Resident Evil
  • Started this last night and it’s absolutelt stunning. Loved every second of it and can’t wait to get back.
    Managed to get the
    Spoiler:
    but then my kids woke up and started a whole night of restless behaviour so had to shut the game off.
    I doubt I’ll get any time tonight and then I won’t have access to my Xbox until next Saturday :(

I’ll probably finish the first run through in a month or so at this rate :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Started ‘this’?! So which Resident Evil are you playing? I’m guessing 2.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Oh sorry, silly me. Yes, it’s 2
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I think 7 has spoiled Resi for me.  I’ve just tried this 2 remake thing and I’m thinking it may not be for me. Controls like an arse and why the fuss about the graphics? They look ropey as to my eyes.  What a comedown from the highs of RDR
  • It looks pretty good on my laptop's small screen, but when I plug it into the TV it's very hit and miss.  The main characters look fantastic, some of the furniture looks a bit Xbox 360, and some of the reflections and other effects don't seem too natural.  Not running it anywhere near maximum settings though.

My thoughts seem to reflect Dark Soldier's from this thread - top game excluding Mr X.  Have played Claire's first story and It's a bit off putting to playing the other scenarios, knowing he'll be there.  He spoils what I like about the game; solving puzzles, getting ambushed by (killable) enemies, never being quite sure what's around the next corner.  Procrastinating in the notes and inventory screens cos I'm too scared to find out!  X mostly just reminds me of needing to do a late night pee but a drunken housemate is loudly staggering around in the kitchen making a midnight snack and I don't want to talk to him
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I think 7 has spoiled Resi for me.  I’ve just tried this 2 remake thing and I’m thinking it may not be for me. Controls like an arse and why the fuss about the graphics? They look ropey as to my eyes.  What a comedown from the highs of RDR

Yeah, it looks real bad.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Black screen is indeed really bad. They should add some graphics.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

I'm playing it on xbox one x and, to me, it looks very slick and it's running at MUTHA FUCKING 60fps!!! On console!!!

Sure it might not looks as great as other games that are pushing everything to the max but I'd much rather MUTHA FUCKING 60fps than any alternative.
  • Playing RE2 Remake, having only played 1 and 4 previously.
    Absolutely loving it
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • RE3 remake looks like it is happening (the RE2 Remake has sold 3million units at present, way beyond Capcom expectations and more than RE7 sold). As the original RE3 reused alot of assets from RE2. Wouldnt be too huge a deal to reuse assets from RE 2 remake for RE3 remake.
  • should only take 5 mins!

in this day and age it would have been hour long DLC
  • Sigh, this thread keeps reminding me my mother in law has moved in.
  • why is she your resident evil?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    RE3 remake looks like it is happening (the RE2 Remake has sold 3million units at present, way beyond Capcom uexpectations and more than RE7 sold). As the original RE3 reused alot of assets from RE2. Wouldnt be too huge a deal to reuse assets from RE 2 remake for RE3 remake.

Resi 7 has sold 5.7M so far.

Remake 3 will happen though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • That's Leon's 2nd run completed - Not sure it's as good as the Claire run but had just as much fun, in a different way.  IE I'm less of a scaredy cat about what might be around the next corner, and enjoy taking the fight to monsters more.  It's also a good feeling solving the puzzles without any fuss.  Really like its short campaign/multiple routes set up too.

Even Mr X isn't so bad when you know how to deal with his segments!  Top game.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • It's really pretty but so old fashioned and feels like a chore.
  • Mentioned in the Currently Playing thread but I beat the Leon story last night. Ended up with something like 80 handgun bullets left over, so I think there was a lot of Resi4 muscle memory helping me. Really is a fantastic game, looks great and has some wonderful audio design (I played with headphones throughout). My main point of praise is for the map screen though, totally cuts through all of the confusion and time wasting that often goes hand in hand with the older style Resi titles. Knowing where I needed to go, and what I could grab on the way or how I could use certain rooms and paths to avoid Mr. X was a godsend. I’ve fired up Claire’s 2nd Run next on the advice of pals and I’m already liking the Single Action Army as a replacement for Matilda.
  • S+'s Claire's first run last night. 3 hours 9 mins and 0 saves yo. now i got some sort of unlimited 9mm.

2nd scenarios are kinda hard, got to a point with Leons and a corridor i didn't board up earlier has me in trouble now. might have to start the run again.... trying to unlock a door with 2 lickers, mr x and a couple zombies all pitching in is a mess.
  • I got S+ on Claire A too, only on standard thoughj because I am not a savant. 3 saves for me, before the G fights for insurance. I love how quickly you can tear through certain sections when you know what you’re doing.
  • I heard this on a podcast today and couldn’t quite believe it. There was only 6 years between the original RE and REMake.

REMake is 17 years old this year.
  • Dear Lord! Where does the time go?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Absolutely wild. Always makes me slightly freaked out that the trademark notice on the Resi2 title screen says 1998 and 2019
  • resi 4 was released almost exactly 14 years ago. 

then re-released every year since then ;)
  • As it should be, as it is “the greatest”.

That said, between Resi 2, 4, and REmake, this series absolutely fucks.
  • i like resi 4 but for me nothing beats REmake.
  • Too stressful for me, makes me panic even thinking about playing as Chris again. 6 inventory slots! Six!

Can’t wait to see what Capcom cook up for 8, even as someone who actually likes 6 for what it was, the fact they changed direction despite it being their best selling title was a bold move. 7 suffered a little, but 2 is just brilliant. I even love Mr. X, cheeky fucker wishes he could catch me.
  • the slots are my main bug bear with resi games. 

i mean i like the theory on storage management but why does a shotgun take up the same amount of pocket space as an egg?
  • eggs need a lot of padding not to crack.
  • just pad it with the 6 foot green 'herb' you just picked up form the evidence room.
  • Played some more of 7 last night, got up to the
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!