Resident Evil
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Vere - took me 11 headshots on one fucker earlier! Other times one shot boom.

Nuts isn’t it!! I can happily look past it but man it’s crazy, as you said earlier, you can have 80 bullets and within 5 minutes they can all be gone!
  • Takes one bad corridor or room and that's it. You're out of ammo!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Smang wrote:
    I don't know if I can be arsed getting to the point of figuring it out tbh.

it's not super complicated, lose him and don't make any noise :) also as Ver said he goes when you hit the progress story point.

Kinda hard not to make any noise when the location i need to go to takes me.past three zombies in tight corridors and two lickers. No health potions, dead in no time.

Spent the.past hour trying slow approach, fast approach, different routes etc. Genuinely bored now.
  • Why play the same game with different characters?
  • Routes Bloody Routes
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Did it that was great fun amazing
  • like the old games knowledge of the map is rewarded :/

it's quite easy to get pretty far in and have no ammo or anything useful at certain points. not great game design i guess. 

for example DS's corridor issue might be different had be boarded up all the windows and taken out the lickers earlier. if it's the corridor i think it is, on my second run i had cleared it out in anticipation of Mr X.

either way flash bangs are underestimated.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Im sure it would have helped if I knew of Mr X. As is I was conserving ammo and skipping zombies.

At another stupid bit now, aspects of this are great but fuck me does it bog itself down in places.
  • yeah, there were a few moments where i almost blew my lid, 2nd G fight for example. one of those where after you've done it doesn't seem so bad. 

tbh in todays age of game design it's kinda nice to have some retro instadeaths ;)

my biggest issue was the uncertainty of killing zombies. i got so used to trying to save ammo and dodge, that at the boss fights i felt like i wasn't supposed to shoot them and it took me a bit longer than it should have. 

it seems like it's only worth trying to kill the lickers unless you have access to fire.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This bit is lol
    Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong it's a good game but isn't the second coming of Christ a lot of reviewers are making it out to be. There's a reason some aspects of game design are outdated.
  • lol yep. trying to do that section with no guns is the only interesting part.

agree regarding Christ 2.0. i still think it's one of the best resi games i've ever played but it has a couple issues carried over from 1998.

also i bought the OG music track. now the nostalgia is setting in.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its a [7] so far. Dated boss battles, dated mechanics, some good atmosphere and its an enjoyable location to explore.
  • Scenario B for Leon down, True Ending got. Like all these things it added pretty much nothing but was a bit of fun. Gotta go on Holiday tomorrow, will miss Raccoon City!!!!
  • At least you can leave your Xbox games downloading.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    At least you can leave your Xbox games downloading.

That’s the ONLY plus. I can hear my bloody external hard drive from the bedroom, I’m sure it’s going to take off and go through the roof. Poor thing.
  • Its a [7] so far. Dated boss battles, dated mechanics, some good atmosphere and its an enjoyable location to explore.

I guess that's the benefit of it still ultimately being a remake. Do you think it would have felt even more dated if it was just a graphics upgrade? Or do you think it only feels dated because some elements of the gameplay have been modernised but not some? I'm still early on in Leon (ayo) as I just got the 3rd medallion. Still loving it but then again I haven't hit any bosses yet. Considering how much I can suck against normal enemies I don't have high hopes for my boss encounters...
  • about the only thing missing are melee attacks, otherwise its more or less on par with resi 4/5 mechanically. (IMO)
    boss battles don't amount to much more than run away and take shots at big weak point, but thats standard resi.

i'd rate REmake higher tbh, it felt more like resi 1 than this remake feels like 2, is that isn't too waffley.
    i personally feel that the fixed camera angles added to the characterisation of the police station, but tanks controls blah, i know i'm weird.
  • I think I'd have preferred this to be a REmake instead of dressing it up as RE4 tbh.

Still love it though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I would take another RE1 in this engine with these mechanics tbh.
  • it seems likely 3 isn't far away.
  • DyHovjkXQAAWkJN.jpg

Good a time as any to post this
  • A question, maybe my memory is getting old but i dont recall the tyrant chasing you around in RE2 back in the day.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    A question, maybe my memory is getting old but i dont recall the tyrant chasing you around in RE2 back in the day.

It’s one of the few changes, he only chased you in Claire’s scenario? Maybe even just in her scenario B? Something like that.
    MattyJ wrote:
    I would take another RE1 in this engine with these mechanics tbh.

That would be ace, but it’ll never happen and I do love REmake so I’m cool with that.
    Smang wrote:
    it seems likely 3 isn't far away.

I really hope so, be interesting to see how they’d work the different branches etc, loved 3, though it’s easily the shortest. And the more Resi the better!!
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    A question, maybe my memory is getting old but i dont recall the tyrant chasing you around in RE2 back in the day.

As Vere says he only showed up in the 'B' campaign previously.
  • the tyrant appeared in the exact same spot originally, but he wan't able to leave the area you encountered him. you'd shoot him till he dropped, then he was done until he popped up again.

i have a feeling he didn't show up in Leons story unless it was the 'B' run.
  • He is very handsome
  • Smang wrote:
    it seems likely 3 isn't far away.

Rumoured it already is...

オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!