Zelda
  • Done it finally. Onto the Zora’s Divine Beast! Not bad going, I’ve only owned it for 18 months after all!

Frankly, I need to be sick more often.

x
  • I’m going to Dora’s Devine beast for the first time :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Finding Dora
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Is Dora the water elephant?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dora the poura.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • An explorer, I thought.
  • Latina wasn't she?
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I’ve completed SS a couple of times, good dungeons, but I can’t face going through it again because of that god awful ‘assistant ‘.
    Things can only get better.
  • Well, you won't have to any time soon; Nintendo nixed the rumours.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Huzzah! I’ve still got it on Wii U boo!
    Things can only get better.
  • Got battered about 100 times by the minotaur things. It was basically one shot killing me. Fuck. Come back to that then.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Minotaur?
  • Richie’s a centaur!
  • Lionel's a Dorasaur?
  • Lynel

yeah this thing. Fucked me up so many times. I've decided to come back when i'm a bit more powerful and possibly with some fairies. Any tips greatly appreciated. I'm shooting an arrow at it's face and then whacking it. Dodging and whackin it. But it's not really taking damage. As soon as it pulls the electricity out i'm deaded :(
  • Yup that was me.  I stealthed the fuck out of it.

x
  • mk64 wrote:
    Lynel

yeah this thing. Fucked me up so many times. I've decided to come back when i'm a bit more powerful and possibly with some fairies. Any tips greatly appreciated. I'm shooting an arrow at it's face and then whacking it. Dodging and whackin it. But it's not really taking damage. As soon as it pulls the electricity out i'm deaded :(

After you shoot it in the face you can mount it to whack it. When it throws you off you can use slow mo arrow shooting to hit it again. Rinse and repeat for easy lynel bashing.

I just made sure to avoid them a lot of the time though.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • You can quite happily go through the whole game without killing any, as I did. 
    Although I believe they do drop some good shit.
  • They're not too hard to kill, once you get the hang of the combat.
  • It is a slog though.
  • My method above has zero wear in your melee weapon too, pretty useful bonus.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It also transpires I had pretty shit weapons when I took it on. I'm alot more loaded now. I've also got an additional 4 hearts which will help. I'm going to head over to him after I take out the camel looking devine beast which is my next stop. I'll probably get the master sword first. 

I've just been to gurudo and got the womens clothes. Some lovely dialogue in that area. Anyone else managed to get in the secret door? I got so fucking lucky to find that out. It was so by chance that if I hadn't fluked that I doubt i'd ever have worked it out.
  • The what?
  • Actually don't tell me, I'll try and suss it out.
  • Did you find it? 

[font=Times New Roman, serif]I've taken down my first divine beast, the camel. This is amazing. The game just keeps on giving. [/font]
  • Camel first? Far out. Enjoy the rest. :)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I went to dora first but got fucked up by the lynel thing. Since then i've hit a lot more shrines and using my stamina got to some places I probably shouldn't have by now. i've got about 11 hearts (I keep going back to the master sword but it still won't let me take it) and got caught up around Gerudo where I was doing loads of sidequests. Ended up getting roped into it. Took me about twenty attempts to shoot the feet (such a slow reload for that section) and then about an hour and a half to do all of the rest of it. Final boss about 4 attempts to be fair, the lightning bit threw me. 

The lightning ability i've learnt.. They don't actually tell you how you do that. You've just got to figure it out for yourself. I'm now over by akkala and just got my first dragon piece. Starting to get sidetracked by wonderful side quests. Cooking is a chore. 

Really feel so many moments where I climb and climb and climb and then just stand at the top in awe (usually next to a korok seed) and think fuck year and jump off like a base jumper. It's brilliant. 

I think i'll try to do as many of the side quests and shrines before the final boss as I can as I worry i'll not come back to it once it's done. The game is worth more than that. I've already bought the DLC.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!