Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ei2mYEJ.jpg

The tri-wing anti-tamper screws, and then a huge gap at the top of back of the console?? Such a level of detail then completely thrown out by mounting the cartridge in a position as if you tried to load a GBA cart into ogGB. Looks purdy as a package though
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I heard issues with slowdown from previews at E3, with later builds being much better (but still having noticeable slowdown in the overworld).

I don’t think it’s something they’ll patch, I think this was as optimised as they could get it for now. Apparently the ‘blur’ used to mask loading is more prevalent in handheld than docked too.

I remember hearing this was done in Unreal 4, which is also what bloodstained ran in right? Guess it’s really hard to get it running well on switch.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Thing is it's still not officially out until tomorrow so there's no knowing whether they're planning for this to be the day-one build. It is quite surprising how much post-processing stuff they chose to go for given it doesn't run particularly well.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm already stuck.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It's not an issue but it's very unNintendo

Hopefully it gets patched. Looks like a cool game by all accounts.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I'm already stuck.

Go north.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I'm already stuck.

Frame rate is that low, huh?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Second dungeon down. I’m really feeling this. The slowdown is jarring. I’m happy to pay that price as it looks unbelievable. Nintendo’s toon shaders get better and better.

It’s not great that the hardware can’t seem to cope with first party output. Generally performance gets better and this console is only mid-cycle. Still, there may be patches on the way.
  • £50 too much for me. Will get second hand and play lttp on SNES in the meantime.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Someone will have finished this before launch day I bet.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Does this mean that GB > Switch??

To the Dogs fred
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • mk64 wrote:
    £50 too much for me. Will get second hand and play lttp on SNES in the meantime.

You can get it for £40
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Or you could get it second hand in 18 months for....£36.80
  • regmcfly wrote:
    That slowdown. It's rotten at points. It's really significant, and feels very un-Nintendo.

Stewing on the stuttering a bit.  Cinty mentioned slowdown in BotW, but I'd describe that as far more forgivable - yet still annoying - due to the sprawling game world, the dual platform development, the non fixed perspective and so on.  'Un-Nintendo' is right imo, I'm very surprised this shipped with any more than ultra low level framerate issues.  Ninty usually polish their big releases to the nines in my experience, both on Switch and Wii U, so letting a flagship franchise loose in a slightly wobbly state sets a bad precedent that I hope they don't continue.  They can usually be trusted to make their games look good without going into the creaking-under-the-weight-of-its-own-ambition zone. 

Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but I won't be happy if they don't fix it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So apparently it has been confirmed that it's not UE4 and is apparently Nintendo's in-house engine. Also, apparently the issues are due to memory management and thus vary a bit depending on whether you're playing from internal memory, SD card or cartridge. Bit weird.
  • Someone will have finished this before launch day I bet.

Already seen speedruns for it on YouTube. Not wat he’s as spoilers but yes people frantically going for wrs.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Does that Collectors Edition actually have a functioning GameBoy with the original game?
  • I didn't realise it was Link's Awakening that had been remastered, I thought it was LTTP.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Does that Collectors Edition actually have a functioning GameBoy with the original game?

No, it’s just a case for the game.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • What difficulty are people playing on? Want a challenge but not rock hard - gonna pick Hero me thinks.
  • I just went normal. The combat’s not hard cos you can hold shield then strike so Hero shouldn’t be too bad, but I figured the extra damage and lack of hearts would just annoy me more than anything.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m just pootling around on normal enjoying the ambience. I’ve forgot so much of this game and pretty sure I didn’t finish it.
  • You don’t remember the last bits? You’re in for a treat.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Started playing this earlier, making it my second (well, kinda third, but really only second) foray into a Zelda game, and it's really rather lovely. I’m going to enjoy this.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I just went normal. The combat’s not hard cos you can hold shield then strike so Hero shouldn’t be too bad, but I figured the extra damage and lack of hearts would just annoy me more than anything.

Yeah tell me about it, didn’t realise there’s a lack of hearts.
    Done the first dungeon.

I guess I can’t change back? There’s no option screen as such is there ?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What?? The tip doesn't count????
  • Didn’t really read it
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm stuck as fuck. Level 2 - Bottle Grotto.
    Spoiler:
  • I'm stuck as fuck. Level 2 - Bottle Grotto.
    Spoiler:
    Possible solution but if I’m wrong about where you are it’s a possible spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • Some of this is nails. I used a walkthrough for a couple of the overworld bits. No shame because the solutions, while fair, would have taken so much legwork and trial and error and stuff to have discovered naturally. Different back in the day when you might get stuck and sick of a game then come back to it in a couple of weeks and have a rethink. Once I stop now that game is gone forever.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!