Resident Evil
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Not had anywhere near enough time with this because of work but want to get stuck in this weekend. Just got
    Spoiler:

Can't believe the 'dirty coin' from the demo is simply counted as a coin to use as currency.

Prepare to be annoyed, very very annoyed.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Not had anywhere near enough time with this because of work but want to get stuck in this weekend. Just got
    Spoiler:

Can't believe the 'dirty coin' from the demo is simply counted as a coin to use as currency.

Prepare to be annoyed, very very annoyed.

Ive gotta be honest...I couldn't help but LOVE IT ALL!
  • Did you find many instances in which the sound stuttered and went out of sync or some loading screens taking several minutes at a time?

Is my Xbox dying or does the game need a patch?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Did you find many instances in which the sound stuttered and went out of sync or some loading screens taking several minutes at a time?

Is my Xbox dying or does the game need a patch?

No there are a few issues of that,I had to look it up. It's usually if you use the instant on mode, syncing to RE.net causes an issue. Always quit the game before turning your box off Wooks.
  • Does this have VR on PC?
  • PsVR has a year exclusivity apparently.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Would like to try this in VR just to see how different it feels to play. Then again VR won't save the tacked on crap levels at the end. There's a cutscene where it feels like the natural end to the game, then the tacked on crap starts.
  • I played a bit of this last night and it made me jump and swear, which is a feat. Well done Resi.
  • May have to start again on madhouse sooner than planned as I do miss this game. Really was quality.
  • @verecocha what did u think of..
    Spoiler:
  • Tempy wrote:
    I played a bit of this last night and it made me jump and swear, which is a feat. Well done Resi.

Even the bug on the back of the hand after lifting the pot lid made me jump. The rumble on the pad didn't help.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    @verecocha what did u think of..
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    I played a bit of this last night and it made me jump and swear, which is a feat. Well done Resi.

Even the bug on the back of the hand after lifting the pot lid made me jump. The rumble on the pad didn't help.

For me it was after dinner:
    Spoiler:
  • Tempy wrote:
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    For me it was after dinner:
    Spoiler:

Yep, that as well along with a few others.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Apparently part one of the dlc, "bedroom" is so good that it should have been in the game. Part two of the dlc "nightmare" is apparently ok
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Stupid bastard postman left a 'we tried to deliver etc' note. Which is a complete lie as he didn't have any package at all, just the note. They'll get an earful tomorrow.
  • second boss down last night.
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    First hour or so and all is well. Glad they changed it all around from the demo. Doesn't seem to have the same detail, either in the graphics or the game, as the demo, but never mind. I guess you couldn't hold up that level of intricacy over a compete game.
  • Are you on console or PC? It has inbuilt supersampling on the latter
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What did you fill their ears with?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The best spoiler?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Are you on console or PC? It has inbuilt supersampling on the latter

Nar. Ps4.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Nah, it was just a present.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A couple of hours into this and I'm really enjoying it. They've updated and changed stuff but it's still absolutely Resident Evil, but like 1 or 2, not the later ones.
  • I'd say I'm about 3/4 through and I've loved it all. Some genuine scares and very unsettling too. Is a proper RE game. Puzzles, exploration, combat and resource management.
  • First time I've wished for a 'use a mop and bucket' button. The house is so grimy.

The scares are rather undermined by my Benny Hill runs back to the safe rooms.
  • Speed ran it today and got achievements for completion under 4 hours, all the Mr Eveywheres, only three item box visits, no health items used and all the antique coins. Now for a madhouse run. Love this game.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well into this now and it's really great. Proper Resident Evil with great atmosphere and fantastic graphics. I'm continually almost out of ammo and health and so doing a lot of running away, which is how it should be. Definitely an early game of the year contender.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!