Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    2 hours more of Resi? I'll have that, thx.
  • JonB wrote:
    Assume that includes the paid DLC too?

I'm playing through the main game again now too. I have some minor issues with it, but it's really well done overall.

Yes it's the GotY edition. I held out for it, although the vanilla version has been quite cheap of late. I do believe it has been X enhanced too.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I shelved 7 back after launch because of Zelda but returned to it over the weekend. Started afresh and put it down to easy as I just wanted to plough through. It’s absolutley fucking brilliant, really love it.
    It’s helped that I’ve played it with my daughter at the side of me for support. We’ve both jumped and shrieked together - it’s been really wonderful fun.
    The bad point; she’s only nine. Now go ahead and all judge me.
  • Ps She’s fine, realised it’s a game and is just interested in the story. She sees it as an adventure.
  • I mean it’s an 18 rating, but there's 2 of you so - 18 ÷ 2 = 9 years. She'll be fine.
  • 7 was really enjoyable for me.

1st part scared the shit out of me and had great performances.

2nd was puzzling and interesting

3rd act was OTT in way I liked...

..but I agree with many people’s view that it was annoying, from a gameplay standpoint.

In addition to that I did a thorough rinsing of the REMake this year. This one I found tense, creepy and great just the entire way through, less the labs which drag at the end. Resi games struggle with ending well, huh. What was 4’s I can’t remember?

A great year with this franchise was had, anyway. And I downloaded 2 and 3 while they were pennies each on psn is king may it continue in to 2018.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    4 has a strong closing section leading to the battle on that construction platform not long after the Krauser fight which is great.
  • This looks fucking baller as shit.

TANK CONTROLS BAYBEEE

Shot right to the top of my list of W A N T I N G
  • It'll be too scary for me to play unfortunately. Looks amazing though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It looks like it could be proper scary, but I'm well up for it. Probably my favourite Resi, other than perhaps the first remake, and this seems a great way to reimagine it.
  • Oh man this looks so good! My fave Resi after 4
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’m still annoyed that they went down the Resident Evil 4 route instead of the GameCube Remake. The most apt description I have seen so far is that it is Resident Evil 2 for people who didn’t actually love the original. I would kill for a new old school RE game - you would think after the absurd sales figures of the HD re-release of 0 and remake Capcom would see that the demand is there.
  • I would like to have seen a version like the previous GCN remaster as I never got to play 2, but this seems a fine enough way of bringing 2 up to date.
  • Mr_Knight wrote:
    I’m still annoyed that they went down the Resident Evil 4 route instead of the GameCube Remake. The most apt description I have seen so far is that it is Resident Evil 2 for people who didn’t actually love the original. I would kill for a new old school RE game - you would think after the absurd sales figures of the HD re-release of 0 and remake Capcom would see that the demand is there.

I feel the same, 2 is by far my favourite.

I played 0 last year on PS4 and loved every minute of it, was kinda hoping for more REmake than this RE4 skin.

4 was great but it marked the point that RE lost its identity and started to evolve into a more action based series than survival horror.

This seems like a step back in that sense.

I'm sure it'll be great and that I'll love it though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Re2 ia my fav of the lot. The first i played, i had no idea at the time that i would play through again from the other character's perspective. Awesome game.
  • Spoilers!

Just kidding.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Resi 7 isn’t hooking me.

I started playing in vr and it was really good in some aspects (being enveloped by the game and spookiness). But it was necessarily slow and I found the jerky sideways motion kind of jarring.

I moved to normal mode and moving a head with a stick feels almost comedic in comparison, but whatever it’s a game this is what we’re used to.

The real sap on my motivation is that the game feels like it wrenches control all the time during cool bits (oh you think your gonna leave the garage?) and leaves you hanging to wander around hunting for crap during boring bits (hunt for the interactive marker!).

I may go back to vr though if I try again.
  • I found the elusive item (via a walk through) it was in a bath.

I got a lot further now and it’s very creepy in parts. Some of the aesthetic choices are really good.

In terms of play im not sure that the moments of action mesh that interestingly with the creepiness (and then less creepy horror). The open space between action moments is too long because it’s not smooth- the minute you have to double back because you have to put items away and feel relatively safe (this is necessary as a consequence of needing action but being stingy with ammo) the magic of the game evaporates.

The action is mostly perfunctory and unweighty (shotgun is good) but effective in results.
  • To complet the trilogy:

It’s not a bad game per se but it’s not a game that will stick in the memory. It feels like a game thoroughly unconfident in itself and anything new it brings to the series by flopping all over the place and falling on tropes (I’m not at all sure what or who the ending shot of a helicopter is meant to be for other than unthinking dorks).

Specifically:
    Spoiler:
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Specifically:
    Spoiler:

Assuming you're talking about a specific point in the game: because
    Spoiler:
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Done the prologue on resi 7.. then it says game data has nkt finished installing... anyone got any ideas how long this should take?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Progress bar should give you some indication.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yeah there wasn’t one cos the game was playable but it turns out I can press option on the icon then select information to find how many of the 25 gig is left to go.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ah, a hidden progress bar. Shifty.
  • Something I'd not come across before.. but hey ho.. might know I'd be pissing in the wind expecting anything sensible in here ;)
    The Forum Herald™
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    :D
  • This looks great:

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yep, that looks terrifying. Sure is a looker, too.
    Get schwifty.
  • Sucks it'll be too scary for me :(
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fuck man that's straight to the top of the wish list.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!