Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I remember I had a ntsc version of Dino Crisis on a chipped ps and it was black and white. The color code puzzle fucked me.
  • I'm holding out for a Deep Fear remake.
  • Kow wrote:
    I remember I had a ntsc version of Dino Crisis on a chipped ps and it was black and white. The color code puzzle fucked me.

Hahaha, I had the exact same copy, if I remember correctly it was rather early on too?
  • one resi clone i really liked back in the day was 'nocturne'.

i don't think it wasn't that well made but something kept me coming back to finish it.
  • This is reviewing very well. I'm avoiding the video reviews. so i can go in blind, i did find out one piece of info, will spoiler it
    Spoiler:
  • Did anyone play the PSone Alone in the Dark? It was a really late release that also came out on DC and then got ported to PS2.

I always liked the look of it but never got around to even playing it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I sat with a mate while he played through it.
    It was really good at the time.

Although some dogs jump you early on, shit my mate right up, he pronounced "nope", took the disc out the console and it sat on a shelf for months before he would be convinced to play it again.

It has a kind of fucked up story, much better than Resi stories tend to be.
  • I had it on Dreamcast but never gave it much attention, past being impressed by the torchlight on pre-rendered backdrops thing.  It definitely looked the part.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Kow wrote:

Hahaha, I had the exact same copy, if I remember correctly it was rather early on too?

Yep. I spent ages trying every random combination I could but never got it.
  • Just played the first hour or so of Claire's story, man this is a remake of epic proportions.
  • I never played the original so I have no idea what is going to happen. Although from what I've read they've switched some things up to keep the veterans on their toes too which is cool.
    I'm playing Leon's story first. The engine they've built for these games is so darn impressive. Can't believe it runs at 60fps.
    The only issue I have is the same as with 7 where it seems that some of the facial rigging is a little off and they have a habit of making a mouth shape that reminds me of:
    SafeTouch_Dental_Dams_634579825323453532_1.jpg

A minor complaint really for something pretty awesome.
  • yeah there's some uncanny valley shiz, but overall the graphics are very impressive to my console'd eyes.

it might be years since i've sat down with a new game and just not stopped playing until i needed to go to bed, but this has got me...

only gripe so far is i've seen the same zombie a few times, and considering the effort put in everywhere else it's a bit weird.

i love the new licker behaviour too.

Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lads this is really fucking good
  • Lads this is really fucking good

Ain’t it just!!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yup properly impressed by it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    So the only thing I didn't like about the demo was that Leon looks about twelve years old. I've just seen Claire on the Steam page, and she looks about eight! Bizarre art direction.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Kids are getting proficient with the zombie apocalypse younger and younger these days
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    In my day, your first zombie apocalpyse was an event, something to look forward to.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Now it’s just “mum, i’m just nipping to the shop to get Pokemon cards”, “Don’t forget to destroy the brains of those zombies using your handgun on the way, hun”, “stop it mum, you are SO overprotective!”, “ok, your hair is looking good though!”, “I use bryll cream, for the ultimate hold when knee deep in zombie guts” 

The youth of today.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    F'real though anyone who hasn't bought this is a lunatic as its basically 2, 4 and 7 (props to Mugs) all wrapped up into a stonking mofo of a game. Very intense, with a lot of polish.

Also my favourite touch (minor mechanic spoiler):
    Spoiler:
  • I will be playing this more over the weekend. Proper good. I hope they take this approach to any other remake type thing they do in the future.
  • Picking it up next weekend... Gonna be good.

What are your playstyles fellas? Taking it slow exploring everything? Shooting all zombies? Any idea of game length?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Looks like this is selling well, at argos at least. Not an argos within 75 miles of me have any stock left.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Picking it up next weekend... Gonna be good.

What are your playstyles fellas? Taking it slow exploring everything? Shooting all zombies? Any idea of game length?

Each scenario is typical original Resi length according to my pal, so shorter than you’d expect in a post 4 world.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I resent this game because I just tried to search on Twitter for cute raccoon images and ended up with a bunch of Resident Evil screenshots instead.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Just played the demo, dunno why i thought it would be in first person perspective. Maybe they are saving that for RE8 onwards.

Took my time, didnt rush. It brought back memories. Once I've finished spidey this is next up.
  • I just don’t want this to end but can’t be far off. Will be straight onto Claire’s campaign afterward. Absofuckingloutely loving it. Where you upto @DS?
  • There must be alot of game to play seeing there are four playable characters (the video at end of demo shows you as much).
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    There must be alot of game to play seeing there are four playable characters (the video at end of demo shows you as much).

Oh yeah, 2 scenarios for each then some Hunk and Tofu action. But it’s just so good I want it to go on and on and on.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    I just don’t want this to end but can’t be far off. Will be straight onto Claire’s campaign afterward. Absofuckingloutely loving it. Where you upto @DS?

Been working today so not played it. Im at:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!