Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    By the end of dog quest I wanted to kill him. The fucker was constantly nudging me, getting the in way of doors etc. Complete twat.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s wrote:
    By the end of dog quest I wanted to kill him. The fucker was constantly nudging me, getting the in way of doors etc. Complete twat.
    Spoiler:

That's every companion ever

I can barely move round my own house for Lydia and some kid blocking every path.
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah but he was constantly pushing me, even when trying to pick up stuff off tables etc. Anyway, got rid of him and Lydia's busy looking after the crib, so I need to go and earn some honest dollar to pimp the place up some more. Can't decide whether to have an alchemy lab or trophy room at the back.

Who needs the main quest. Not me.
  • At least at the start he runs off

Lydia blocks every door way ever
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    That crazy New Yoyka of a dog was an absolute nightmare for pushing me around in my current play through. Barbas was already a pain but I swear they've upped his irritation factor for the Special Edition.
    Get schwifty.
  • I found the dog in FO4 to be more annoying as well.
    I think it is down to how the engine handles movement.
    Characters pivot on the spot then move in a direction, kind of semi tank like.
    However quadrupeds get a bit wonky because their centre point isn't where they should be pivoting and being long rather than tall they get wedged or collide with more surfaces.
    Top down humanoid characters would be dots but quadrupeds would be sticks. They move like a drunk person playing Kuru Kuru kururin.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I found the dog in FO4 to be more annoying as well. I think it is down to how the engine handles movement. Characters pivot on the spot then move in a direction, kind of semi tank like. However quadrupeds get a bit wonky because their centre point isn't where they should be pivoting and being long rather than tall they get wedged or collide with more surfaces. Top down humanoid characters would be dots but quadrupeds would be sticks. They move like a drunk person playing Kuru Kuru kururin.

Really shouldn't be too hard to model them as two bipeds with an articulated sausage joining them though, bit like noby noby boy
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • New Vegas on Hardcore mode made it next to impossible to keep your companions alive. I'm all for invincible companions who can be incapacitated during battle.
  • Had a weird bug where some assets  failed to load as I went through a door. Causing me to fall to my death. And cos I'd gone through a door it auto saved causing it to reload, still not reload the assets and for me to fall straight to my death again.

Cos I was mid quest it hadn't auto saved for ages. Cheers for that!

Anyway I've got all three dark brotherhood trophies but the cunt still wants me to do things. Is it worth it or can I just crack on.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yes, you get a horse.
  • The horse is already following me around?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Okay, I've either forgotten the end of that quest line or didn't finish it. Ignore me.
  • You would know about it if you had THE horse. It is fucking awesome.
  • I have the horse, although come to think of it maybe it's just lent to me,

Where do you 'park' your horse if you don't want it following you around ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Anyway I've got all three dark brotherhood trophies but the cunt still wants me to do things. Is it worth it or can I just crack on.

Those are just radiant quests. You can just carry on with other things if they don't appeal.
    Get schwifty.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    They will keep offering you quests, if you have THE horse then just stop, or if you fancy extra easy(-ish) money then do then
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Cheers guys. Thought as much. Deffo onto a bit of exploration again I think. A ridiculous amount of fast traveling in the dark brotherhood ... maybe a bit of dlc.

Quite loaded so I might focus on that trophy for a while.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Took the ps4 over to my missus for a few days and skyrim just looks awesome on her 6 year old Samsung TV. I have a Samsung as well but it's only 2 years old and bigger but for some weird feckin reason it looks better on hers. Found myself stopping and staring...
    Peter3C
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    If it's a smaller 1080p set the pixels will be less obvious giving a sharper image.
  • Just imagine how good it'll look on that new Nintendo gamepad thing then.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s wrote:
    If it's a smaller 1080p set the pixels will be less obvious giving a sharper image.

Now I've to listen to my tele is better than yours for the next year...
    Peter3C
  • Ok I'm level 20 archer looking for Gratian's journal and I'm fairly deep in mine but have come up against scourge dragurs with blue cunts that kill me in 3 secs.should I forget about it reload a previous save and bring a companion?
    Peter3C
  • In general should I bring companions?
    Peter3C
  • You can shoot Draugrs while they're still sleeping on the shelves.

They then do a slow waking up animation which gives you another chance for an easy shot at them.

Also if you have any fire shouts, use them.

Lastly, you could always lower the difficulty for that section.
  • I'm getting killed by a frost some cuntin fecker, help please!!
    Peter3C
  • Well, which do you want to do? That's kind of the point of these games; picking what you want to do. All of your suggestions are viable. Companions are shit if you're using stealth, but otherwise helpful if annoying.
  • Sounds like ghosts .. I mostly like a companion.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Lowered difficulty just for this part!
    Peter3C
  • pc71 wrote:
    Lowered difficulty just for this part!

You're best off coming back to it,

I've never lowered the difficulty and I'm a proper wimp.

As I understand once you visit an area the level is locked. So scoot back and come back after you've leveled,

Otherwise consider buffing yourself with potions or throwing a few scrolls at it. A fire spirit thing should help.

There's loads of ways to go about, mostly enemies don't spawn either afaia so don't feel scared to run away heal up and come back.

There's loads of valid tactics,
    The Forum Herald™
  • The type of draugr you face changes as you level, so if you have spread levels too thinly across many disciplines it can get tricky.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!