Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil 2 is sounding hotttt. So basically both their remakes are bangers. Conclusion: wait for resident evil 7 remake to get a good game.
  • Imagine if they revisited 4. Would it go from being almost [10] to an [11]?! OMg!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Its the only way the maths works.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Resident Evil 2 is sounding hotttt. So basically both their remakes are bangers. Conclusion: wait for resident evil 7 remake to get a good game.

Resi 7 was top banana already.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • i swear 4 is the most re-released game of all time, maybe okami. if they've not jazzed it up by now they never will?

REmake has to be some sort of historical anomaly, to my mind it managed to keep the entire spirit of resi 1 whilst giving it a facelift that still holds up today. to the point Remake is how i actually remember 1 looking.

I'm also a bit weird in that i preferred the fixed cameras in many ways.
  • Rumours are that a remake of 3 is already well underway.

Apparently its the only one not on an engine that can make it future proof for porting.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    REmake is the Bible when it comes to doing, um, remakes.

I thought Resi 3 and 2 were the same engine?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:

The originals probably were, the the remake of 2 uses the same as 7 afaik, leaving 3 as the only one on some archaic psone level engine.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I heard it all on here:

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Rumours are that a remake of 3 is already well underway. Apparently its the only one not on an engine that can make it future proof for porting.

surely that was true for 2 as well, so if my memory serves resi 3 was mostly jill running around slightly altered environments from 2... half the work is already done ;)
  • Probably why they're well into development of 3 remake if that video is to be believed.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • There's only a brief section in the police station in 3 IIRC. Most of it is out in the city in newly modelled environements.

It is a bit of a weird one though, in that its single character made it seem like a less substantial game than 2. But actually it's the one I ended up playing most. It was the first time in Resi that I got into trying for better ranks by doing speed runs and using fewer saves. Perhaps it helped that it was the same each time.

I still can't rate it as highly as 2, but it definitely deserves more recognition than it tends to get.

Edit: the mercenaries mode was pretty great too.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bought Digital Deluxe Edition cos COSMETICS
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    The originals probably were, the the remake of 2 uses the same as 7 afaik, leaving 3 as the only one on some archaic psone level engine.

Oh, I see. Derp.
  • I think that video nailed it. 3 won't only be the last to be updated, but the last that can't be easily ported to future hardware.

Capcom realise this series is an instant cash cow every time new hardware is released. Can't blame them while people are still up for buying them.

I hope they do Dino Crisis next. I would Kevin Keegan love it.
  • I never got round to playing Dino Crisis. Remake would be appreciated.

Cant wait for this.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • JonB wrote:
    There's only a brief section in the police station in 3 IIRC. Most of it is out in the city in newly modelled environements.y

It is a bit of a weird one though, in that its single character made it seem like a less substantial game than 2. But actually it's the one I ended up playing most. It was the first time in Resi that I got into trying for better ranks by doing speed runs and using fewer saves. Perhaps it helped that it was the same each time.

I still can't rate it as highly as 2, but it definitely deserves more recognition than it tends to get.

Edit: the mercenaries mode was pretty great too.

I think Resi 3 suffered from the host console getting long in the tooth and people suffering franchises fatigue.

Resi 2 is one of my favourite games of all time yet 3 passed by. I played it for an hour or so at a friends but never felt compelled to buy it myself.

Same thing happened with Streets of Rage 3 and Donkey Kong Country 3 and the drop in sales of all of them reflect that. All three were also still good games just not as good as what came before.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • three1ne wrote:
    I never got round to playing Dino Crisis. Remake would be appreciated. Cant wait for this.

Was very good. Hope they do a remake.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    three1ne wrote:
    I never got round to playing Dino Crisis. Remake would be appreciated. Cant wait for this.

I never got into Resi back then but Dino was my jam. Great game. If they did a similar remake for that I'd be well excited. We need more HD dinos

• hylian_elf wrote:
    three1ne wrote:

Speaking of other games that seem to have this third game curse, Dino Crisis 3 went under the radar a bit. I guess that was more to do with no being on the PS2 than anything else though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • JonB wrote:
    There's only a brief section in the police station in 3 IIRC. Most of it is out in the city in newly modelled environements.y It is a bit of a weird one though, in that its single character made it seem like a less substantial game than 2. But actually it's the one I ended up playing most. It was the first time in Resi that I got into trying for better ranks by doing speed runs and using fewer saves. Perhaps it helped that it was the same each time. I still can't rate it as highly as 2, but it definitely deserves more recognition than it tends to get. Edit: the mercenaries mode was pretty great too.
    I think Resi 3 suffered from the host console getting long in the tooth

I believe Code Veronica was supposed to be Resi 3 but they had a deal with Sony to release 3 numbered Resi games on the PS1. This is why 3 is a bit of a throw together with repeated assets.
  • Dino Crisis almost certainly hasn't got the market that Resi has and so I'd say has very little chance of an update in the Remake style. But I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
    The Forum Herald™
  • @LivDiv Cool, didn't know that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • RE3 feels a bit like a dlc expansion to RE2. Same engine, same character animations, same scenario (escape raccoon city), same enemies and gameplay with added tweaks. Ammo crafting was new and there was a last second dodge move (early unprompted qte?). Besides that business as usual.
    Good game where the Tyrant haunting you is a bit more fleshed out than in RE2.

Code Veronica is the real RE3. New engine similar to Dino crisis but with DC level detail. New settings, new lore, new enemies and puzzles. Would be nice to see a remake of CV as well.

As livdiv mentioned, the numbering is wrong due to obligations and contracts.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hmm, 30 percent off already in a few places here...
  • As mentioned somewhere else here.
    This, Farcry, and Crackdown are all out the same day, Anthem the following week.

I had a look last night and all of the seem to be available at a shade under £40, they seem to be bastardizing each other's preorders.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Going for 40€, down from 60... Not bad but must resist...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    As mentioned somewhere else here. This, Farcry, and Crackdown are all out the same day, Anthem the following week. I had a look last night and all of the seem to be available at a shade under £40, they seem to be bastardizing each other's preorders.
    Resi 2 is out tomorrow.
  • Is it?
    Bloody hell, I thought it was next month.

IGNORE ME
  • hunk wrote:
    Would be nice to see a remake of CV as well.

It would but seeing as its already easily ported to modern consoles I doubt we'll get it. Still, at least its not PSone ugly.

Bob wrote:
    Dino Crisis almost certainly hasn't got the market that Resi has and so I'd say has very little chance of an update in the Remake style. But I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

The hype of Jurassic World would have been an ideal time.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!