of the game that's not as good as I remember it. When I first played it I really liked that boss fight, in hindsight it's actually one of the weaker ones. To tedious trying to catch up to him on the Spinner.

Times running out to polish this off before BotW, can't remember off the top of my head how much I have left. Think I'm about 60% done?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 4 more temples I think. 

Not sure what you mean about the boss. You just ride spinner and press jump if a spike comes or fireball close to you. That's it, no?
  • But you have to wait a bit for the boss to show up. And if you fuck up it is a tedious slog.
  • Just finished Arbiter's Grounds on TPHD.

That's the first part of the game that's not as good as I remember it. When I first played it I really liked that boss fight, in hindsight it's actually one of the weaker ones. To tedious trying to catch up to him on the Spinner.

Times running out to polish this off before BotW, can't remember off the top of my head how much I have left. Think I'm about 60% done?

I've just got there but decided to play it again later , don't want to over play Zelda formula before Friday
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    4 more temples I think. 

Not sure what you mean about the boss. You just ride spinner and press jump if a spike comes or fireball close to you. That's it, no?

Cheers, gonna try and blast it over the next two days, wish me luck.

Yeah basically what @mistercrayon said. You have no control over the spikes coming towards you and you lose all momentum when you jump to the left and as a result can find yourself on the floor having to start all over.

If your unlucky it can turn into a right pain, if your lucky on the other hand it can be done in 2/3 hits. Feels a bit random.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Sye, random. Not all the bosses are good. I didn't like the last boss.
  • That's another one I remember loving at the time, will be interesting to see what I think now.

Just realised it was about 10 years ago I completed this on Wii, and N64 came out 20 years ago today.

Switch only two days away, everything's coming up Nintendo.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Do you mean Ganon? All the formes are crap.
  • Yeah, like I said I loved it at the time. Seems I'm in the minority though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I don't remember being that annoyed by it in the past though either.
  • I hated TP Ganon. Janky motion controls, jankier Epona and Zelda not firing the pissing bow!
  • Ok I'm a bit pissed off now.

One dungeon out of the four left down, trying to get to the second one but can't make it into Faron Woods.

I've been given a gold cuckoo by Rusl and have got to a point where I need to rotate a platform with the Gale Boomerang but it doesn't reach.

What am I doing wrong? Don't recall getting stuck here on the Wii version.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The first rotating platform you come to?
    It reaches but I remember it being quite fiddly for some reason.
  • Yeah a bit fiddly.
  • You gotta push ZR after locking on with ZL - ffs!

I guess this is the problem with playing such a game sporadically.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Ok up to the Temple of Time dungeon. Gonna watch a quick movie then will get on it and do the next two and hopefully complete tomorrow in time for BotW.

The entrance to Temple of Time was pretty cool actually, nice little OoT throwback, I'd forgot about that.

Must say for what is essentially a tarted up GCN game this look really nice in places.

Just goes to show how good the graphics were on the 6th Gen, unfortunately it's mostly hidden behind the standard def resolution these days.

Hopefully GCN releases on Switch will get a similar treatment.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I enjoyed that dungeon despite fucking it up and walking the length of it several times missing something obvious.
  • At the beginning of the City in the Sky.

Two more to do tomorrow, might actually be able to squeeze this in.

Retro sleep now...
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Looked out the 2DS and went back to ALBW after a long while and cannot for the life of me remember where I've to go. Just had some witch give me a bell.
  • I can't remember mate but just Google it a pick up where you left off from a guide, I had to do the same for TP.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Aye, done that. I'm on chapter two, apparently.

I am the absolute worst.
  • Done TPHD!

15hrs over two days.

Was 5 dungeons I had left in the end after Arbiter’s Grounds:
    Snowpeak Ruins
    Temple of Time
    City in the Sky
    Palace of Twilight
    Hyrule Castle

Parts of this game were better than I remember and the HD lick of paint does the job well imo, its much more than just ressing up ala the PS3 HD collections.

In terms of performance though, its an absolute dog on the Gamepad, I had no idea the Wii U performed differently depending on mode. It was buttery smooth on the TV with Pro pad though which is how I played all but a couple of hours of it.

I think they could have improved the game a bit more here and there, it still takes a huge proportion of the game to gain the ability to call Epona at will for example. In fact Epona feels pretty useless once you gain the ability to change to Wolf Link on the fly.

Another odd thing I found was the the last three dungeons of the game were by far the easiest and shortest, bit unusual that.

Overall its a great Zelda imo. Somewhere in here there's a better game than Ocarina, the Hidden Skills for the Master Sword for example are a great edition. Unfortunately its just a bit bogged down with minor gripes to topple it.

Bring on Breath of the Wild!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I actually liked it as a better game world and characters than other Zeldas.
  • How long is Minish Cap?  I'm almost certain I looked this up a few weeks ago and was encouraged by people saying 10hrs, but HLTB has it it 15hrs for a basic runthrough.  I'm on a GBA kick and I've been meaning to play it since release.
  • I'm sure 10 would be possible. I don't recall it being very long.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!