Resident Evil
  • Not feeling it at the moment , but I was slow to warm to 4 as well. I'm still interested because I missed out on 2 back in the day but I can't say I was blown away.
    SFV - reddave360
  • So that's that. Pretty much what I expected, which is good. I didn't die, but I don't think I got that far either. It's not the sort of game that's worth rushing through on a first try, because a big part of it is building atmosphere to make you cautious. I tend to walk around until I know an area is clear.

I almost got killed in the first part because I was swinging wildly with my aim, but actually it wasn't too difficult to pop the Zs in the head after that, when you've got more distance to work with.

Most of all it's damn tense. The sound effects. Lack of light. But also how it plays on your knowledge of the original to keep you guessing. I was expecting
    Spoiler:

Edit: Still can't justify buying immediately though, as I've got other stuff to get through.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Really enjoyed this. I remember a lot of the locations from the original, but this is just lovely. The dark and shadows add so much to it. And the zombie animation is just great.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Maybe not a day one. In for a chalice for sure.
  • The rendering of the gore is amazing. I also like the lighting model with the torch. Really amps up the moody atmosphere. Brad's nowhere to be seen tho.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I wonder how much of that section will be different in the real game.
    Spoiler:
  • Just played the demo and loved it. An excellent combination of classic resi with the resi 4 style control scheme. It hit all the nostalgic notes I expected (so many memories came flooding back) but it just looked and played so well.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Normal version digitally pre ordered. Looked at the Delux but the only attractive thing was the original soundtrack swap option.
  • This is awesome. Dunno whether it was because I knew it was a timed demo of because I played it at 3 in the afternoon but didn't find it unbearably scarey and actually really enjoyed it. Took me a minute to get my aiming right (Leon's "come onnn" when I missed was lol) but then I was off. Also I didn't save my shotgun ammo at all.

I could've easily carried on with that. I think the real deal will have moved a few things around from the demo though
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I’m saving this up for me and my daughter to play through.  Not even touched the demo and I’m going in blind.
  • RE2 is easily in my top ten games ever. However i have no time to play this at all at present. May end up doing like @favuncle and going in blind when full game is released (i will make time then somehow, i hope).
  • JonB wrote:
    So that's that. Pretty much what I expected, which is good. I didn't die, but I don't think I got that far either. It's not the sort of game that's worth rushing through on a first try, because a big part of it is building atmosphere to make you cautious. I tend to walk around until I know an area is clear.

Same here.  This demo took me back to playing RE1 on the PSX as a teen, thoroughly exploring safe-ish rooms to the point of procrastination, putting off the next unexplored corridor!

Have really high hopes for this.  Have gone the pre order.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • the best bit about this remake is Leon saying WHAT THE FUCK?! when i shoot something.
  • I liked it when he told a zombie to fuck off.
  • “Leon, now!”
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Finally started Resident Evil 7 last night. Got about an hour in, up to the part where
    Spoiler:

Genuinely quite creepy so far much like the demo, looking forward to playing it more.

What's the general vibe on it from you all?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's excellent. Loses it about two thirds of the way through, though, but it's still great.
  • Overall, I loved it. There are some bits that are less excellent than the rest, but they don't detract from the overall experience for me.
  • Yeah, it's mostly great. Some weaker sections and the bosses are mostly annoying, but otherwise surprisingly good.
  • I bounced right off it.
    Saw through the atmosphere to see game mechanics and it ruined it.

From what I played there is very little threat. Checkpoints were abundant. Things seemed very scripted and linear, to the point there were parts where i couldnt attack anyway so knew I was on a walking SIM until attack buttons were unlocked.

Mostly I couldn't have cared less about the character I was playing. Dumb fuck shouldn't be in creepy house.
  • If dumb fucks weren’t in creepy houses we’d have no horror games/movies!
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Haha.
    Yeah but when it's a film it's passive. I quite enjoy calling them a dumb fuck. I don't want to be the dumb fuck. (Get enough of that in real ilfe)

Generally in games there is normally a better reason why they are there, or more accurately in this, why they didn't ring the police.
  • Yeah. The set up for it is really stupid.
  • 7 is ace until it becomes more Resi then its merely great.  Bosses are fucking shit and a waste of time and space though.  Really poor - all of them but then I hate all bosses.
  • 7 is great until you leave the house and it's grounds. Should have ended there.
  • Grabbed by the Ghoulies has a better setup than Resi 7.
  • I mostly liked it, but it was clear that it was an attempt at reinvigorating it in a clash of styles that didn’t particularly hang together well.
  • It's a rare one that I didn't like while also being a bit gutted that I didn't. I really thought I would enjoy it.
    Oh well.
  • I’ve actually not played it so it could be shit, but if the comparison upon release was comparing it to Resi 6 I can see why it was reviewed favourably.  I mean in 6 you’re a dumb fuck(s) who thinks you’re a cool fuck, there is no worse attribute in life, and incidently that attribute turns your horror game into an action game. 

Resi 2 remake looks awesome though
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • I really liked 7 but then I'm no Resi nut. 4 is the first one I really played and I haven't played much of the others.

I did play a smidge of the new demo. Didn't want to see too much. Dang it is impressive though. I'll definitely be getting it. The fact it is 60fps on the BoneX is awesome too considering the graphics are so good, makes a big difference.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!